We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Eden Games to use Gamr7' Ürban PAD in new Garden game engine

Eudemon

In the middle of last month the Eden Games website announced that they were working on a new proprietary engine called Garden. Well it appears that they have also been looking around for other tools and software to integrate into and with Garden and one of the first is Ürban PAD by Gamr7.

Source: http://www.gamr7.com/eden_news.php

Lyon, France – 30th April, 2009:

Gamr7 and Eden Games today announced that they have started a co-development to integrate the next version of Ürban PAD, Gamr7’s flagship procedural city creation software into the Eden’s Garden pipeline. The Garden pipeline will be used for massively multiplayer online games on current and upcoming consoles.

Check the source to read the full release...

Source: http://www.gamr7.com/eden_news.php

Well if its going to be huge buildings and new traffic system including more cars, the more CPU it takes. And texture loading, f.ex, TDU2 is going to have a massive amounts of traffic cars and buildings and stuff like that, it would eat your CPU, really. see FSX, if you set the traffic on, it eats the CPU :D Its all laggy, well for me. And the loading in FSX is damn long.

Just saying.

It would be awesome though, with all those new buildings, if the they come. I have a feeling that TDU2 is going to be good. *dreams*

*wipes up drool xW*

O hai!

I'm hoping all of Hawaii with gigantic, fictional bridges connecting all the islands. :D

Still, should be interesting to see how different it really is going to be.

it would be awesome to add underwater tunnels(covered with glass) to get to other islands. Make it the future of Hawaii.... it's gonna be fun as hell.

:monkeydance:

it would be awesome to add underwater tunnels(covered with glass) to get to other islands. Make it the future of Hawaii.... it's gonna be fun as hell.

:monkeydance:

That's a sweet idea! It would be kind of like what was on the old NFS Hot Pursuit III track Aquatica!

That's a sweet idea! It would be kind of like what was on the old NFS Hot Pursuit III track Aquatica!

I remember that track! It had some very fitting music to it in either III or IV, I can't remember which one :D

Anyways I really do hope that the psychics and suff will be more realistic with this engine, TDU right now is not very much in either Arcade or HC mode :/

• 2 months later...

Sorry... but I disagree, we don't need it to be made up, stick with what we have or maybe create a "world". So you guys know the game Fueltm?

Well, the game has over 1,000sq miles of roads, farms, city's, moutains, forests.... this is what we need in TDU!!!!

Also, I hope the graphics engine give's it more of a "real" effect.

So from this: http://img.qj.net/uploads/articles_module2/78734/tdu_qjpreviewth.jpg

To this: http://www.thedailydl.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/colin_mcrae_dirt_10-475x297.jpg

:thumbsup:

Now that WOULD be cool!!!

Also I hope it fixes the skid marks, the harder you brake or the more wheel spin the darker the skid mark, so a little lock up would make a light skid mark where as steeding off the start line wheel spin would be fully black on the tarmac! :cheeky:

Cheers,

RD

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

How did I miss this piece of news? I suppose this means Eden may have scrapped the beta stuff we've seen of TDU2 and is going to be able to create a better looking open world from scratch (whether it be Hawaii or somewhere else) using this new engine. Since this announcement was quite recent I'm not sure if we'll even see TDU2 at next year's E3. I guess it depends on whether or not they scrapped the whole game engine or only the environment engine.

Sorry... but I disagree, we don't need it to be made up, stick with what we have or maybe create a "world". So you guys know the game Fueltm?

Well, the game has over 1,000sq miles of roads, farms, city's, moutains, forests.... this is what we need in TDU!!!!

Also, I hope the graphics engine give's it more of a "real" effect.

So from this: http://img.qj.net/uploads/articles_module2/78734/tdu_qjpreviewth.jpg

To this: http://www.thedailydl.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/colin_mcrae_dirt_10-475x297.jpg

:thumbsup:

Now that WOULD be cool!!!

Also I hope it fixes the skid marks, the harder you brake or the more wheel spin the darker the skid mark, so a little lock up would make a light skid mark where as steeding off the start line wheel spin would be fully black on the tarmac! :cheeky:

Cheers,

RD

Skidmarks are entirely independent of the makeup of the environment, thats something they could've done even with a patch to TDU1.

I don't think the Colin McRae shot looks more realistic, it looks more fantasy. The problems that TDU1 did have relating to the environment were the look of the grass (a little too 2D), environment pop in, and general low polygons in the environment.