We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

2011 Koenigsegg Agera

cis4care

Dear Koenigsegg, please build a car with some purpose that people might want to own.

Regards.

Kaching!

Sure it looks good, but what's the point? A high power family car would be something that could generate much more interest, but alas it's not to be. Maybe one day....

In their defense they have cornered the market for building multiple cars for the same purpose. All the CC variants and this new "Agera" don't vary enough in performance for the number of them that there is.

They have got to now either go impressively faster than they already do, redesign the car (something with better downforce, maybe?), or do something revolutionary with alternate power sources.

Family saloon... lol, it'd be interesting.

The Veyron (no one mentioned it yet in a Koeni thread :lol:) with 2000+ different editions on the absolutely same base has been sold since 2002.

The Bugatti Veyron production started in 2006, its the concept that came in 2002.

Koenigsegg should go in the "Entry-Level" Supercar market, something like a 458, LP560, Nissan GT-R, 911 GT2 and Turbo competitor. McLaren did it, why not Koenigsegg? Either that or a Luxury GT car along the lines of the Maserati GranTursimo and Aston DB9.

Noo, Koenigsegg should stick to what they do best, crazy expensive supercars! Sure, a more "every day" car would sell well brining in more money, but Koenigsegg is more of a 'one off' company, like Pagani, they only make the Zonda and they stick with that. A new CC would be due in a few years of course, but this is fantastic for now. :)

Koenigsegg should go in the "Entry-Level" Supercar market, something like a 458, LP560, Nissan GT-R, 911 GT2 and Turbo competitor. McLaren did it, why not Koenigsegg? Either that or a Luxury GT car along the lines of the Maserati GranTursimo and Aston DB9.

You're just so missing the point. Do you know the origins of the company, the purpouse of all the cars? Koenigsegg was started by a man with petrol in his vains that will rather commit suicide than releasing a family car or a hybrid.

The CCXR for example, is one of the most optimized cars released in the last 10-15 years (after the Veyron of course). 1018 bhp, 0-300-0 record, even Stig couldn't handle it. It's meant to be wild and untamed.

I suggest you reading this. I see a lot of people are having trouble seeing the point of a Koenigsegg, which is fine by me. So when do you find the point in a Reventon or a Veyron or a Zonda R?

So what do you expect, something reasonable? Something for you and your family to go on a vacation or a road trip? Something that has 4 seats and 1000 bhp? A rival for the Bugatti Galiber? That I can assure you won't happen. It's all about pushing a signle car to the limit. Now they've improved the interior and hopefully the handling, the sky is the limit.

The Koeni is in a class of it's own, like it or not. Nothing that was ever made can get in it's class. It's not in Veyron's class obviously, but not far away from that. And don't forget that Koenigsegg isn't a company that's being given money from an automotive giant (such as VW for Bugatti).

Seriously, stop saying how pointless the car is. Lamborghini only makes supercars and nobody seems to be complaining about that.

You don't have to discuss it, if you don't like it, don't comment here. Geez...

People have different opinions, and should be able to express them...

On topic: I quite like it, maybe apart from that "hump" on the front. And I find it good that they focus on one car and are trying to make it perfect.

Koenigsegg are lucky in that they are a new company. They aren't steeped in heritage, which while many people hold that against them it also offers them an avenue to build what they wish with little opposition. They haven't been around long enough to establish themselves as a premier producer of any one type of vehicle, there is opportunity for them to define themselves as a result. They could build something radical and new, become a leader for the next generation.

It may sound mad and upset the purists but they have already proved their prowess with bio fuel, to take it further is not exaggerating.

Koeniggsegg need to find a direction in order to be taken seriously. Ferrari breed though their fantastic motor sport success. Lamborghini through the theater and the fantastic rags to riches story. What are Koenigsegg known for? What are they building towards? Copying everyone else won't get them recognised. If they play their cards right they could be a truly great company, and I believe that. Right now though? They're just another.

You don't have to discuss it, if you don't like it, don't comment here. Geez...

If we don't have to discuss it why are we here? A discussion doesn't contain only praise, if it did, it wouldn't be a discussion. Don't be offended, it's the car that everyone is debating, no one holds it against you for making the thread.

I suggest you reading this. I see a lot of people are having trouble seeing the point of a Koenigsegg, which is fine by me. So when do you find the point in a Reventon or a Veyron or a Zonda R?

So what do you expect, something reasonable? Something for you and your family to go on a vacation or a road trip? Something that has 4 seats and 1000 bhp? A rival for the Bugatti Galiber? That I can assure you won't happen. It's all about pushing a signle car to the limit. Now they've improved the interior and hopefully the handling, the sky is the limit.

First the Veyron has a Point, Its point is to be the fastest, Most expensive, most powerful production car in the world and I believe statistics show its achieved all of those points. So the Veyron does have a point.

Also about the 4 door Koenig, you are going to feel like SUCH a douche if they do come out with one lol

• 4 weeks later...

Koenigsegg launches Agera online configurator

agera-config.jpg

In a perfect world, we'd all be able to afford a Koenigsegg Agera. (Well, not everyone else, 'cause that'd ruin the fun, but each of us anyway.) Unfortunately, as we're all to well aware, this is not a perfect world. But at least the magic of the Internet can bring us closer to the high-performance beasts we admire from afar.

In this case, Koenigsegg has launched the online configurator for its new Agera supercar. The interface is simple, with few options to choose from, but prospective buyers and enthusiasts alike can tweak around to find their favorite combination of exterior color, rear wing, wheels and interior. Three spoilers, three rims, eleven shades and ten cabins gives you 990 combinations to mess around with, so follow the link and check it out for yourself.

Source

:headbang:

I can't believe people who "don't understand the point" of this car..How can they call themselves car lovers or petrol heads..? Because it means they don't understand the definition of "supercar".

And for those who say "they didn't change anything", go take a look at the evolution of the Zonda or the Veyron........

I think it looks fantastic and I love the fact that they didn't change the style too much.

Thanks KoenigseggBG for the configurator!

I love it, looks great and i do think it looks different. As for moving into a different market, that's just not what they're about. The car is very beautiful and it works, people buy them and feel the thrill of owning and driving a Koenigsegg.