We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

StrickenHAWK?

Apu nahasapeemapetilon, since you have a bmw, what opinion do you have of BMW service?

probably ours needs to go in..awesome..

After 1000km...a stupid annoying rattle, apparently on the dash, cant quite figure..I just hate rattles..Do they loan good cars, or small engine petrol cars?

Sigh... And are BMW mechanics good? Or will the car return with 500 rattles? Just asking since you have also got a BMW, and have had for longer than me.

EDIT: Never mind, we had taken everything out of the car, and it still rattled, so we thought it was the car, but we have found the culprit, something we didn't actually expect to be it. The "Via verde" module

http://www.luzholidays.com/pt/wp-content/images/via-verde.jpg

It's sticked to the windshield, to pay for highway tolls on the go, instead of having to stop and pay the cashier :p

Need to buy new sticky glue for it.

All this talk about MPG and such, it's dull. Yeah it's good and all but Driving should be fun! Were at an age where it'll get more and more expensive to just "have a drive". Enjoy it while we can, our kid's sadly wont be able to if things keep up as it is!

Reason why I like older cars with hardly any technology, a CD player is enough for me. :nods: Also less to go wrong with it, an engine is easy to fix, where's electrics are a bugger to sort!

I got a 'night vision' kit for my car yesterday, really helped as I drive into the rush hour traffic(other way of them) so have no traffic, but have ton's of headlights to dazzle me! For £1 it's a good investment! :D

And here's said night vision kit.

Heh, here fortunately for public safety they are much more expensive, but unfortunately people are not civilized, they only slow down near police, or radars.

If you are over the speed limit, for less than 20km/h it ranges from 60-300€

21-40km/h: 120-600€

41-60km/h: 300-1.300€

over 60km/h: 500-2.500€

Only 41<Euro symbol> for a speeding ticket? My dad had to pay £60 for doing 35 in a 30. :fp:

Both are still very harsh though. :hmmm:

My dad got 3 points for doing 35 in a 30... at 5am. :fp2:

---------- Post added at 6:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 6:22 PM ----------

Heh, here fortunately for public safety they are much more expensive, but unfortunately people are not civilized, they only slow down near police, or radars.

If you are over the speed limit, for less than 20km/h it ranges from 60-300€

21-40km/h: 120-600€

41-60km/h: 300-1.300€

over 60km/h: 500-2.500€

Lol I saw a guy on TV here getting caught doing 99mph in a 70 zone - he got a £60 fine :p

Guest MrLolololXD

If you do 1 over the limit here you go to jail and have your car crushed.

If you do 3 over, your whole family faces the death penalty.

:nods:

If it was busy or there were other people around then sure. But on empty roads or at quiet times they should have some leeway with it.

Yeah I understand that a bit but I also think it's probably the time where people are a lot less careful with how they cross the road as they won't expect a car to be there or whatever.

I'm all for the speed limit being 'time sensitive' but atm it isn't, so you can't really complain about tickets :p