We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Dredgy: TDU Performance Editor [Car Database 2.1 Released]

dredgy

• Replies 503
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I tried 2.0, and once I got it running (see above), it runs perfectly. Only major issue I've spotted so far is that if you go into Name Editor, it'll add "??" to the end of the car name (easily fixed with ModTools), and it may also remove cars from dealers periodically (also easily fixable).

Should all be working in the latest download.

There was a major bug in the dealership editor that removed your car from the dealership.

The Kawaski was no biggy, the cameras are just left blank. Updated in the latest carData.mdb.

Please REDOWNLOAD TDUPE 2.0. The dealership editor has been disabled until I have time to fix it.

The car vanishing from the dealership isn't really a "major bug", since it's temporary and easily fixable with the ModTools. "Major bugs" are permanently missing dealerships and completely irreparable corrupted databases, like ModTools 1.10.0 caused before 1.10.2 came out.

So, no big deal :)

Thanks for making 2.0, it works great from all testing I've done (besides the already-documented dealership issue).

Yayness!!

My ZX12R now has 186 hp muwa haha. If you take it to stage 3, it has 207hp, top speed 236mph. Now if I can just figure out why it can't be painted, even with BlingBling. This is an old problem, nothing to do with TDUPE, but still irritating.

Man, you gotta be careful adding downforce to bikes.... you could spontaneously assbust.

Thanks to Dredgy Claus!!!! I can't rep him again, so somebody rep him lol.

i have an big problem i used the editor for the mclaren F1 mod (ferrari F1) and want to change the downforce and an other thing can't remember how it called, but now if i go out of my house the car is in the middle of nowhere somewhere in the sea and i see red places and my map of TDU how did this happen ?

sry for bad english

Guest turbo lag

Dredgy you claim to need physics for the Veyron. I have half done physics, which includes all the numbers which you can pull straight off the internet, eg. gear ratios, torque, etc. However the variables that do not replicate real life figures I have not done, and will require some fine tuning. If you want these hit me up with a message.

i have an big problem i used the editor for the mclaren F1 mod (ferrari F1) and want to change the downforce and an other thing can't remember how it called, but now if i go out of my house the car is in the middle of nowhere somewhere in the sea and i see red places and my map of TDU how did this happen ?

sry for bad english

I did the same!!!:D but the bug was that I can't get into the races at all, BUT, reinstalling the game again and THEN, putting the Database folder (where the mod was) back just works like a charm!!!:excited:

I know that this is not the right place for posting this but, I have been trying to edit the McLaren F1 (Ferrari F1 mod) and have been so far unable to put the actual 18000rpm as an F1 would, instead the rpm revs until 9054rpm and at 64km/h as 1st gear and gets stuck until you change gears yourself!!:confused:

P.S. Does anyone know the actual gear ratio of the 7 speed gearbox of an F1 coz I think none exists in the internet (confidential i think), and if someone can help me make one please....:bow:

Dredgy you claim to need physics for the Veyron.

I've kind of given up on it. I've had tonnes of submissions and none meet my standards. A few I've received just stop (like hitting a brick wall) at 407kph, one did this in 6th and just stuck, but when I changed into 7th it got faster.

The most common problem though is that the Veyron has been elevated to sheer godlike status by Top Gear and whatnot. So I'm getting submissions for cars that turn as sharply as a Caterham and accelerate to 100kph in 2 seconds.

I've driven a Veyron on the streets (albeit extremely briefly) and more importantly, I drove one on the street circuit in Adelaide prior to some GT championship deally that my buddy set up for me. And trust me, the Veyron isn't such a pleasant sensation on the track, so I'll give some pointers:

• Acceleration is brutal, as you should all know by the 2.5s. However in the Australian heat there is rather a lot of lag and the car doesn't actually feel like it gets off the line much faster than my Camry. The professional driver said the same thing - the car was much slower off the line in Australia than the UK. As far as TDU is concerned - Hawaii is rather a warm environment and you would net be getting top acceleration out of a Veyron.
    • Cornering is (surprisingly) rather dodgy. The car is easy to drive but it is 4 wheel drive, produces a lot of downforce and it is heavy for a car of its type. If you've never seen a Veyron before. While the steering is quite sharp, it is weighted and the above factors cause a lot of understeer (or more accurately, a refusal to oversteer). It can not change direction like a flea.

