We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU Crazy Winter Edition 1.5B by Opelos_HUN

Opelos_HUN

There are alternatives to using HDR. One is the Bloom Mod. Its completely adjustable in the .ini file (open with notepad).

The effect looks fabulous with the winter mod once it's tweaked. you turn it off and on with "Shift-F12"

I have a monitor that uses "Splendid" imaging built into it and that seems to sweeten the look enough that HDR is never needed.

• Replies 585
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Start with downloading all files including 0. best way to do this is with the torrent but no file 0 included.Then make a new folder (name it tdu winter or whatever) Then open folder .z01 and extract the files.When all files have been extracted from .z01 it will ask you for .z02 then just locate it and blah blah.Then it SHOULD choose the next .z file auto then just wait untill all is done and ur ready to go :thumbsup: btw i tried your way at first and got the same problem:rolleyes:

tried it, same result :sulk: this can't be right, something's up....

Got an issue here, I had all the files TDU_Crazy_Winter_Edition_by_Opelos_HUN.zip to - z12, I've extracted the files without any problems I guess as it's taking up about 4.5 gbs . Replaced all the other things like fx hi res common world and all that however the game crashes just before the menu screen, any ideas?

Edit: nevermind got it working. Here's a tip don't put your backup files into the tdu folder :P

I have a similar problem.

Downloaded 0 - 12 and saved in the same directory, opened the first one with winrar and it returns the message 'the archive is corrupt'.(2882 times)

Re-downloaded all files and the same message appears. from the progress bar it seems to be FrontEnd and FX and areas up to 8-7-6-1.bnk, after that it seems to extract OK.

I don't have a program for the bit torrent but it appears I may have to go find one.

I have downloaded the third patch and extraction was perfect along with the light snowy roads, also perfect. Maybe the host for the 0-12 files is corrupted in some way?

I am going to try various methods and if I succeed will post back a result.

EDIT

Currently adding files 01-12 to the original archive to see if that will work.

RESULT- fail... down to my ineptitude this method doesn't work.

Checking the files that have extracted in the \Euro\Bnk\level\Hawaii folder shows two directories (area-8 and Area-9) and a Hawaii.bnk file I would guess this means that areas 0-7 are corrupt in some way. (or have been corrupted at download source)

EDIT 23

I have now tried this operation on a different PC and it fails in exactly the same way. I am therefore assuming the source is corrupt and not the end user ! No blame on anyone here and full credit to the OP for all his hard work, I'm off to try and find a clean source via bit torrent. Again, will post back results.

PS I am not a noob either as I have been programming computers since before they invented the PC....:o

Well i've downloaded the winter mod, but there is a bunch of Z01-Z12 files? How can I open them? Not working in WinRar.

well you guys have the TDU_Crazy_Winter_Edition_by_Opelos_HUN.zip ? you kind of need that file in order to extract them all , that one on torrent was corrupted so I've downloaded from here:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=I3KHANHJ

just put it next to those z files and extract .

Ozz, I have all the correct components but for some reason it keeps reporting corruption errors when unpacking, the bit torrent is currently quoting over a week to complete the download, which to be fair is a bit of a joke.

The megaupload site delivered all the files with no problems but those are the ones it won't unpack without error messages.

I will try the megadownload site again later just in case the files get pulled from a different mirror.

Oh for a friendly FTP site lol....

EDIT

torrent 100% complete but as Ozz said earlier you need the first file (0) from the megaupload site to get it started off. I will leave it to seed on my laptop for a while. Its the second torrent link that worked, the other one is at 99.7 % also as described by someone as an issue earlier.

Off to install it on the PC now. Of course it always helps to get the latest version of winrar BEFORE you start complaining of corrupt downloads etc...

I'll get me coat.

But I have and other problem!I downloaded some of the file and the name of them is TDU_Crazy_Winter_Edition_by_Opelos_HUN.z08 And this file .z08 I can't unrar it:confused::mad::mad: I did everything but I couldnt?Someone knows something??:sulk:

You need to have all the parts and extract them from the first file, then it would take on by itself.. ;)

I've downloaded via torrent and now i'm dealing with a problem all files are .z01 .z02 .z03 etc i've tried winrar, winzip, 7-zip, back4win and nothing none of them could extract. only winrar could open it but not extract.

Winzip asks for a file something sfx.

How can i extract these files?

Thanks

Sorry my english