We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Volvo - The Game

Some of you (Reaper, i'm looking at you) may know that the Volvo - The Game has been released today. A small number of you might have played it already (i'm looking at you again reaper =D)

This thread is basically to talk about the game, what you think of the game, any compliments and any complaints so i better start us off

Positives

--------

Brilliant Graphics

Semi Realistic driving engine

Negatives

---------

No Damage engine

2 tracks, only, why cant there be 5 or more!!

small choice of cars! why cant i race the SUVs!!

the options menus are HORRIBLE! i tried to enter the control settings to set up my wheel, 5 mins of looking at a black screen then when it finally loaded, it didnt respond at all so i had to force close the game.

Competition, you have to register and then they say 'an activation email has been sent'....WHAT EMAIL!?

post away with your comments =)

Guest turbo lag

I was coming first on the leaderboards online...for 5mins. Graphics aren't brilliant, graphics, if anything is just on par with GTR Evo, which is actually pretty rubbish compared to the 'next gen racers'. Not putting GTR Evo down though because of that, it's still one of my favourite games bar the graphics.

FMR, you do get an email. Check your Junk folder, that's where I found my email.

i know its not gonna be full to the brim but it could have at least had a couple more tracks!

and my comments about no damage engine...SCRAP THEM! i was racing the C30, accidentally pressed Page Up and my view changed to drive by cam mode and i had lost my front splitter + bonnet so there is minor damage engine but nothing structural

Guest turbo lag

Jeez guys, stop the complaining. Like others have said, it's free. When do you get a free game with 5 cars? When do you get a free game with 2 tracks? When do you get a free game with pretty decent physics? The list goes on.

only ONE rear wheel drive and that is dam near impossible to drive off the line in pro mode without spinning

Then don't play in Pro Mode. What's wrong with a little spinning anyway? You choose Pro Mode because you're confident with handling the car with no help. Go back and play the easier modes then gradually build up to Pro Mode and you'll get the hang of it.

The cars might handle a bit better than what they're supposed to aswell. Especially the S60 Concept, it sounds too good to be true (literally). It's a promotional game. Volvo paid SimBin to create this, I'm pretty sure they'll bump it a tiny bit anyway. But do I care? No. Personally the only car I bother to drive is the 240 in Pro Mode, and I'm having an absolute ball.

Guest turbo lag

Yes but apparently there's a law which states that new game content cannot be converted to old games until a year has passed, so converting it to Evo would 'technically' be illegal, even though I'm sure some people must have already done it.

Guest turbo lag
A law? lol

Simbin has said that they are fine with us porting stuff from their games to their games, as long as it stays with their games

Yeah a law. Heard it over at NoGrip and it looks like some of the people there confirmed it.