We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

What Do Your Acquaintances Drive?

gingervette

There seems to be alot of interest lately in what everyone's teachers drive. So, it gave me the idea for this thread. The thread is basically what the title implies. Tell everyone about some of the more interesting cars that people around you drive.

You can post cars driven by the following:

Teachers

Peers from School

Coworkers

People from your Neighborhood

So get thinking and start posting!

For Me:

Teachers:

2009 Pontiac G8 GT

2006 Mercedes-Benz C280 sport

2008 lexus RX350

2010 Chevrolet Silverado LTZ

Peers from School:

2009 Mercedes-Benz SLK55 AMG

2009 Mercedes-Benz SLK300

2008 Infiniti Q56

2008 Cadillac Escalade Ultra

2009 Audi A4 2.0T

2004 Mercedes-Benz ML350

Coworkers:

1977 Pontiac Firebird "bluebird" Edition

1987 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 IROC-Z

1993 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

1995 Ford Mustang GT 5.0

Neighborhood:

2003 Chevrolet Corvette convertible "50th Anniversary" Edition

2008 BMW Z4 roadster

2009 BMW 330i coupe

2008 Volvo C70

ummm

GF's next door neighbour and thier family

sold the AMV8 for 2007-2008 997T

lambo gallardo

H2 hummer

bently GT i think

audi TT

and ummm

other people have

ford puma T reg ~98

fiesta Zetec S 2005

2002 Zetec S with puma 1.7 turbo engine

friends dad has an AMV8

neighbour has an evo 7

another friends dad has a 355 F1

my area (my postcode)

phantom

atleast 4 flying spurs

1 continental GT

2x S600's

atleast 3 Lexus LS 600H or whatever the biggest one is

and all of the above are owned by one rich property developer family

countless porsche 997's and 996's

some caymans

2 or 3 cayenes

impreza's

R33 near where my school is

golf GTI is common too, atleast 5 on my road

SOMETIMES a white 430 spyder with red interior and red roof

sometimes a 599

SL55 AMG

used to be a fordracing puma but idk what happened to it. was REAL nice though, dark blue with a whale tail

sierra cosworth

escourt cosworth

2003 focus RS (MK1)

some real nice late 80's polo GT4

couple people are building escourts, 1 guy has 2 MK1's and up the road another has one too.

guy near me had an E46 soft top M3 but sold it for a 03 ish RS4 estate in yellow

S8

there's also a craze round here of getting lupo's/polo's and A3's registered with UK plates but the plate is in the style of german plates with big, brash, deep dish BBS etc wheels and stone-chip covers over the bonnets, also seen a C30 T-5 with that on it.

similar cover style's to this http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a109/Williamsclio1/WilliamsFrontCover.jpg

gallardo spyder, the same guy has an M3, X5, traded his 360 spyder for the lambo, and his dad owns a XJR

bout all i can think of atm.

Teachers:

Porsche Cayenne [base]

The rest drive very crappy cars or something that isn't very special....

Peers from School:

Porsche 911 Carrera S 997

Maserati Quattroporte

Lotus Exige(Owner of the car left to college or university)

Chrysler 300C SRT8

BMW 6-Series

Ferrari F430 Spider(Rarely comes though, but I've seen it several times)

Neighborhood:

Hyundai Coupe/Tibouron/Tuscani(Whatever its called)

Audi A5 Coupe

Chrysler Crossfire SRT6 Coupe

I see some unusual cars in school from time to time, from a Rolls Royce Phantom to a 90's beat up Toyota....

Teachers:

Mercedes C something

BMW 540i

Peers from school: ( If you talking about friend-ish people)

95% of all cars in the parking lot are Lifted/Lowered 90's Silverado's/Sierra's

There's some nice ones...

Around town:

maybe a Genesis Coupe or two but thats usally the highest it goes besides the odd early 2000's corvette

the teachers i knew didnt have a lot of money and a car here is expensive since we pay bout 30% on the base price of a car so here a brand new BMW M5 touring would start at €166k. so no one i knew at school had a cool car or anything the most expensive one was a Audi A3 base model...

but in my neighbour hood you can find

2x 2008 porsche cayenne

2005 BMW M3 E46 convertible

2004 BMW X5 3.0D -my moms car-

2007 BMW 740i- my dads car-

some classics BMW can be found such as the 3.0 CSL and a the last nice car is a BMW M6 coupé

i know a lot of BMW but the rest are just a bunch of saab's and skoda octavia's

Teachers:

2008 Mercedes CL63 AMG

2009 BMW 650i

Neighborhood:

2008 Aston Martin DB9 Coupe

2008 VW Phaeton 4.2l

2007 Volvo XC90 (Neighbour used to own it but traded it in for the Phaeton.)

2006 Mazda RX8

1990 Rolls Royce Silver Spirit

1969 Jaguar E-Type Series 2

2008 Audi Q7

2008 Audi Q7 S-Line

2007 Land Rover Discovery

1995 Toyota Celica GT-Four

2008 Mercedes CLK 230

How about adding in friend's cars not at school etc...?

