We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

StrickenHAWK?

i finally got to making pictures of the car and here is the little sausage

its a 2002 Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCI ST-Edition with a overboosted turbo.

because the turbo was over boosted i can do 199kph (124MPH) even though originally these cars only do 195kph (121MPH) when new and it already has 267.000 (166.875 Miles) km on the clock

so you could say it now delivers about 145BHP.

and doing almost 200kph in a car which weighs almost 1600Kgs isnt bad at all :D

http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/pp224/fashad/effdb8d7.jpg

http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/pp224/fashad/9aa4515e.jpg

http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/pp224/fashad/09fcef8b.jpg

http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/pp224/fashad/586a16ac.jpg

Here you can ride a moped or anything under 50cc (I believe) just on L plates/with a provisional license(one you just pay for) So anyone can drive under a 50cc here, whats it like you guys on either side of the UK?

It's the same up here in Scotland! :D

Amount of times I've though of getting a 'hairdryer' to just muck around on! A friend had(she still has actually) but now drives a Matiz! :D (Which i've had the fun of thrashing it on a Deeside road! lol)

Nice Mondeos! :D I used to drive the edition be four that style, Loved it!

Here is a new law that only recently has taken effect (since this June) that you can drive a 50cc moped if you're 15 and take similar tests to a driving licence to get a moped driving licence.

Before that (for example, when I got mine) it was just that you had to pay and then answer a few tens of questions correctly to get a licence.

mondeo's were the best fords ever, good cars, reliable too.

i know and to be honest i really like the way this thing drives.

and since the front is lowered on my Mondeo its even better.

but the wheels are easy to get damaged though but look nice

mondeo's were the best fords ever, good cars, reliable too.

I agree, but not for the Current ones!

My dad got one for a Curtsey car(a tractor ran over the 406 we had) and when ever you reached 70MPH, the car would just stop running! And this was a car that had less than 100Miles on it when we go it! The Garage said nothing was wrong(as with all new cars, plug a laptop in and if it says "ok" nothings wrong). We got our own back though....we got a replacement(a Renualt Megane, with less than 100 miles on it), we were also going to Cornwall for our Holidays the same week for 2 weeks! No better way to add 3000+ miles to it! :D

It could pass 70, just when it did the engine just cut out! lol

I hate computers, and all the plastic's in front of the engine when you lift the bonnet!

Of course its so you take it to the dealership to get sorted, and if the plastic's gone or looks like its been tampered with, they just say "sorry, can't touch it". BMW have got it so you can't even see the dip-stick, let alone change the oil! Has to be done at the dealer!

Thats why i like most Pre-2000's cars! You can actually see and get to the parts!

I do like that shape of Mondeo. My uncle had a 2007 2.0 TDCI Edge (130BHP) as a company car, he ragged that thing around like Hell, but it put up with it. Suspension started to go towards the end though, got a bit too wallowy in the corners so my uncle wasn't as eager to throw it around. 130,000 miles in three years before he got made redundant from his job.

I wouldn't mind an ST220 myself :p

speakin of car fails, saw 2 really embarrasing car fails on the road this week

One involved a brand new Fiat doblo, and today a 2008 Peugeot Partner or 2007 something like that

The Doblo just stalled when he stopped at the redlight, then it wouldnt start, and kept just wobbling and stalling start stall start stall, guy was always turnin his key, only way to go forward to clear the road, car wouldnt really start, just crank, and then balance to the front, stall, crank front, stall.

The partner simply stalled out of nothing, while stopping, then refused to start, had to get clear of the road just by letting it go backwards, was on an inclined road....lol embarrassing much for almost brand new vehicles, specialyl the fiat doblo!

nice what engine do you have in there?

and for some reason i kinda prefer the station Mondeo because its 4,9 meters long :D

AND mine is for sale right now :D

2.0 on petrol. Around 150bhp or something. Hit 210 on the autobahn, should do 194 according to the manual, but hé, i don't care :lol:

2.0 on petrol. Around 150bhp or something. Hit 210 on the autobahn, should do 194 according to the manual, but hé, i don't care :lol:

how come you car is officially more powerfull then mine but slower according to the manual

but in real life the power difference is about 5BHP so how come you go that much faster?

how much does you Mondeo weigh?

It does 194 of real speed, which is not the one that you see on speedometer. :lol:

Example, a Corsa 1.0 does 150km/h of real speed, but speedometer mark 200km/h, and i have seen it reach 170km/h... lol

#donebeingcarnerd

speakin of car fails, saw 2 really embarrasing car fails on the road this week

One involved a brand new Fiat doblo, and today a 2008 Peugeot Partner or 2007 something like that

The Doblo just stalled when he stopped at the redlight, then it wouldnt start, and kept just wobbling and stalling start stall start stall, guy was always turnin his key, only way to go forward to clear the road, car wouldnt really start, just crank, and then balance to the front, stall, crank front, stall.

The partner simply stalled out of nothing, while stopping, then refused to start, had to get clear of the road just by letting it go backwards, was on an inclined road....lol embarrassing much for almost brand new vehicles, specialyl the fiat doblo!

That can easily be explained. Both cars have age enough to ran out of battery, by pure lack of care by owners or responsibles for the cars, causing the not start thing. You can let a manual car stall by pure lack of experience or even a mistake.

In some cars you have to have it in first gear for the engine to start, perhaps they had it in neutral or something else. Similar to how you have to have Auto's in P or N to start the engine.

Manual? Hell no... if you do, the car sure will jump and stall. :lol: Never ever try turn on a manual car with the first gear on. Unless you are pressing the clutch.

how come you car is officially more powerfull then mine but slower according to the manual

but in real life the power difference is about 5BHP so how come you go that much faster?

how much does you Mondeo weigh?

Dunno. :lol:

I don't have a clue really.