We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Tell us what you love, hate and want changed or added!!

Eudemon

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I had an idea that I have wanted to put forward for a while so that more people would get recognition for making mods for TDU Central members maybe have something like a texture modders badge a sound modders badge that sort of thing maybe like to get texture modder badge you have to create 20-30 mods and for sound modder 15-20 mods just so people get recognition for their hard work making mods for tdu central.

Oh yeah how old do you have to be to be a moderator

Man this really don't answer my question just leave it to someone like diablo to answer

There is no age limit to being a Moderator, you need to be a good member of the community and the staff need to mutually agree on it.

Guest turbo lag

Am I the only one then that doesn't agree with the 10 posts needed to post in the noob central request forum? Generally if people are signing up to request; it also means that they're usually the type who will spam 10 posts to get there.

What about a "Strikethrough" BB Code, it's something missing from many forum that could be very useful in many situations. I know it's possible as another forum I frequent that runs on VBulletin has this feature implemented.

Now that there's more random moderators searching through the forums, I would assume that the Mod Shop would be kept under control, but no. Firstly I'd like to say that I'm not dissing the current mods as they aren't Mod Mods, however I still think that this place needs a proper control. Referring to my old thread, I still see the Mod Shop as an out of control mess. I've been trying on my own to try and help some people around, but I'm still pushing to have a dedicated Mod Mod to keep this place under control as it's driving itself down. Right now you could go in to almost any thread and find off topic, spam, or requests in posts. I'm also slightly put off to be constantly reporting, as I'd be mashing that button a lot and essentially being a back seat moderator myself. There simply needs to be Mod Mods, that lurk the place primarily. Isn't there a way to simply edit out the fail posts and remove the undesired content of the post?

The large sudden influx of noobs isn't helping either, there are so many stupid posts all over the place and this needs some clearing up.

And what's up with not being able to comment on W.I.P threads now? What the hell is point of being able to comment on Released and Beta if you can't in W.I.P. Isn't that where the most comments should be? My suggestion about the Mod Shop isn't acting either as it's been messed about with, and without the extra sections and child forums I've included, it's absolutely horrible.

And this is a bit of a personal type of thing, but owning and running a forum myself I know it doesn't take 5 minutes to make a forum. Just sayin'

I know a lot of you are already calling me a 'communist *****' and so on, but I don't really care and I will keep voicing my opinion.

-------------------

I'll be honest and put it out there; I don't really like the way this is going, and the way it is, I personally think it's already starting to dig it's own grave. I also know of many other respected members (personally) who are starting to/now hate this place because of many of these issues. You may ask, if I'm complaining all the time why come here? I come here as this is the main TDU forum, and it's the only way to get my fix of TDU. There are no other private forums based on the game, and it's essentially the only private place where there's other TDU players still active.

Am I the only one then that doesn't agree with the 10 posts needed to post in the noob central request forum? Generally if people are signing up to request; it also means that they're usually the type who will spam 10 posts to get there.

This is to encourage people to become and active part of the community. And since we introduced the 15 post limit, it has cut down on the amount of people that request and never post again. Yes, some people still get to 15 posts, request and leave but not as many as before.

What about a "Strikethrough" BB Code, it's something missing from many forum that could be very useful in many situations. I know it's possible as another forum I frequent that runs on VBulletin has this feature implemented.

What is this?

[plain] [/plain]

Now that there's more random moderators searching through the forums, I would assume that the Mod Shop would be kept under control, but no. Firstly I'd like to say that I'm not dissing the current mods as they aren't Mod Mods, however I still think that this place needs a proper control. Referring to my old thread, I still see the Mod Shop as an out of control mess. I've been trying on my own to try and help some people around, but I'm still pushing to have a dedicated Mod Mod to keep this place under control as it's driving itself down. Right now you could go in to almost any thread and find off topic, spam, or requests in posts. I'm also slightly put off to be constantly reporting, as I'd be mashing that button a lot and essentially being a back seat moderator myself. There simply needs to be Mod Mods, that lurk the place primarily. Isn't there a way to simply edit out the fail posts and remove the undesired content of the post?

Yes, you have been pushing for a new Mod Mod, and we have asked for suggestions and as far as I am aware of, we have received none. It's not an easy decision to make. We need to make sure whoever we promote is mature and impartial and also prepared to spend a little bit of their spare time on this forum checking posts and threads. When the staff agree on the right person to be promoted, they will be promoted and until then you will just have to learn to wait as this forum does not revolve around the mod shop.