If I did that I would have :

Friend's cars:

Bugatti Type T37A Convertible (Genuine!)

Jaguar E-Type Series 1 Coupe

2005 TVR Sagaris

2000 Ford Racing Puma

2004 Ford Mustang 40th Anniversary

2008 Subaru Impreza Hatch 1.9

(In the process of building) Westfield *Unsure of model*

2003 Peugeot 206 (With a crap load of rally parts including transmission and rollcage etc...)

2009 Honda Civic Type R

2008 Ford Focus ST

2003 Lexus LS430

across the road...

2x MR2 *ferrari Fakes*

VR6 VW me likes lots :D

*ex* Boss:

Audi TT

Range Rover sport

Lambo Murci 05

a few more.... hes too rich the Tw@ xD

next door:

A5 sportsback 08

Jag xj 07

could go on.... but im vvvvv tired

Teachers

Fiat Coupe 24v

TVR Cebera

Peers from School

Rally Spec Nissan micra (trust me, it's terrifying)

People from your Neighborhood

2 Mid 90's Jaguar XJRs

Jaguar S-Class

Jaguar XKR8

Jaguar XK

A Pontiac Firebird (I drool at it alot when it's on the drive!)

yeah, we have alot of jags in my neck of the woods...

Co workers:

Toyota FJ Cruiser

Hummer H1 (i think he's ghey)

08 Mustang Bullitt

08 Mustang GT

Ford Explorer

Ford Experdition (x2)

Nissan Pathfinder (x2)

Nissan Armarda

Nissan Xterra (x2)

Infiniti FX35

Infiniti EX35

Toyota Landcruiser (lots of them. Common as muck)

Neighbours:

M6

R8 (4.2)

CLS AMG

loads of RR Sports

X5's quite a few too...

teachers :

911 (996) convertible

2x BMW 5er series new model

about 2-3 BMW 3 Series new model

err the new A4 as a limo and the new A4 as an avant both 3 litre machines...

thats probably about the nicer cars... but tbh, in germany cars are quite expensive, like 85k for a BMW 520d ...

friends:

my best friend has got a bentley continental gt

bmw 135i tii

porsche cayman s

a few golf 5s and 6s .. almost all of them are GTIs..

neighbourhood:

2x R8

3x Phaetons

1x Audi A8

1x BMW M5 Touring

about 5x normal BMW 5er series

1x Ferrari F430

1x Porsche Panamera

2x Porsche Cayenne S (and Turbo S)

a Range Rover Vogue

a maserati quattroporte ... now well thats about it... most people around my neighbour hood own 2 or more cars btw :) oh and 3 houses next to us lives Per Mertesacke from the German football team :D:D

Friend's cars:

Bugatti Type T37A Convertible (Genuine!)

Jaguar E-Type Series 1 Coupe

2005 TVR Sagaris

2000 Ford Racing Puma

2004 Ford Mustang 40th Anniversary

2008 Subaru Impreza Hatch 1.9

(In the process of building) Westfield *Unsure of model*

2003 Peugeot 206 (With a crap load of rally parts including transmission and rollcage etc...)

2009 Honda Civic Type R

2008 Ford Focus ST

2003 Lexus LS430

Wow Bugatti!! TVR Sagaris!!!

Whatz your friendz job that can make him afford this car!!!

Well cause I pay my employee's salary, I know full well they can't afford to be driving anything above say... a moped. (Just kidding somewhat, I think one of the managers has a Porsche)

Generally, I don't really pay attention to what people drive, so I kinda have to limit this list to people I see more than once a month. Which is:

a) My girlfriend - drives my Toyota Camry cause it's the only automatic I've got.

b) My childhood best friend and occasional business partner - Chevrolet Corvette Z06 - 2005 model I think, has a pretty dodgy right hand drive conversion.

c) My extremely wealthy good friend (he makes the Queensland Rich list) - 2007 Daihatsu Terios.

That last one is a bit of an in-joke between my circle of car knowledgeable friends. My good friend has a large collection of rare and expensive cars including a 911 of some sort and a Ferrari TestaRossa. He was also one of the first people to be approached about importing a Zonda in Australia. However his daily driver is the Terios.

Which is good for the rest of us because his car knowledge and business knowledge are both somewhat superior to everyone elses. So when he interrupts one of our conversations pointing out a mistake we've made or giving us advice the general response is "Shut up <random insult>, you drive a Terios". We also make many jokes about how it's engine is measured in mousepower etc.

