We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited 2 Announced!!

Eudemon

WTFRU talking about? :oook:

it says:

Meteorological: 1 September – 30 November

Astronomical: Autumnal equinox (22-23 September) – Winter solstice (21–22 December)

look for urself http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autumn

The english description of season times on Wikipedia is explained in a more complicated way and it also depends where you live and which tradition you use.

In the Norwegian description it says:

Astronomiske årstider

Ut fra det som er forklart over om jordens bane rundt solen, og dersom vi definerer sommeren som den lyseste og varmeste årstiden og vinteren som den mørkeste og kaldeste, vil de astronomiske årstidene bli som følger:

• Vår. Fra ca. 5. februar til ca. 6. mai. (midtpunkt=vårjevndøgn=ca.21. mars)
  • Sommer. Fra ca. 7. mai til ca. 6. august. (midtpunkt=sommersolverv=ca.21. juni)
  • Høst. Fra ca. 7. august til ca. 16. november. (midtpunkt=høstjevndøgn=ca.23. september)
  • Vinter. Fra ca. 17. november til ca. 5. februar. (midtpunkt=vintersolverv=ca.22. desember)

Til enkelte formål deles også året inn i to deler, sommerhalvåret og vinterhalvåret. Den astronomiske inndeling vil da bli:

• Sommerhalvåret. Fra vårjevndøgn (ca.21. mars) til høstjevndøgn (ca. 23. september).
  • Vinterhalvåret. Fra høstjevndøgn til vårjevndøgn.

http://no.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%85rstid

English translation (Google Translator):

Astronomical seasons

From what is explained above about the Earth's orbit around the sun, and if we define summer as the lightest and warmest time of year and winter as the darkest and coldest, the astronomical seasons will be as follows:

* Spring. From approx. 5. February to approx. 6. May. (midpoint = equinox = ca.21. March)

* Summer. From approx. 7. May to approx. 6. August. (midpoint = summer = ca.21. June)

* Autumn. From approx. 7. August to approx. 16. November. (midpoint = autumn equinox = ca.23. September)

* Winter. From approx. 17. November to approx. 5. February. (midpoint = winter solstice = ca.22. December)

For some purposes the year is divided into two parts, summer and winter. The astronomical section will then be:

* During the summer months. From the spring equinox (ca.21. March) to autumn equinox (around September 23).

* Winter season. From the autumn equinox to spring equinox.

-----------

EDIT:

Meteorological (Translated from Wikipedia.no):

* Winter = december, january, february

* Spring = march, april, may

* Summer = june, july, august

* Autumn = september, october, november

Half-year season (Translated from Wikipedia.no):

* Summer half-year from ca. 16. april to ca. 17. october.

* Winter half-year from ca. 18. october to ca. 15. april.

It doesn't say which solar term/tradition we use but it says this is what most uses exept from some tropical and subtropical zones.

Tropical zones are places where non of the 12 months sinks below +18 °C (average through the month). Tropical areas are around equator.

Subtropical zones are places where the warmest month never goes below +20 °C and the winter is mild and does not last for long. Subtropical areas are: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/44/Subtropics.png

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Release date(s) Q4 2010. so when does Q4 starts and when does it ends?So we may guess the release date

December to Feb? is the 4th quarter if you go with seasons but as in months its Oct to Dec....So a safe bet would be as it mentions 2010 OCT to DEC just in time for a Christmas release!!!!!!!

Thats my therory?

Not necessarily, they clearly have been working on TDU2 a while and are possibly doing a Forza but in the good way as in actually giving themselves time to get what needs done, done. :D

Of course delays can happen also so who knows! At least it won't be GT5-esque.

The most important part is they get done what needs to be. I don't want another TDU with missing stuff, like cars and references to features in the files that were not used by the game. Hell the worst part was the digital dashboards not working...kinda kills the vibe...

So Atari, Eden, take your time to bring us a better TDU and a car game like we all want (enough of NFS and other circuit racing games)!

The price vary's alot from country to country. The average price for a game in Sweden is 399 SEK. In Norway it is usually 599 NOK (724.91 SEK/101.32 USD) in physical stores.

Prices are often calculated after average income. In countries where their incomes are pretty low I doubt TDU2 will hit the stores for an price at 100 USD. So, it basicly means that when I buy the game, my wallet wount feel more empty then for an guy who lives elsewhere. There are ofcourse some exceptions.

Keep tabs on the Gamereactor network of sites, info and news seems to appear and then be gone almost as quickly.

So far spotted is:

* Co-op mode where a driver and navigator must complete a course within some kind of limitation.

* Co-op through the game as a team

* The island is based on a 2.5x to scale Ibiza or an Ibiza to the scale 2.5x that of O'ahu.

Umm that's it thus far.

* The island is based on a 2.5x to scale Ibiza or an Ibiza to the scale 2.5x that of O'ahu..

oh dear...that's the stupidest idea for the game scenography I've ever heard of. Enlarged real island? What's the story?

The Cheaf:- I love Ibiza, it have to be Ibiza and that's final!

Developers, through the facepalms: -But Ibiza is too small!!

The Cheaf: - So what, we gonna blow it up! Now go to work, u ignorant morons!

:headbang2::fp::wait:

oh dear...that's the stupidest idea for the game scenography I've ever heard of. Enlarged real island? What's the story?
Not really if done well, I mean if it's easy for them to add roads, cities and such and then add more off-road environment giving them somewhat a creative freedom to create their own personal Ibiza then I'm all for it.

And why judge so hastily, do you know this idea will not work as they may have planned and are in the process of doing so or are you just jumping the gun!

Also whose to say that the Island will not only be based on Ibiza and include over inspiration from other coastal regions and such, we don't know anything and won't know until we're shown.

Seasons are different in Australia:
Good point!

This is great news, cant wait for this now its been confirmed lol lol. And its even better news that its coming for the Playstation 3. Well this is on my list of must have games, hope we will see some BMW's and my favorite the Evo ;)

You know, I've been thinking (uh oh) and I've been wondering, does this news feel sort of surreal to anyone else? I know that for me it is still a little difficult, albeit exciting, to think that TDU2 is coming out after all these years.

Maybe it was the fact that I saw it first in the morning two minutes before I had to go to school, but I know how you feel. I sort of glided through the day thinking not so much about the game itself (or my normal thoughts about upcoming games, EXACTLY what I will do when it comes out, including every click - will I go past the logos? Or not?), but more about the fact that the news came so quickly and quietly after three years of waiting.

:)

-Leadfoot

You know, I've been thinking (uh oh) and I've been wondering, does this news feel sort of surreal to anyone else? I know that for me it is still a little difficult, albeit exciting, to think that TDU2 is coming out after all these years.

lol lol same here, i had to check on a few other sites before it sunk in that is was real lol lol.

* Co-op mode where a driver and navigator must complete a course within some kind of limitation.

* Co-op through the game as a team

If that turns out to be true - that would mean I have to find a fast buddy to team up with before someone else get's them... :)

Leadfoot already asked me, and he's pretty quick, so I'm happy with that. Everyone else better hurry up though. :nuts:

Completely true. You could write a book about the past three years of waiting. I almost don't want it to get here because this odd and unique experience will be gone. :(

I think we need an *"Official Argue About Seasons Thread"*

Not really because if you remember previous game announces, I can only remember it to be after our season and most of the world is non-tropical/-subtropical areas (about 70%). All the biggest gamenews sites (as I know of) uses the same season.

Most of Australia is subtropical. Just follow East Asian solar term and you will know when it will be released. As you probably usaly do when you wait for game releases, or?