We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Doctor G - Caterham R500 sound - UPDATED MARCH 24

Doctor G.

• 4 weeks later...
awesome

i hope it's not too quiet like some of your betas

Is it? I used this sound recently after a long time and the volume sounds a bit too low now. Do you think I should modify it?

offtopic: have you made any progress towards making those ferrari sounds louder?

Not yet, I'll try to do it soon.

Thanks all for the comments.

The transmission chatter on the downshifts is part of what make Doc G's sounds as real as it's possible to get.

That's what comes from taking samples from the real cars instead of ripping them from NFS games. I agree that EA does make some decent sounds, and they make most car sounds better than Polyphony Digital does, but they still lack what it takes to sound like a real "living engine".

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
no drive the 260 make more cence

I understand what you mean, the default sound of the caterham is so bad that you will refrain to use it, even if you like the car for other reasons. I'm like that too, if the sound isn't good, I will not use a lot a car that I like and at the opposite I will drive another car that I don't like if I prefer its sound.

Sound is what gives a large part of the adrenaline in a racing game, now let's just hope that they use a better format in TDU2 (16 bits stereo engine sounds, please?)

And by the way, nobody thinks that the sound volume should be increased?

• 7 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...