We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Your camera!

superhyper

1st of all;if this fits to Tech&gadgets better,please move it there.

2nd;if this thread is unnecessary,please do something about it.

Okay,I can clearly see people in TDU-C are intrested in photography. Now I'm way too intrested to know what all of you use to take your photos.

I will start.

I'm using a Nikon D60 that I got as a present. It's been a great camera and even though I'm only using 'medium' quality,the pics look fantastic!

Mostly I am using the regular lens (or whatever it's called in english) thing but I also like taking macro pictures with the lens that my uncle bought me.

Now it's your turn ;)

Well I started off with a crappy PaS which was a Richo Caplio RR120. It was fantastic for a first camera but the zoom just wasn't enough and the quality wasn't the best. I then moved to the Canon Powershot range as I was interested in the large zoom.

I firstly bought a Canon Powershot S1 IS then I later moved to an S3 IS where I purchased a polarising filter for it and since then I have not had a camera without a Polarising Filter as I just love the effect it makes!

Last year I thought I would step up and buy my first DSLR which is the one I currently have which is a Canon EOS 40D. I love it to bits and have two lenses for it, a Canon 17-85 IS USM and a Canon 50mm F1.8. The 50mm doesn't get used very often but I use the 17-85 all the time and would recommend it if anybody has a Canon DSLR and doesn't have one.

Now though, I am looking for a longer range lens and have looked at the Canon 70-200 F4 L USM (Sadly the non IS because the IS is £400 more). If I do get it, it will probably be for christmas but heres hoping. ;)

...and thats my camera lifestory. :p (Of course theres the crappy throw-away camera's and my phone camera but those don't count. :D)

First i had a Canon S40 Powershot which was from my dad, then couple of years later i got a Canon Ixus 60 from my parents. In 2008 i got myself a EOS 400D with the 18-55 kit-lense. Then a couple of months after that i bought a Canon EF-S 55-250 F4-5.6 IS and the BG-E3 (Battery Grip). And some montsh ago i bought a Canon EF 17-85 F4-5.6 IS to replace the 18-55.

That's it till now. Time to save up and buy a Canon 70-200 F2.8 IS in a couple of years.

Started with a Canon Powershot A520, which i used pretty much for 2 years, up till this year. Was sometimes interchanged with a Casio Exilim EX-V7, cos of better zoom and video capabilities

Since March I've been using a Canon Powershot G10 (birthday present), and i really love it, to the point that I don't see the point in getting a DSLR. Having said that though, I sometimes still use the school's DSLRs when covering school events

I first started with a Olympus mju 300, 3.2 megapix camera, about average for that age (6yo) but could take great pics occasionally.

After it got spoilt, my parents got a Canon Ixus 70 in 2007 to replace it and I absolutely loved it, (because its great macro mode).Still use it.

Last year my sister got a Canon 40D with the 18-55 and 55-250mm lenses ( was expecting a 450D or D60) and so far using it has been great, excellent picture quality and low light performance, good for covering sch events.

Thats all..

Alright, here comes the whole story about all the cameras I had:

Last year I bought a Sony Alpha-DSLR 200-kit...and thats about it.

I do have some extra things for it, like a Polarisation filter, 75-300mm Lens and a flasher.

And a box with other filters...like a Flare, Cloud, UV...stuff like that.

I actually never had a cam before this one.

So......

i startet back in 2002/03 when i got my first digicam!

It was the Sony Cybershot U it was the smallest cam ive seen so far but man...that was the hottest thing for about 2 years before all the compact camera thing started...everyone was jealous^^

then there was a long time without an camrea because the sony cam was broken so i did photos with my sony handy with 3.2mp which was not bad because it was the cybershot version...

then last year i bought myself a Casio Ex Z1200 Black and a Fujifilm Finepix S5700...

i had the canon about 2 months when i realised that DSLR is my thing so i sold the canon again =)

so here i am with my Finepix S5700 which isnt the best but as you can see from some of my pics i've postet here it isnt the worst =) (see PhOTW Entry^^)

now im selling my bike and the Finepix S5700 to get my a brandnew Canon EOS 500D! im so excited =)

now im selling my bike and the Finepix S5700 to get my a brandnew Canon EOS 500D! im so excited =)

Not picking on you or anything but I have seen you saying countless times you are getting a 500D. Why do you need the brand new one? Why not go for a 400 or 450D? Or even the 40D as you could probably get one for that price and it's a better camera only without the video function. ;)

Not picking on you or anything but I have seen you saying countless times you are getting a 500D. Why do you need the brand new one? Why not go for a 400 or 450D? Or even the 40D as you could probably get one for that price and it's a better camera only without the video function. ;)

because i NEED the video function..would've gone for the 450D or even the 1000D but without video...no...thats my problem =)

u know i had'nt the heart for selling my bike for a new camera but when youve got a nice car you really get lazy and so my bike just stands in the cellar for nothing :nanananana:

because i NEED the video function..would've gone for the 450D or even the 1000D but without video...no...thats my problem =)

u know i had'nt the heart for selling my bike for a new camera but when youve got a nice car you really get lazy and so my bike just stands in the cellar for nothing :nanananana:

Ah, fair enough. The 1080p video seems to be very good and hope your happy with your new camera when you get it. :)

I need some opinions on a camera because I'm thinking of getting a camera so I can let my dad use his own camera for once, lulbeans.

I can't actually remember how I came about finding this camera but still, Trusted Reviews seems to like it. I'm pretty clueless when it comes to camera lenses and all that stuff but I want to get into it all so I want a decent camera for the job.

ZOMG TEH CLICKEH

If that camera is a no-go then I would prefer a camera such as that one which allows HD video recording. To be honest I don't want an EOS 45038424D because I'm fed up of looking/reading/hearing about the things and they're pretty much out of my price range. Infact anything probably is until Christmas-ish time (but tomorrow is my birthday so wishful thinking ftw) but under £300 is nice.

You after a DSLR? £300 you won't find one with video, so I'll answer my own question and say no. I was looking at a Canon Powershot SX1 IS that did 1080p video but iirc it was about £380, possibly more. So I shelved the video and decided to get a DSLR. My Nikkon D60 cost me.. £374 I think..

The Panasonic looks like a decent all rounder on paper but I don't know anything about their Len's and Sensors so can't comment on whether it would give sublime image quality, although I would expect it to be better than half decent for the price.

You after a DSLR? £300 you won't find one with video, so I'll answer my own question and say no. I was looking at a Canon Powershot SX1 IS that did 1080p video but iirc it was about £380, possibly more. So I shelved the video and decided to get a DSLR. My Nikkon D60 cost me.. £374 I think..

The Panasonic looks like a decent all rounder on paper but I don't know anything about their Len's and Sensors so can't comment on whether it would give sublime image quality, although I would expect it to be better than half decent for the price.

I assumed DSLR was out of my price range. I've seen some people saying the FZ38 is "SLR-Like", not that it makes alot of difference. Well, I wouldn't know. The photos and video clips I've seen look pretty decent. A question looms over the exact video format it records in, if it's the same as my HD camcorder I don't want it. I'm not using a dodgy conversion program leaving loads of videos over My Documents.

My dad has a few lenses from an old Olympus SLR photo-film camera he has. Apparently they could fit if I buy an adaptor but that's more money again.

Still, the image quality can't be worse than our current digital camera which produces decent enough photographs, even after I've played with the settings to no end.