We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited 2 teaser on eden's website?

Eudemon

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems like a real car image. But at the same time you can see that (as a modder) it uses the same brake disk look as TDU.

So imo? TDU is gonna be a update? like Burnout paridise had with the night time and extra fixes and all that other goodies. :oook: It would explain all the unused showrooms (Jap tuner etc and i believe extra lamborghini dealership and ferrari)

It seems like a real car image. But at the same time you can see that (as a modder) it uses the same brake disk look as TDU.

So imo? TDU is gonna be a update? like Burnout paridise had with the night time and extra fixes and all that other goodies. :oook: It would explain all the unused showrooms (Jap tuner etc and i believe extra lamborghini dealership and ferrari)

That would be sweet :D

;161298']Sadly' date=' 2009 will be a bad year for anything fun, due to the economic crisis. Hopefully Atari/Eden and whoever else is involved will be somewhat in order by the summer or fall, but that (sadly :cry: ) is probably optimistic.[/quote']

Actually Atari are in pretty good shape considering - they had their big financial re-structuring completed before the economic stuff hit, so they had the funding in place just before it got hard to get funds - great (or lucky) timing!

To be honest the game is too long in the tooth for an update on the scale of Burnout Paradise's. The unused dealers I imagine come from covering all your bases, i.e. easier to put in the showrooms and not fill them than to have to add them later. I also used to hear rumours of ambitions plans for regular car packs which would have required the showroom space, but who knows.

Either way, I say a new installment of the game is likely, an add on for the existing one, not so.

Let's hope it's soon :happyroll: :happyroll: :happyroll: :happyroll: :happyroll: :happyroll: :happyroll: :happyroll: :happyroll: :happyroll: :happyroll: :happyroll: :happyroll: :happyroll: :happyroll: :happyroll: :happyroll: :happyroll: :happyroll: :happyroll: :happyroll: :happyroll: :happyroll: :happyroll: :happyroll:

You're kidding right? It's a small image of part of the car, and amazingly you can tell it's quality and how it will look in the final game right away!?! :rolleyes:

Please shutup about mods and such, we know nothing about TDU2, we believe this is a teaser image of a car that is in TDU2. TDU2 is still a long way away though so until there's concrete proof of the game in motion just be quiet.

OMG....wth, Eden is making cheap cars again? Tool's models are better than that....but I'm still looking foward to it, and will the mods be available on TDU2?

LOL, congrats its a early render used in a banner with various effects over the top of it. I honestly can't believe the attitude of some people on this forum. If the mods are so awesome then you can stick with them, it's not a problem. The car models for TDU are on the whole very good.

but really.....the wheel is oversized, the headlight is like the Murcielago Coupe in TDU, and some black bits in the hood...and the car is very high....

Why does someone always have to "know best"? Just be happy like the rest of us. :)

Unfortunately there always has to be someone who just can't be happy and has to moan about something. If the games release was round the corner I could understand some criticism but when it's just simply a heavily post produced image teasing us, I'm dumbfounded to be honest.

i notice that they have a link for a forum on their site, but when you click it

you get a blank page that says "coming soon"

and just a question here, but has anyone ever tried the direct route and used their contact link to ask about TDU 2?

click on the studio link and you get their phone and fax numbers in France

i notice that they have a link for a forum on their site, but when you click it

you get a blank page that says "coming soon"

and just a question here, but has anyone ever tried the direct route and used their contact link to ask about TDU 2?

click on the studio link and you get their phone and fax numbers in France

The forum has been like that for over a year, and im sure if they were able to give information out about TDU 2, they'd of announced it already, and not just over the phone, so they can get as much press as possible

news page is working again (at least for me). Also, did anyone notice the cruise ship in the graphic on the left hand side of the page? Looks like the setting for whatever game they have that page centered around is going to be another popular tourist spot. Maybe all the Hawaiian islands? I second the belief that the image next to the car is a bush instead of a map though. That model in the pic looks really nice to me as well. The "black bits on the hood" that Maple mentions look like reflections of trees or shadows to me. All I know is that I sure hope this is news about a new TDU because I have been looking for a good non-sim racing game since NFS took a turn for the worse.