We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

So, what did everyone get for Christmas?

hpluls

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I pretty disgusted at TR's post, you sound pretty bitter. I got a lot of money spent on me, and i spent a lot on everyone else, but when my flight was nearly cancelled, was i bothered that my presents were in england? Not at all, i just wanted to see my family.

Baldy, how many, if any, of those bulmers bottles are still left? :cheeky: And feel free to share the haribo :drool:

I pretty disgusted at TR's post, you sound pretty bitter.

Sorry but I have to agree here.

I did spend quite a bit on others and I got something back in return which wasn't unexpected. It's up to parents if they wish to spend a lot on their son's and daughter's and if they do then thats their choice. It doesn't mean that it's against the spirit of christmas or crap like that. :rolleyes:

Christmas is now about giving and recieving and seeing family members which they otherwise wouldn't see, no matter what the price of things are etc...

Yes it isnt much but lets be honest. Anyone who gets Consoles + Games and loads of other expensive crap are spoiled brats and they do not understand the spirit of Christmas.

As for the spirit of Christmas, it's only really if you are a Christian that you see it that way, which I didn't think you are.

Although, I have to admit you do have a point if you are solely talking about the spirit of christmas. Yes, it has been lost.

To be brutally honest, I haven't posted what I got because it just seems wrong. I don't know but it's like presents are all people care about. Nobody ever seems to think of those less fortunate than ourselves such as the poorer members of society and those that are just hanging on by a thread and/or severely ill.

I have to say though it's a very selfish society we live in.

Well, in my case I spent a bit more on presents for other people this year and I didn't even expect much, if anything, in return. I didn't ask for anything, not money, not clothes, not sweets, nothing at all.

In all fairness a big chunk of money came from my dad and also my mum's partner. I'd like to think of that was a way of them saying thank you because I have helped them out as much as possible over the last year with numerous things. I honestly feel guilty taking X-Amount of money from my dad and my mums partner, I would give it them back but they wont accept it back, for whatever reason.

Christmas definitly isn't what it used to be. Hell, I just love going to my nans every Christmas day because we all help out with the cooking of the Christmas dinner and we all have a laugh, I see my nan and grandad every week but I don't see other family members that often. I didn't even want to get up on Christmas day because it didn't feel like Christmas. It's become too consumer orientated rather than family orientated.

I don't know how to explain it well enough but TSS' (The Queens) post sums up my feelings pretty well.

I don't see how having money spent on you equates into you not understanding the spirit of christmas. What a truly, truly stupid thing to say. I would understand if somebody was complaining that they didn't get as much as they wanted, but to my understanding, that post was aimed at everybody who got expensive things bought for them, as if they were in control of how much they got bought for them.