All of the staff on this forum have things to do outside of the forum, whether it be School/College or work. We don't spend all of our time on this forum so we can not realisticly check every single thread and every single post. On an average day there are over 100 new threads and several hundred new posts.

And how is not reporting the posts going to help us? It's all well and good moaning about these posts, but you don't even attempt to help us.

And what's up with not being able to comment on W.I.P threads now? What the hell is point of being able to comment on Released and Beta if you can't in W.I.P. Isn't that where the most comments should be? My suggestion about the Mod Shop isn't acting either as it's been messed about with, and without the extra sections and child forums I've included, it's absolutely horrible.

The WIP sections is to just show off what you are making or are planning to make. People used to request in WIP threads more often than any other thread as modders had a greater presence within them. That is why members aren't allowed to comment in there. It's cut down on the spam and you are still moaning about it.

Comments are enabled to Released and Beta threads as there are download links for the members to actually give the mod a go and then report back with glitches or give criticism. They can't do that properly in the WIP threads where they can't download the mod.

Yes, a couple of the sections you outlined have been left out and they have been left out because there is not enough demand for them yet. What if the point of having a whole sub forum for a few threads. It'd get missed too easily.

And this is a bit of a personal type of thing, but owning and running a forum myself I know it doesn't take 5 minutes to make a forum. Just sayin'

We know it isn't a hard or slow process to add a new section to a forum. But we need to make sure that they are working properly, members have the correct permissions. Also don't forget that there is a lot more going on in the background on this forum that you won't necessarily notice taking up more time and leaving less time to change or implement new sections.

I know a lot of you are already calling me a 'communist *****' and so on, but I don't really care and I will keep voicing my opinion.

-------------------

I'll be honest and put it out there; I don't really like the way this is going, and the way it is, I personally think it's already starting to dig it's own grave. I also know of many other respected members (personally) who are starting to/now hate this place because of many of these issues. You may ask, if I'm complaining all the time why come here? I come here as this is the main TDU forum, and it's the only way to get my fix of TDU. There are no other private forums based on the game, and it's essentially the only private place where there's other TDU players still active.

You need to understand for some of the reasons above that the issues cannot be resolved immediately, it takes time.

turbo I have to applaud you for your passion and conviction in voicing your opinion, like I said we want our members to be honest with us in the bad as well as the good as a community is nothing without it's members.

However we can't just implement everything that every one person wants as not everyone feels the same. We took heed on the Mod Shop layout and are desperately seeking Mod Mods who can look over it along with the rest of the staff but this is proving really tough. Mainly because the most active in there are somewhat either already Modders themselves or that they mainly live in their but don't help or throw out a community vibe that would make them ideal for the position.

It's very tough to keep a community like this running smooth especially when the latest and greatest info keeps popping up. New members and some annoying at that will just join for the run up to the game then disappear right afterwards, I've seen it happen in a lot of places and it will happen here. Without the Mod Shop this place was still a TDU community, it's hard as hell trying to keep that community aspect with the one hit wonders who just swoop in for the mods and then leave again.

We are taking a proactive look around this place, but it takes time to gauge what and how to do those that we want to implement or alter, we can't just change it right away it takes planning and also observation. Behind the scenes a lot more work is going on, on a daily basis to keep this place alive and more important to help it to grow. Popularity can be a great thing but it can also be a hindrance, we've done our best to keep on top of it and of course our members help out greatly in this respect also which we cannot be thankful enough for.

So like I said even though some may think of you as you said, I actually appreciate your forwardness in bringing issues to light, be sure we are working on getting these remedied but like Melman said, it takes time.

Guest turbo lag

Yes I know it takes time, all I'm trying to do is try and help this place out a bit. A lot of people think I'm endlessly ranting on about rubbish but I don't really want to see this place go down due to a small issue. Thanks for the quick replies by the way both Mellors & Diablo, my bad about the "strikethrough". I'll have a better reply tomorrow as I'm going off now. :)

It's 15 and spam posts to reach that will be deleted. We don't like so called request and runners.

Yes quite true I hate request and runners they join just so they can request then never post again I myself joined so I could become an active member of the community things like thanking the modders for their hard work joining in comps giving feedback and all sorts of things like this it is great to see most people are joining for these sorts of reasons and it is really stupid when people join just to request and keep nagging modders all I have to say is great job from the site moderators and keep up the good work

I think we should have the forum statistics again every month! We should celebrate such a good great forum! :p

I can only guess they were gone for the last few months because of all the changes and news in TDUC. The staff just didn't have any time for it. But I hope that now, when everything is done, someone will be able to do this. :)