We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

StrickenHAWK?

;465061']Ah, the world of stance. :cheeky: Have you considered spacers, or do your other wheels (what were they, Rotas?) have a wide enough offset to sit flush with the fender?

-Leadfoot

Haven't got those rota's anymore, but I have money saved and as soon as a pair of black slipstreams come up I'm having them, if I don't find any before the show season I'll buy a set new. *Cha-Ching!*

Big update from me :D

Last weekend my brother and I:

Painted both my grills, the SX Seca rear spoiler (3 pieces) which was originally Teal in colour, and my headlight casings. I also removed the trim from the sides.

I've had these wheels for a few months now, but 2 of the 4 tyres were pretty much bald, and I just havent had the money to get replacements. Til today. Tyre specs on the rear are 195/50/15, but unfortunately there wasnt a matching pair of the same size, so we got 185/55/15 for the fronts. Not all that noticeable tbh.

7022769611_1840acbde6_b.jpg

7022763091_6917051a7e_b.jpg

6876652092_8da4ff18c6_b.jpg

6876643802_b502576c0f_b.jpg

7022742011_4853d9c33b_b.jpg

7022737907_bce9486784_b.jpg

7013549207_d93c97d87e_b.jpg

7022750083_32c9c55e0a_b.jpg

The typical stance shot. As you can see, my car does not do 'stance', its more like 'Y0 LOOK HOW TALL I AM!'

Lower suspension is planned for next month (if all goes to plan), and i'll be looking into camber bolts and spacers once its been dropped. :)

Guest MrLolololXD
Nothing wront with Rota's. Idiots hate on them but they are brilliant wheels looking at price/quality.

You seem to have missed all the hype on the internet about Rota wheels being notoriously dodgy? Not to mention I personally know 2 people that have owned Rota wheels that have failed... 1 a race/track car that the spokes 'twisted' on and another a street car where the centre part of the rim shattered causing a LOT of damage to the car...

Why not? :evil: I like them.

They do look good even if they are mostly copies of more expensive wheels, it's just the build quality.

Although they did supposedly change the manufacturing process in 2009, I know I'm not willing to give them a try after seeing first-hand the damage they can cause under stress and I'm not the only one. But I suppose they would be okay for average daily driving, just don't go putting them through their paces

At the end of the day if rota's are that much of a pain to everyone I can always just buy the original wheels, i.e desmond regameister evos or spoon *insert long number here* wheels, more jdm points that way...

...speaking of jdm points, installed my jdm type r pop-out cup holders :)

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj61/DanG323/Civic%20EM1%20Coupe/IMAG0160.jpg

Guest MrLolololXD

Well at the end of the day it's your choice, don't let me put you off, they may have gotten better, Mb's friends seem to have had more luck.

Maybe they just send the dodgy ones over here? lol

What are you on about now? :oook:

And BAM! It really needs a wash but that was the last day of summer so I think I'll wait till the crap weather has gone.

J8Whw.jpg

YMEf4.jpg

That thing really grips around proper country roads. I was surprised by how much better than the Mazda it felt around the fast corners.

Well, I don't drive them, but I have driven both at least once and you know what I drive anyway. One's been brought back to life after many years with a new engine and one is a trouble-some newbie. Pretty sure you can guess which is which.

My step-dads Land Rover Series 2, completely stripped down and built back up with new original parts where necessary. Plus and a 'new' engine, a 200TDI from a Discovery and custom straight-through exhaust. Just needs a respray in its original colour, which is the green seen on most of it. It'll mainly be used for off-roading, as it should be:

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x104/GTAMADDOG/IMG_0161.jpg

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x104/GTAMADDOG/IMG_0160.jpg

The one you may have read about in the "Bad Day" thread, a 2002 Renault Scenic 1.9dCi 'Privilege'. Crap pictures. I somehow managed to set the alarm off without going near it, lol:

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x104/GTAMADDOG/IMG_0171.jpg

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x104/GTAMADDOG/IMG_0173.jpg

And just to balance it out, here's one of mine next to the Skoda:

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x104/GTAMADDOG/IMG_0185.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got it to 30mpg but successfully lowered it again in one day of driving.

I just wish there was a button on the dash that turned TC off instead of having to go through the trip computer menu everytime. The OK buttons on the right are for the trip computer and the ones on the left are for the centre console one.

9ZNRQ.jpg

I'll get some more of the rest of the interior if I remember.

Yea, there are quite a few but you get used to them quickly.

The OK and arrow buttons are for the two screens. The buttons at the bottom right are for changing the song or radio station, taking calls and starting the voice control system. The ones on the left are for cruise control.

It's much better than taking your eyes off the road to look at the centre console to do those things.

I also found out the other day that you can connect phones and stream music to the car as well. The controls on the wheel can even change the song that's laying on my phone which is pretty handy. Don't even have to connect them either, the car scans for my phone so as soon as I get in it, all I have to do is press play.