We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU2 Unofficial Car List

Who

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah because Ferrari was in TDU and of course we had the F50, F456GT, F355, F348 and F250 SWB. See it's thinking like that that shows the kids of today really are as smart as people say. :)[/quote

It's just like putting the ferrari enzo but not the ferrari 599 gtb.<<makes no sense to me at all. do you get where i am going with this?

My post was about making sense of things. So Your telling me that just because the one -77 is in the game that we won't see the rapide, are you kidding me.Adding The rapide makes more sense than a buggatti right about now.

Liscenses vary depending on the company. Some companies will only give you certain models, where as others give you whatever you like. Lamborghini falls into the latter, Porsche and BMW do not.

I don't know why, but sometimes they do not feel that some cars should be in certain games, so they won't give you access to those cars. That used to be an issue in the past, whether it's still around, it could be, just less common.

Why? I don't know, but it wouldn't be the first time to see this issue.

Liscenses vary depending on the company. Some companies will only give you certain models, where as others give you whatever you like. Lamborghini falls into the latter, Porsche and BMW do not.

I don't know why, but sometimes they do not feel that some cars should be in certain games, so they won't give you access to those cars. That used to be an issue in the past, whether it's still around, it could be, just less common.

Why? I don't know, but it wouldn't be the first time to see this issue.

I totally understand what you and the others are saying but it really makes no sense not to try and have most of the aston martins in the game it's not like theirs a bunch to choose from anyways with one -77 being exclusive. like i said all i am trying to do is try to make sense of it all. Now about the car licensing it's all about the money so anything is possible nothing is restricted and the new grand tourismo will demonstrate this.

Just because you have the license doesn't mean you should spend a month crafting the car model, take hundreds of pictures to make sure the detail is spot on, and then put the car on a dyno to get the power figures and take sound recording...

it's not like having the rights means the company said: 'here, have a pre-made 3D model, we've taken the liberty of attaching sounds, power rating, environmental details (such as damage and weather effects on teh car) for you, go knock yourself out.'

not to mention the time constraints, you also need the storage constraints...

as for the GT5 reference:

A) It's about 4 years late

B) I haven't met a single person who has said 'oooh, 30 skylines, exactly what I always wanted, heaven forbid having to have only 10 of them...

I totally understand what you and the others are saying but it really makes no sense not to try and have most of the aston martins in the game it's not like theirs a bunch to choose from anyways with one -77 being exclusive. like i said all i am trying to do is try to make sense of it all. Now about the car licensing it's all about the money so anything is possible nothing is restricted and the new grand tourismo will demonstrate this.

Well, I'd run on the edge and say that if the one-77 is in, we can assumeall the Astons sold today except for the V8 Vantage would be in, except that would be a bad assumption. We can make the assumption, simply because their most exclusive vehicle has been added, so the rest should be no problem. But it's a wrong way of thinking, that's really what D's point was.

I see your point as well, but it's never just ONE factor either.

Factor 1: All the money went to gain the rights of the one-77, since Aston Martin raised licensing fees with the inclusion of this car. Eden may not have been able to afford it all, so they cut what they felt might not be useful in the game.

Factor 2: If the Aston Martin contract was made, the Rapide may not even be included in it, it only JUST became a Production vehicle. Thus, it may not be in the contract at all. This could be for company laws or whatever, or Atari got to them first. Who knows. Ditto for the V12 Vantage if Aston Martin didn't give them the (originally) Euro-only vehicle.

Factor 3: Duplicity is another reason some cars may not be seen. Mercedes-Benz is NOTORIOUS for having cars that over lap. CLS and E class for instance. The CLS may be put in because it's sportier than the E class, so developers and the company decided to cut the E class. Another example would be the DBS and DB9. They are very similar, and for Atari, it may have been a better alternative to just have the DBS this time instead of both.

Factor 3 is the least likely to happen in a game like this, unless it's coupe/convert debates, and even then, doubt it. But it's still possible to happen, so they could make room for other vehicles.

So, we can assume they'll be in, but we could be entirely wrong as well. That's all it really comes down to.

The problem is we're arguing Aston Martin here, it is a company that it's pretty possible for all the cars to come in (except the Cygnet) as they are all part of the life style. We can't guarantee all the cars, but they're all possible.

Switch the argument to Mercedes-Benz and it makes much more sense to argue it. The GL, R and GLK may not be in because they don't fit the image as well as the ML and G do. S might be in because it does fit the image, but it may not be sporty enough, but the SL and CLS are..etc..

That's probably the one, Inuit was just what the pre-order described it as. It's not going to be anything special, but it'll probably be classed as a seperate car anyway, because a pre-order bonus isn't exactly going to be just a colour option...

That's probably the one, Inuit was just what the pre-order described it as. It's not going to be anything special, but it'll probably be classed as a seperate car anyway, because a pre-order bonus isn't exactly going to be just a colour option...
Did you see the interior?I can't think of any suvs with wood lined cargo space.I would think of it as what the overfinch holland & holland is to the range rover supercharged.

Read the TDU Manual. In the license it actually says, in print, that the license for the Lamborghini LM002 is there. Do you see it in game? No. There's more than getting a car from License to Modelled than signing a document with a car company... I mean, if they have the right to Aston Martin, and modelling a car takes no effort or space at all, then surely they should add every car Aston ever made, I mean I'm sure some one would want the '76 Aston Martin Lagonda...

Read the TDU Manual. In the license it actually says, in print, that the license for the Lamborghini LM002 is there. Do you see it in game? No. There's more than getting a car from License to Modelled than signing a document with a car company... I mean, if they have the right to Aston Martin, and modelling a car takes no effort or space at all, then surely they should add every car Aston ever made, I mean I'm sure some one would want the '76 Aston Martin Lagonda...

It would be nice to add the aston martin '76 lagonda but the game wouldn't be as popular if it contained more oldies than new. See where i am going with this!.... So it makes more sense to get most <<< of the new and add oldies later. thats my take on that. now on to the next subject .

i am one of the first ones to play tdu1 i reserved my tdu 1 copy i remember alot of things like seeing pictures of the lamborghini LP640 on the tdu web site this was at the beginning but it never made it. just like the LM002. Nobody really knows why these cars never made it to the game their were actual pictures of the LP640 modeled already in the dealer ship in game and then the pictures vanished so we really can't say!... Thats my take on that and i forgot they did have the 599 gtb in there as well which went missing aswell shortly after released.

Nice seeing the pre-order cars, but i'll wait for the UK ones to come threw....see if Game or Gamestation offer anything! I'm not a fan of buying games online!:(

But the the car's are nothing really 'wow', the Astons maybe, but in the end the Carbon edtions are really just the normal car with a few carbon bits and a new set of rims! And there nopt really for cars i'd want.....so i'm happy not having bragging rights!

How did I miss that? o.O

By looking to the right down corner, I recognize that head of a preview vid I watched, where he mentioned TDU2 (no new info though). They made that video with a nice song at the TDU2 footage part: The Dream with Fast Car.