We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Anyone have a Smart ForTwo? Worth getting one?

iBilo

i sat in one the surprizingly roomy but your feet are where the engine is sposed to be

i got a funny story to tell about my dads transpot truck and a smart car

ok my dad was going down the highway and the was a big snow drift on the road and when u got a full load u cant stop so u go right thought it and their was a WHITE smart car stuck in it so u couldn't see it so while my dad went thought the drift all he could see was a little smart car on the side of him. The Moral of this story dont buy a smart car at least not a white one in the dead of winter

I suppose I should have said more.

Just to say, I'm only going to be using it to go to school (6-7 miles), doing short journeys (e.g going for a small drive, going to pick up things) and maybe the odd long journey.

I really don't give a crap what people think, its my decision not their's and I live my own life, its cheaper in the long run, 85 miles to the gallon and insurance group 2 is cheaper for me and my parents paying it. Plus I've seen more men with smarts then girls.

If I didn't get a Smart I would look at a Fiat 500 because they just look awesome and they have very good ratings.

Hey guys,I just want to know if any of you guys have one on here, if you do could you tell me if its worth buying and what are the pros and cons?

Cheers. :)

I really don't give a crap what people think, its my decision not their's and I live my own life.

ummm... riiight. :confused: Contradiction.... YOU HAZ IT!

Why dont you go for a Smart Roadster? It has almost the same features as the fortwo, but probably better handeling.

I wouldn't get insured as a 17 year old just passing my driving test. Or the insurance would be very high.

Just after I got my licence all I drove for about 4 months was a battered 1975 Land Rover Series 3 SWB. Now that was safe, mainly because people just got the hell out of your way when they saw it coming! Also much more manly than a Smart. :lol:

And yes, I did drive it in urban areas sometimes, people gave me lots of room when they saw me driving over curbs without even thinking twice (It had a shocking turning circle, in some car parks I just had to do that rather than try jamming the monster into reverse).

The insurance on it was cheap too. Third party fire & theft, in the middle of nowhere, about £150 a year! That was with NFU Mutual (NFU = National Farmer's Union, was insured as an agricultural vehicle, lol).

So yeah, get an old Land Rover!

Hell, a Smart makes even my Punto look manly...

I don't trust anything that doesn't run on diesel and/or have a PTO on the back, lol.