We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

RACE Pro - Your Verdict

Nodz86

Is this game worth purchasing.  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Is this game worth purchasing.

• Floor it to the checkout!
    • Steer well clear!
    • Wait until the bargain bin!

Thought I'd ask you all what your thoughts are on RACE Pro.

Heres mine:

Installed the game to the HDD and was 5.0GB, 1 less than I expected, booted it up and the menu's are simple and easy to use.

Then it was onto racing so I chose Brands Hatch with the MINI (German one). On first sights the graphics are very last gen imo and reminded me of some PS2 titles, I think the GT3/4 may even look better than this. Looks aside, I started on Novice and done the qualifying with a rolling start and qualified 1st. Done the race and won with a full section in front of the chasing car, so time to try semi pro.

Semi Pro, again finished 1st in qualifying, then to the race, come off a few times so found myself in the middle of the pack and instantly memories of the early ToCa's come back as I battled through the grid to regain my position, this is when I started to enjoy it. I had a good battle all the way round the three laps with the top 4 cars but I seemed to regain 1st quite easily and if I knew the track well and hadn't come off, it would, again, have been an easy finish.

So after two races I am enjoying it, can see me going onto pro level soon when I get used to all the tracks and move away from the on track racing line being turned on. Shame there is only Brands Hatch and no Donny' or Silverstone but DLC may fill that gap. Just a shame they didn't polish the graphics and get nearer to the level we know set by the likes of PGR and FM2. But I'm enjoying it, still yet to find out how XBL holds up with 12 in a room and how the whole Online feature works. But so far so good.

Shame about the visuals as it does take away from the game . I bought it this morning and I'll have a go on it later. What you say about the memory of TOCA sounds good though, I was so into those games. I anticipate being very bad at this game if Forza is anything to go by, but we will see.

Well after being a right geek and trekking around the West Midlands at 12 midnight last night I finally managed to grab a copy just after 1am and was playing it by 1:30am and started off bad I mean bad .... although to be fair I went straight into pro so you gotta give me some credit :cheeky:.

I'm not impressed graphicswise infact I think the graphics are crap at best but its the gameplay that makes you forget about the graphics plus you get used to them so its not that bad.

Overall a very good game, I have already learned that you can't recover from your brakes locking up i.e. you heading for the wall and the AI is bloody hard but I guess its all part of the fun.

Now I just want some online action :D ....

Game is great! It has it's issues and the first few career races are easy even on Pro but now I'm onto the more powerful Radicals and Formula BMW's it seems the AI are out to get me now and it's fun as hell!

Had a wee gander at the online and I love the lobby system, unfortunately ranked and player have an issue that they are working on but private seems to be working well from what I hear. After a few more career races I'll be well up for some on track action, even if it's just doing laps round a track. lol

Rather like Baldred when I first played this game I was "meh". However having played for a few hours now its growing on me, the pro difficulty in particular. Yea so the graphics are... by 360 standards on the poor side and there are a few odd sound glitches but the racing is addictive.

From what I hear..I don't want it now :(

Same thought, wonder why they keep pushing back the demo eh..?

Still waiting on a demo before putting any cash into it, as I have heard the physics are not what they are made out to be. First hand experience is a must.

Is it as good or better than Forza 2?
Tracks, Physics and Racing yes. Online will be once it's sorted out also. FM2 is a good game, RACE Pro is a great racer!

You got to spend a bit of time to discover it's true quality and the first few races are really easy so don't judge it until you get to the races where you are driving the higher powered Radicals and Formula BMW's. Then the GT Club afterwards is just brutal, those people who think this game doesn't handle correctly haven't been there yet! :cheeky: :shocked:

Unfortunately I can see this game getting as much attention as MC:LA did and thats not alot. Was really hoping for more from what I heard but it just hasn't delivered.

The physics are good but imo that isn't enough, seems like a half hearted attempt if you ask me. The novice and semi pro mode are well to easy and then pro goes to the other extreme and being to hard. Theres not enough tracks, all tracks only have one variant, which is very disappointing and makes me feel we will get done over on DLC. You have to change the weather yourself, instead of it being random, which is annoying. The sounds are also a bit below par aswell.

They seem to have missed little things, doesn't seem as complete as some of the old ToCa's nor does it live up to being a next gen title considering what the rest of the competition look like.

It is a good game physics and car tuning wise but they seemed to have put all the time and effort into that and the rest just seems like "that'll do" attitude which is a shame, if I'm honest I think it needed a bit more time before being released. Still gonna do online with others but don't know how long I'll last on the championship/career mode.

Unfortunately I can see this game getting as much attention as MC:LA did and thats not alot. Was really hoping for more from what I heard but it just hasn't delivered.

The physics are good but imo that isn't enough, seems like a half hearted attempt if you ask me. The novice and semi pro mode are well to easy and then pro goes to the other extreme and being to hard. Theres not enough tracks, all tracks only have one variant, which is very disappointing and makes me feel we will get done over on DLC. You have to change the weather yourself, instead of it being random, which is annoying. The sounds are also a bit below par aswell.

They seem to have missed little things, doesn't seem as complete as some of the old ToCa's nor does it live up to being a next gen title considering what the rest of the competition look like.

It is a good game physics and car tuning wise but they seemed to have put all the time and effort into that and the rest just seems like "that'll do" attitude which is a shame, if I'm honest I think it needed a bit more time before being released. Still gonna do on-line with others but don't know how long I'll last on the championship/career mode.

I'm with you there Nodz, there is just so much that could have been better. I'm not a fan of circuit racers, but I enjoy Forza 2 and PGR4 but this just isn't my cup of tea. In fact I hate it.

Thing is it's a sim, it's not meant to appeal to everyone even though it can what with the assists and stuff. I agree the game should look better and it should be more polished but I have to also admit from being the old gameplay greater than graphics crowd and that is why I am playing this still after 6+ hours and ditched GRID after 30mins.

Thing is it's a sim, it's not meant to appeal to everyone even though it can what with the assists and stuff. I agree the game should look better and it should be more polished but I have to also admit from being the old gameplay greater than graphics crowd and that is why I am playing this still after 6+ hours and ditched GRID after 30mins.

Yeah that i can understand, it's meant for the hardcore simulator fans. It doesn't appeal to everyone, so i will leave it, maybe go back to it later on see how i like it. It's all about choice and differing opinions which is what makes the gaming world individual taste. These post may put people off, but please people reading this, don't let them, as it's all about choice.

Been playing it again this afternoon. It really isn't a bad game at all. Not to everyones tastes I'm sure but that doesn't make it a poor effort.

One thing that does make me laugh, why everytime when you cross the finishline and the AI retakes control of your car do they weave so viciously? Often resulting in them spinning the car, not a cool end lol.

It's because some racing drivers weave when they win. Even to the point of crashing before they have crossed the finish line. Normally shown on outtake TV shows.

It's attention to detail or bad AI programming depends how you look at it. :)

It's the same on the PC version, but sometimes fun to spin the car across the line and see the AI struggle to get the car back on the track. :D