Does anyone know exactly what "Steering Lock" does?

From what I can gather, the higher it is, the more likely the wheels will lock up.

As you may imagine 360 is impossible as that means the steering wheel making a full circle.

o.o What type of car have you got? All of mine can turn 360 degrees+ I'm fairly sure.

I know that this is not the right place for posting this but, I have been trying to edit the McLaren F1 (Ferrari F1 mod) and have been so far unable to put the actual 18000rpm as an F1 would, instead the rpm revs until 9054rpm and at 64km/h as 1st gear and gets stuck until you change gears yourself!!

I get this on the default Saleen when I launch with full throttle. When launching the car, wait till "GO!" has been said and just ease on the throttle. You may also need a gauge that goes higher than 10000RPM. Not an area I'm overally experienced with.

I've got one. It's based off of the Cien, even though all of the figures were changed. It handles like a tank, turning far more slowly than most A-class vehicles (I couldn't take a corner that the Saleen could take at the same speed), and it accelerates super quickly, as the Veyron should. It goes to 260mph+ instead of 253, but a more restrictive aero-limiter should remedy that. Dunno exactly how fast it accelerates - changing the "Acceleration" figure should be sufficient to adjust it properly. All in all, it's about on par with most upgraded A-class cars, and roughly equivalent to the upgraded Saleen S7 but AWD.

Righto, feel free to send it. Or wait till the physics section becomes available :p

Here it is. It's NOT finished, but it's pretty close. It was made mainly with the difficult handling in mind, and it goes from 0-60 in 2.44, which is pretty close but a little too quick. It also goes 260+, but again, I'm going to increase the aero-limiter.

It's made for the Cien, so no performance upgrades are taken into consideration. With upgrades it's likely that it would go 280+.

Also, it says V16 under engine, but that's because TDUPE wouldn't let me export with my custom W16 engine setting in ModTools - it would throw an error. Fix that under ModTools.

http://www.mediafire.com/?qn3hn5zqzvm

EDIT: Woops, I see what I did wrong in exporting the performance statistics. I'll have that fixed soon; in the meantime, copy the numbers out of the images if you want to try it. I've never used the import/export feature :oops:

From what I've seen, (I've been experimenting with the Kawasaki Z1000, changed it to a KZ1000r, done some tweaking), a bike with 0 Steering Lock just doesn't want to turn at all, so maybe it means the wheels "lock into" the curved trajectory that they are attempting to describe. Instead of "sliding out" of that curved line.

So far I've changed:

Top Speed: 318

Drive Type: FWD

Weight: 100kg

Brakes: Carbon-Ceramic vented discs

Brake HP: 127

Torque: 97

Engine Displacement: 501cc

Suspension Rate F: 80

Suspension Rate R: 70

Front Damper Rate: 90

Rear Damper rate:80

Acceleration:120

Graduation Ratio: 0.75

Graduation Speed: 120

Gearbox Inertia: 16

Engine Inertia: 10

Suspension: 100

Oversteer & Steering Sharpness: 94

Steering Lock: 25

Grip: 1500

Brakes: 404

Brake Balance: 80

Susp Length F: 150

Susp Length R: 160

Center of Gravity: 45

YAxis: 2

Handling: 125

Drag: 0.1133

Downforce: 0.5

Ride Height F: 100

Ride Height R: 100

Max Ride Height F: 190

Max Ride Height R: 130

Tires: Goodyear Eagle Fioranos

Ignition RPM: 2000

Thats all I can think of that I did. The bike handles weird, but you can basically turn as fast as you want. If you can get used to it, it would be sick.