We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited 2 - Early Concept Art/Ingame Screens (not Official) [!UPDATE #5 2009-07-18]

Eudemon

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all this is my first post =) Hi all and sorry for my bad English =)

I didn't read the whole thread but I noticed something in pictures. Everybody says that this is TDU2, but look at the map picture. This is the same map as in TDU. I Think they are working on an new package like Mega Pack. Because all the cars are the same in TDU2. TDU2 has only a few differences. Like weather, licenses, fuel gauge, menu theme, showroom differences and off-road. Look at the city or game graphics? Still the same as TDU...

Well, in a strange way, I'm hoping it is an "expansion" for TDU1, primarily because TDU works. You see all of these new released games. They very seldom work first time.

Plus, with it (hoping to be) an expansion, it means the game shouldn't be £35+

Although...Those who don't have TDU1 are pretty stuck. So yeah. Perhaps it won't be an expansion...Ignore everything I've said ;)

Well, in a strange way, I'm hoping it is an "expansion" for TDU1, primarily because TDU works. You see all of these new released games. They very seldom work first time.

In the spring of '07 TDU was a new game (on PC) and the amount of posts on official Atari site about TDU not working, wanting their money back, offending and insulting notes to Atari was enormous.

I see the same thing happens to GTA4 and many other new games. In both cases the moaning gradually decreases and eventually almost stops.

IMO the major reason for this (besides poor optimizartions and other issues) is relatively small amount of users actually owns the appropriate specifications for running the new game at the time they r out, especially graphically stunning games like TDU or GTA4. I have no reason to believe that it will be different with TDU2 or whatever they call it.

Honestly - I wouldn't care too much if TDU2 costs twice as much as TDU - you know I'm still going to buy it (assuming it doesn't suck) :) Wait, maybe I shouldn't've said that

Can you you join 3 words with 2 apostrophe's like that???

Wait, maybe I shouldn't've said that

Can you you join 3 words with 2 apostrophe's like that???

when it comes to a word like that you only use an apostrophe for the last instance, the way you spelled it would have been will needed to be be shouldnt've

but I dont think that's an actual word so you should write 'shouldn't have'

yes i'm bored :p:cool:

Ummm, on update #3 is it just me or does the map look like its the same location as TDU 1 :confused: it better not be :mad:

It looks like it, but hopefully it will be more detailed with more roads and cars etc. Plus there is off-roading so when you get the game you'll forget all about it being the same island. Well, I will anyway.

Picture

Is it just me, or did anyone else think of "Jurassic Park" when they first looked at that picture?

Actually it reminds me of Lost... because that's where they actually film it :lol:... in fact in the middle of that valley is where the Barracks are (if you watch the show you'd know what I'm talking about). It would be cool if they added some Lost Easter Eggs on the Island.

im not really digging the license thing tho, its kinda like in grand turismo but worst because u are limited to the cars u can buy...

I think they are trying to address a problem some people had with the game which is there was no motivation to play it. There was nothing pushing you to progress. The people who enjoyed the game were more likely the people who had a lot of self-motivation to complete everything or those who just liked to free-ride.

I think they are trying to address a problem some people had with the game which is there was no motivation to play it. There was nothing pushing you to progress. The people who enjoyed the game were more likely the people who had a lot of self-motivation to complete everything or those who just liked to free-ride.

So in order to get people who didn't like the game to buy the next version they decided to punish the ones who did like the game? One of the things that I liked most about TDU was the fact that there really were no limits on what cars you could buy other than if you had the money or not. Dealers don't ask you for a license that matches the car in order to buy it in real life, so why should they do it in game? I would be for the driving schools if they were just to make you a better driver or even to open up more races, but if you have to pass a test to buy a car, I may end up avoiding the next Test Drive.

I agree with CobraDBlade.

I think that having a certain License as a prerequisite to buying a certain car would detract from the experience of reality, as was stated, "Dealers don't ask you for a license that matches the car in order to buy it in real life, so why should they do it in game?"

I agree with CobraDBlade.

I think that having a certain License as a prerequisite to buying a certain car would detract from the experience of reality, as was stated, "Dealers don't ask you for a license that matches the car in order to buy it in real life, so why should they do it in game?"

It's a game, not real life, I think licenses will make the game more fun.

I think we should be able to buy whatever car we want, when we want it. The licenses are good for races, but not for purchasing, it means people that don't have much free time will suffer when all there mates are driving the higher license cars. Bad move in my opinion.