We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited 2 - Early Concept Art/Ingame Screens (not Official) [!UPDATE #5 2009-07-18]

Eudemon

This might be interesting, it was posted on the german TDU.Gameprophets.com website.

http://tdu.gameprophets.com/news,id413.html

Very interesting is the update, the first two lines:

Die Redakteure des Spielemagazins PCGames sollen erfahren haben, dass demnächst in Lyon ein Event zu TDU2 stattfinden soll. Dort sollen dann die ersten Informationen zum Spiel genannt werden.

The editors of the gamemagazine PCGames say that in Lyon an event will be held where TDU2 will be the key subject. During this event, the first information about the game will be unveiled.

So ehm... anybody in lyon soon? :P

^ Posted on the North American Atari Forums by HDM, what do you guys think?:)

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could be, might be worth making some calls and such and seeing what can be found out.

I'll tell you something also, the last 3 weeks has seen an explosion in people searching for TDU2, Test Drive Highlife and Test Drive Unlimited 2. Just watch the views of this thread to see what I mean.

• 2 weeks later...

ooh very nice work there Diablo, you never fail to amaze me.

I like the look of the new looking graphics engine, but not too keen on the buggies, and maybe the dirrtbbikes. But cars and off road 4x4... SWEET

I have seen a random video on YT which porbably isnt offifial, but it looks like TDU2 in progress. Seems to have better graphcis (there was no scenery) and a different driving engine completely. Kind of like GRID with that odd camera movement, if it is, that will be a let down, because i liked the kind of static camers TDU has, nice and relaxing without jerky camera movements.:cheeky:

the water still needs fixing...

but i've seen a MUCH bigger problem.

Look at the gumpert... is it just me or is that hill... SMOOTH? I can't see a single kink in teh road... surely this isn't TDU2, just more aspirational concept art :P

"The challenge comes to life with the most expansive and comprehensive multiplayer offering on the console and the ultimate refinement of the core Test Drive driving experience. All-new race types, vehicle classes, environmental challenges, locations and much more push this epic franchise to new levels of performance and luxury."

environmental challenges = offroad??

• 2 weeks later...
maybe the cents are the same kind of thing as coupons in TDU.

Look at the screen shots... The language is French. They use the euro, where each Euro is made up of 1000 cents.

[/economics lesson]

[edit]

Hmmm, missing 20 odd pages. Now I feel a gimp. lol

A euro is thousand cents? I'd say you take a new economy teacher or stay awake a bit more, one Euro is 100 eurocents. Not 1000.

Btw, what I noticed recently was that those old shots with the showroom,driving school etc, everything is french, except the words at the buttons.

Yeah, but you can't order it like you can on Amazon. :nuts: Also, Amazon states the release date as December 31, 2010 - please disregard that, as that just means third quarter 2010 (or second half 2010), because there's no official release date.

http://www.amazon.com/Test-Drive-Unlimited-2-Pc/dp/B002I0JNK8/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1269517130&sr=8-3

^Link to PC version, don't go crazy and order it without looking console players. :cheeky:

-Leadfoot

upgrades

I thought I was the only one think they should make a game with features such as headlights on/park light, Fog lights(if any are equipped on the vehicle)sunroof open/convertible, wipers off/on, indicators, DRL(Daytime driving lights). Realistic driving is what your consumers want so lets get it. We want everyday commuter cars for example 93 honda accord. I am looking forward for this game. :thumbsup: