We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Laptop or PC?

T1M

You decide. Laptop or PC?

For me it's hard, laptops are portable, but can be expensive and not as powerful as PCs. PCs are faster, can run games and are easier to mod, yet they are not as portable.

For uni people and buisness people, a laptop is probably better. For home use, it has to be a PC. :)

For me its both becouse you can't awnser that.

I have a little netbook which is great but with the heat coming off the small little thing you always feel its going to blow up or just crash (which it did a couple of weeks ago (hard drive)).

A PC is more reliable and while i don't game or upgrade it the bigger screen, keyboard and the ablilty to have it connected to my hifi amp for decent sound quility means its much better for home use.

PC for sure. I know this is gonna sound sad but I dunno what I'd do without it.

@ Barb, the PC is by far the best gaming platform (imo) :P

I can see why you would prefer a laptop though, when/if I go to uni it would be alot more practical, whereas having a half-decent gaming PC would not.

It all depends on each individual persons needs.

In my case, I don't need my computing to be portable. I'm anti-social enough as it is so having a laptop would make me even worse.

PCs are much better in my opinion. They cost less to upgrade and buy if you know where to look. They are easier to upgrade and customise. You can add many more peripherals to them and they actually run games at an acceptable standard. They are more comfortable to use and are less likely to overheat.

But I can see the advantages of laptops. Wireless access to the internet, easilly portable, most of them look pretty stylish and you can work on the move.

But my choice would definitely be the PC.

I don't game on my computer so a laptop is fine. I browse the internet, do stuff in Photoshop etc, all of which my laptop does with ease. I very much see the purpose of Desktops, but for me, it's a laptop.

Well, I use a gaming laptop (Dell 1730), which isn't the greatest computer for gaming but i've done pretty well the last couple of years. :)

However, within the near future I'll be getting both a PS3 and (hopefully) an Alienware desktop. So I guess I'll be in the same boat with Mellors. :p

I'll probably be making a thread on the desktop matter soon.

PC for me, I have more experience with them (over 7 years now), as for laptops only 3. Laptops have heating problems, as my laptop recently proved but they are very cheap now and can be a bargain. For Internet use only I would go for a laptop but for everyday use and storage, PC all the way. :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I would get a pc and then a cheap netbook for on the go instead of just getting a powerful laptop, You would have more power from the pc and more battery and portability from the netbook for less money than splashing out on a super high spec lappy. I currently only have my desktop but will hopefully be investing in a netbook soon.