We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU2 Unofficial Car List

Who

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because it isn't the official carlist.

Also because the source of the leak had no permission to release it, and if we allow it to be shown then, like with the beta videos, then it's breaking teh trust of the publishers etc.

The source is of http://www.gameswelt.de and there is an article

of test drive unlimited 2. So i think he has permission.:D

Seing the car list on the German website, seems like its just a case of "Ok, Cars that have been confermed, and some random ones and some from TDU2"...as the VW Beetle, 2CV.....The current beetle is a Mk4 Golf under the body and the 2CV? I was in the files for TDU if i rember but thats about it!

On the other hand, it does have the Sagaris but no Tuscan...and the Evoras missing along with a few others from screenshots!

Why do you think it's okay to repost something that had been deleted on several occasions?.

And that car list is not in any way official. Do you really think that Eden would take a step back from TDU1 and put in less cars? :rolleyes:

The list they gave isn't the list with all the cars in TDU2 if you read

the article.

Hm, well that's very disappointing, I thought it would be a very exclusive vehicle with lots of performance for its class, now it turns out to be a sluggish Beetle, lol?

It wouldn't work with some cars, for example after finding the wrecks of 10x 458 Italias you still would only have a pile of ash and no chance of making a car :p

Maybe that might fit, however to me it's a bit like Fuel's failing Vista-point system. You have to scavenge a lot and reach places by passing gradients where you go 100 feet up in 20 feet horizontal distance, only to find something that's not as rewarding as you'd expect.

This for me only gets strengthened by the fact the cars were said to be exclusive and not obtainable any other way, leaning dangerously close to the clubcars. That's why I get negative about hearing the ''exclusive unobtainable vehicle'' turns out to be a slow Beetle. Sure it's a nice icon, and I always get a small smile on my face when I see one in perfect condition, but it's just far from what I expected.

Eden could have also used their creativity, or let a gamestudio like Synetic help them for those 2 exclusive cars (Synetic is making a huge amount of GTA-ish knock-offs for their AfC 11 series), by letting them design 2 non-existing vehicles. This also would come closer to a suggestion I did earlier that it would be fun to see Eden come up with an own conceptcar like EA did with El Niño and La Niña.

Quit Slagging off the original Beetle! As heres a litt fact:

To everyone moneing about no Porsche on the game, The Original Beetle was Designed by Ferdinand Porsche, The founder of the Porsche that we all love(or love to hate depending on your view). The Original Porsches, the 356 being the First Porsche, which was used the beetle as a starting point! It only really had more power and a slightly diffrent body!(rear engined, Rear-wheel drive thay both are!)

Though i'd mention that! Also the Original Beetle would be nice for me, we just need to get the Original Mini & Fiat 500 and we have the Iconic cars for France, Germany, UK and Italy!:D Slow they maybe, but it'll be somthing fuynny in the game!

Or they will be 'Sleeper' cars, They look like the originals but Atari have given them Some stupid stats....like 170Mph Top speed and 0-60 in 4 seconds?

But i'll admit, for a car for finding the wreaks, Somthing along the lines of a Caterham would have worked? Take parts from the diffrent cars to make a kit-car?

I don't care about the Beetle's origin, the Mercedes T80 was also designed by one of the Porsches if I'm right but that also wouldn't count as Porsche and nobody would ever want that thing in any game. Fact remains, despite the popularity of the car, it's slow, and as I said not really the exclusive appealing thing I'd want to scavenge 10 wrecks for. The story behind the car changes nothing to that for me :p