Cars around the neigbourhood are varied. Everyone in my neighbourhood is loaded...but there closest Lamborghini or Ferrari dealership is 1000km away. Plus rich people are generally old. So as a result...everyone has a Mercedes. Or a BMW. Or a Lexus. Or an R8.

Seriously, there are about 100 people on this hill - it's a gated community - and not one person doesn't have one of the cars I mentioned above. There are 7 Audi R8's on the hill, around 20 M3s ,20 C class Mercs and the M Class is a pretty common school run vehicle here.

There's some guy I don't know too well - Peter Champion - he owns all of Peter Brock's private and race vehicles (he owns a Peter Brock Museum) as well as some million dollar super exclusive muscle car (Mustang of some sort I think) I haven't seen which he keeps locked up.

Well cause I pay my employee's salary, I know full well they can't afford to be driving anything above say... a moped. (Just kidding somewhat, I think one of the managers has a Porsche)

Generally, I don't really pay attention to what people drive, so I kinda have to limit this list to people I see more than once a month. Which is:

a) My girlfriend - drives my Toyota Camry cause it's the only automatic I've got.

b) My childhood best friend and occasional business partner - Chevrolet Corvette Z06 - 2005 model I think, has a pretty dodgy right hand drive conversion.

c) My extremely wealthy good friend (he makes the Queensland Rich list) - 2007 Daihatsu Terios.

That last one is a bit of an in-joke between my circle of car knowledgeable friends. My good friend has a large collection of rare and expensive cars including a 911 of some sort and a Ferrari TestaRossa. He was also one of the first people to be approached about importing a Zonda in Australia. However his daily driver is the Terios.

Which is good for the rest of us because his car knowledge and business knowledge are both somewhat superior to everyone elses. So when he interrupts one of our conversations pointing out a mistake we've made or giving us advice the general response is "Shut up <random insult>, you drive a Terios". We also make many jokes about how it's engine is measured in mousepower etc.

Cars around the neigbourhood are varied. Everyone in my neighbourhood is loaded...but there closest Lamborghini or Ferrari dealership is 1000km away. Plus rich people are generally old. So as a result...everyone has a Mercedes. Or a BMW. Or a Lexus. Or an R8.

Seriously, there are about 100 people on this hill - it's a gated community - and not one person doesn't have one of the cars I mentioned above. There are 7 Audi R8's on the hill, around 20 M3s ,20 C class Mercs and the M Class is a pretty common school run vehicle here.

There's some guy I don't know too well - Peter Champion - he owns all of Peter Brock's private and race vehicles (he owns a Peter Brock Museum) as well as some million dollar super exclusive muscle car (Mustang of some sort I think) I haven't seen which he keeps locked up.

tell me he has a peter brock cobra coupe replica

not the normal one, but the one he built and died in, the kam back one?!

Err, I'm not a huge racing fan or knowledgable about race cars, but I don't think so.

Thy're mostly commodores, a Lada and a a Ford Sierra.

His website:

http://www.championsbrockexperience.com.au/

ahhhh ok, cool, i'll have a gander, i was looking at http://www.jaylenosgarage.com last night, some real gems in that collection!

TBH tho, for him to have that daytona, he'd have to buy a new one or build a replica from a new model.

ever seen it after his fatal crash? horrific, even the steering wheel has ripped apart.

http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2006/09/11/brockcar_wideweb__470x364,0.jpg

:'(

http://images.drive.com.au/drive_images/Editorial/2006/09/26/26Brock2M_m.jpg

he was such a brilliant driver, atleast he was racing well into his 50's, shows he had petrol in his veins and couldn't get enough of racing, tell your friend, he's a good man for starting a personal collection :)

*EDIT*

just had a proper look, where in AUS is this place, i'll be sure to go there if i ever go to oz. i'll take my TDU club leader along too cause he's a huge brock fan

Yah sorry, don't know the guy that well. His yard is connected to mine so I've had him over for BBQ once but never really got around to discussing his cars, I was making fun of him for having a helipad on his roof.

i would be doing that too, if i was rich, my car collection would be so amazing.

i'd do a chris evans (a BBC radio DJ in this country) who has an 8 car garage, each slot for a ferrari from a diff time period, he never drives them, just has them on show and recently bought a testarossa for £14 million i believe.

Teachers:

Audi TT Cabriolet

Jaguar S-Type 3.0

Friends:

Dodge RAM

(If it's allowed) Kawasaki Ninja ZX-12R (Owned by the Bike Dealership salesguy)

(If it's allowed) Suzuki Hayabusa 1300R (Owned by the owner of the Bike Dealership)

Family:

Jaguar X-Type 2.2D Sovereign

Jaguar XKR

Ever so slightly tuned Pug 206

That's it :|