We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Europe Vs North America

Jacob

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

man, tough choice. Vette may be quicker, but BMW has more seats so you can carry more friends (if you have any). Both motors are pretty much bullet proof. I've worked on both as well, and they are about equal to work on (BMW has lots more electronics though). The only thing about these cars that isn't equal is that I've been in the Corvette Assembly Plant in Bowling Green, KY (though some would argue that doesn't really count. maybe not for them but it does for me :D)

Long story short, I'd take the Vette.

I dunno.... I'd have to go for the Vette for showing off, but the M3 to drive every day. Primarily because BMW have released cars that look exactly the same as the M3 from a distance, and you can't really see that it's an M3 till you're pretty close. Whereas with a Vette, you'd instantly know it's a vette.

If I had to choose though... M3. It's European :p

I dunno.... I'd have to go for the Vette for showing off, but the M3 to drive every day. Primarily because BMW have released cars that look exactly the same as the M3 from a distance, and you can't really see that it's an M3 till you're pretty close. Whereas with a Vette, you'd instantly know it's a vette.

If I had to choose though... M3. It's European :p

Wrong. Take it this way : BMW 330i Sport/BMW M3 and Vette C6/Vette Z06. The difference between the first two is way bigger than between second two. Prove me wrong if you dare. :cheeky:

Wrong. Take it this way : BMW 330i Sport/BMW M3 and Vette C6/Vette Z06. The difference between the first two is way bigger than between second two. Prove me wrong if you dare.

I can tell the difference between a C6 and Z06 but that's probably because I'm a car nut.

To the layman, you hit the nail.

What Koni was saying is that the differences between a 3 series and an M3 is more distinct than the differences between a C6 and a Z06, with which I agree. He was talking about differences within the brand rather than across the board.

If we're talking about spotting something a long long way away and just knowing by physical shape that it's a sports car then of course the Vette is more obvious.

Since GM refuse to produce the Corvette in RHD it's power is limited by your visibility or trust in your passenger. I'm not against LHD cars in the UK if it's something special like a ZR-1, CGT etc but for a standard sports car it's kinda of a deal breaker... 911 Turbo please... oh... okay, M3 then.

You can't "tell the difference a M3 from a 3-series". It's "tell the difference between a M3 and a 3-series. Honestly... :rolleyes:

And actually (although I may be wrong), I think the Corvette has a very good chance of being faster than an M3, esp the Convertible, mainly because it weighs more than 1800kg :eek: