We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Joypad TDU2 Preview (French) *Wealth of info and pics!*

Eudemon

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gameplay:

- Day/Night cycle Confirmed: 1 day lasts 2 hours 30 minutes, when online all players have the same cycle.

-Dynamic Weather Confirmed: Sunny days, Storms etc

- The game takes place on Ibiza, and has been remodelled by Eden, like Oahu was for TDU1.

- There will be 4 ways to earn experience points: competition, social (number of friends, races between players, ...), discovery (discover the secret roads of the island ...) collection (buy more cars, houses ...)

- Damage Confirmed

- Turn Signals (indicators) confirmed

- The island will take 20-30 minutes to go from side to side, and around 40 minutes to go around

- They have said the customization of the cars is very similar to Forza 3, and that you can sell customized cars.

- You can jump around the map to previous saved bookmarks, like in TDU1

- DLC's are planned.

Multiplayer:

- A single server for all players

- You can create your own servers, and stay in that server with your friends while you go into shops etc

- You can shop online, with your friends

- Servers of 8 players

- In and out of club races (like TDU1)

- There are exclusive vehicles for some clubs, and there will be one exclusive car per club

Vehicles:

* Audi :

- TT S

* Dodge :

- Charger SRT8

-Viper SRT10

* Gumpert :

- Apollo Sport

* Pagani :

- Zonda C12S

- Zonda Cinque

- Zonda F

- Zonda Roadster

* McLaren :

- MP4-12C (excluse for clubs)

* Spyker :

- C8 Aileron Coupe

- C12 Zagato

- Pekin to Paris (SUV !!!!!!)

* Saleen :

- S5S

- S7 Twin Turbo

* Mercedes :

- SLR 722 S McLaren Roadster

- SLR Z199

I'll translate the rest now.

This sounds better than anything I would have ever hoped for! :D :excited:

The Peking to Paris I think is now called the D8 so it could actually be the concept model rather than what could turn out to be the production model.

Also the Z199 I am pretty sure was the codename for the SLR Stirling Moss. Damn Eden and Atari are picking some cracking cars though I'm not sure how the Z199 will do when it rains as it's got no roof! :D

I'm more intrigued by what the caterham is gonna be like in the rain if it's back... a bugger to handle i imagine, with windscreen wipers that are utterly hopeless (imagine a small dog wagging it's tail over your windscreen and you get the idea)

I think the Spyker SSUV is going to be the D12. I just realized there have not been photo's of the D8 for a long long time. Last time, the photos appeared of the testing mule, and that was halfway 2009. I don't think they're sure of the D8's possible designchanges compared to the D12, where as the D12 is 100% known.

Ah, I see you've been faster than me, I wanted to post it here when I'd have finished the translation.

If you need more information just ask, I have the magazine just here ^^

First of all, a huge thanks for posting the Information on tdu2.fr,

Would you mind giving me the caption in the top left of this picture: http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/8477/p1020048d.jpg As the scenery found there is rather stunning, i'd like to know what it says about it.

First of all, a huge thanks for posting the Information on tdu2.fr,

Would you mind giving me the caption in the top left of this picture: http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/8477/p1020048d.jpg As the scenery found there is rather stunning, i'd like to know what it says about it.

It is about the fact that the roads aren't just like they are in the reality. Just like in TDU, Eden is remodelling the roads, the decors in order to adapt them to the game.

The original text, in french (mine isn't a translation) :

Comme Hawaii dans le premier TDU, l'île d'Ibiza fait l'objet d'une réinterprétation par les équipes d'Eden. Les tracés sont parfois modifiés, les décors adaptés au jeu.

Ah, I see you've been faster than me, I wanted to post it here when I'd have finished the translation.

If you need more information just ask, I have the magazine just here ^^

First of all big thanks for posting the info and pics, really appreciated by the whole TDU community.

Second if you want to post it here feel free to do so, the reason we linked is we don't like to copy or place content here unless we have the permission to do so. :)

It is about the fact that the roads aren't just like they are in the reality. Just like in TDU, Eden is remodelling the roads, the decors in order to adapt them to the game

for instance the roads in the game will be most probably wider. See the difference between actual and in-game roads, roughly the same spot

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee39/wroomster/03_.jpghttp://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee39/wroomster/02_.jpghttp://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee39/wroomster/01_.jpg