We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

2011 Ford Focus Revealed; US and Euro unite

Eudemon

But imo it's far too americanised and pretty ugly! Look at that stupid grin and abysmal rear lights. They should have went more Euro than US in the design of the thing.

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/01/11/2011-ford-focus-unveiled-u-s-and-euro-models-finally-unite/

:ill:

It's funny as hell too, the americans love it and the euros and australians (they get the euro Focus) hate it from the comments on auto sites anyway.

I think it looks like a Kia :S Not a big fan of the front bumper, other than that it's "okay" looking, one big improvement is the sedan, it looks as if it was meant to be a sedan rather than a boot glued onto the rear.

And the interior is a bit too futuristic, i much prefer plain and simple.

Certainly too bling for anyone other than the Americans (we get the Euro Focus here too). Have you guys noticed that the American Focus has always looked a whole lot uglier than the Euro ones?

Mk1 Euro/International Focus:

99_FORD_FOCUS_ZETEC1.jpg

American Focus (not too different, thankfully)

2005_Ford_Focus_ZX4_SE.jpg

Mk2 Euro/International Focus

fordfocus2007.jpg

Ford_Focus_Facelift_3-dr.jpg

American Focus:

2009_ford_focus_SES_sedan.JPG

The saloon is actually a pretty striking piece of design. It's still far too fussy with its details like just about every post-Bangle car design, but what can you do? I looks much less post-modern than the new 5-series which has descended into bland-ness. The hatch looks like a toy Fiesta they made in China without consulting the car in the metal...

Not really, the whole world Focus is good in theory but when the result of it being put into practice is this thing which I'm sure most if not all of us can agree is very american in it's looks just will not work.

I really hope Ford Europe look at this and go; Wth is this thing? Guys get on it and make it look good. We have a reputation to uphold!

There are some parts I like a lot and some that are awful. For example, that fueling cap just next to the rear light, that looks awful. Rear lights themselves, awful, taken from a Kia/Hyundai mesh-up. They also went far too Fiesta-ish with the Focus. It's supposed to me more massive and noticable than a Fiesta.