We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Where is Tutorial: How to lower your rides

Yus0f

Then TDUC sucks.. this is a forum place where you can learn something new on TDU... ACCEPT IT ADMINS!!

That may be so, but this is also a forum that does not accept hacks/ways of cheating online. As you may/may not know, lowering the car drastically increases speed and acceleration. Hence why it was deleted.

That may be so, but this is also a forum that does not accept hacks/ways of cheating online. As you may/may not know, lowering the car drastically increases speed and acceleration. Hence why it was deleted.

Then read again! There are many people play offline...And tool, shut up :)

As you may/may not know, lowering the car drastically increases speed and acceleration.
Are you sure about that ? As I haven't even tried this for now ...

and if it would be the case, that's annoying because a bunch of people (modders) are awaiting this feature... :(

Who cares about cheating when the leaderboards are cluttered with cheaters and Atari doesn't give a rat's ass about the game? Sorry for sounding aggressive but that's my take on this.

I fail to see how lowering a car's ride height (ingame) would have any effect on vehicle speed or acceleration.

There's quite a few car mods out there with the cars absolutely slammed to the ground, and they don't accelerate or go any faster on the top end than the car they were designed to replace.

The 1957 Chevy Belair Convertible is a prime example, that thing scrapes the bodywork on the ground, yet it's no faster than it's supposed to be.

Who cares about cheating when the leaderboards are cluttered with cheaters and Atari doesn't give a rat's ass about the game? Sorry for sounding aggressive but that's my take on this.

You got a point about leaderboards etc, alot of people if TDUC was to allow physics modding (Like top speed, acceleration etc) some people may start betting to race noobs who don't know about physics editing.

Example:

Physics edited Alfa GT VS a Noob Pontiac GTO

Many people (Like myself) don't like it when a little kid has a full tuned saleen S7 and asking you to race for money, Its sorta the same situation if someone was to physics edit cars and bet for money.

This man speaks the truth. He has a very good point. I'm noticing more people with this odd hack that makes traffic cars fly out of the way when they hit one. TDU is filled with hacks.

You got a point about leaderboards etc, alot of people if TDUC was to allow physics modding (Like top speed, acceleration etc) some people may start betting to race noobs who don't know about physics editing.

Example:

Physics edited Alfa GT VS a Noob Pontiac GTO

Many people (Like myself) don't like it when a little kid has a full tuned saleen S7 and asking you to race for money, Its sorta the same situation if someone was to physics edit cars and bet for money.

I rarely get challenged to duels by people with common sense anyways.

However, with the new patch and Modding Tools (which not everyone has to know about) you can drive a stage 3 Ferrari F40 and an AWD Saleen S7 which IMO fall into the same category as physics-modded cars.

Thing is, when we find a problem we tend to stop right at it instead of finding an ingenious workaround, which leads to banning everything. That's not healthy because with limited possibilities you'll invariably reduce interest in the game. For example, in GRID up to patch 1.2 you were allowed to use eBay cars online and those cars had an advantage over the regular ones. People found a way to edit the game files so that they could have super eBay cars. As a result Codemasters banned eBay cars from online play, without considering the fact they were the ones who included the eBay cars as an original feature of the game in the first place, a feature that rewarded the players who looked for them. And, despite the banning of eBay cars, people can still cheat with trainers and memory editors.

The main problem with banning physics editing is that people have already found a way to do it and it will be available to anyone who search for it. In the end, it penalises fair players who aren't aware of and/or don't know where to find these underground mods. However, I acknowledge that competitive online play may be at a serious risk if everyone has a different database file. This doesn't mean we have to reach a full stop on this matter!!! IMO it would be better if we could reach a middleterm. How we could do it is, however, a different discussion.

i´m with zpectre, the game is nearly four years old and every kiddy could use google and find the explanation plus 10 minute video-tutorial in 2 seconds.

the wall is teared down and atari or anybody else who earns the rights for TDU gives a .... about this.

every day five or six tdu-bored people will try this new possibilities and everybody who loses a race by those hacks will try to have a look at this on his own.

not my cup of tea, i play offline and i have too much to do atm to try this, but it is still an option and i think i´m not alone here.

I understand all of your points everyone has put forward. But at the end of the day, you will not find any hacks on this site.

As Zubi said, it's not hard to find them yourselves away from here. So get off you e-arse and go and find them yourself. And for Gods sake, stop moaning about it. We've told you time and time before that you will NOT find TDU hacks anywhere on TDU Central.

As a community we do not want to promote the use of hacks or cheats. We don't want to be known for that. What if Atari/Eden did actually decide to do something about people cheating and hacking their game and we supplied hacks? I don't think the 3,500 active members would be happy if we had to shut down because of a few people that demanded hacks for the game.

We've told you time and time before that you will NOT find TDU hacks anywhere on TDU Central.

Then what about the BNKFileditor and DJey's modding tools? They are on this site and make a fair bit of hacking with just a few mouseclicks.

Then what about the BNKFileditor and DJey's modding tools? They are on this site and make a fair bit of hacking with just a few mouseclicks.

There has been a discussion about Djeys modding tools in a private forum with all the staff and Djey. We came to the conclusion that the performance changes that can be made with Djeys tools are negligible. They can be used online without people being banned for it and.

The hacking which you are referring to could potentially get people banned from the Atari servers. If a member or lurker actually uses the hack that they found on here and it got them banned, they would most likely kick off on the forum and blame the staff for letting people do it.

Members or lurkers that don't speak good English could manage to follow the instructions on how t hack the game and they might not be aware that they could get banned for it.

And anyway, it's not as if we removed the hacks from the internet is it? No. You can still go and find them yourself elsewhere. I fail to see everyones problems about it. We've explained before as to why we won't allow hacks here. Yet some people persist in arguing with us and trying to get us to allow it.

On a side note, RX_37, change your sig so it doesn't break the forum rules. 500x130.

Like Mellors said, Modding Tools features have been discussed before publishing at TDU:C; if you read the roadmap, you'd know that some things won't be put if they provide unfair advantages.

Btw I have to update the roadmap concerning ride height. Bad news, it seems to have real effect on vehicle speed/cornering.