We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

All-Time Favourite Aircraft

Immelmann

Well, as the name suggests, tell us your favourite! :P I've always had a love for the JU-87 Stuka Dive Bomber. But maybe that's just because it looked scary and had a demoralizing dive siren to make tank crews poop. :p ju87_2.jpg And yours?

I'm an aircraft man really, prefer them to cars. There's a Mig-15 that does joyrides over here that is pretty sweet and my Cessna is an awesome piece of machinery.

However, very few planes have a personality, and there are few I've seen that really capture my imagination. Among those are the Air Tractor, Boeing 747, C130 Hercules Concorde and the Antonov An-124.

Planes I have never seen or heard in person that I think are fabulous pieces of engineering are the SR71, F-117 and umm...Thunderbird 1.

Can't say I have a real favorite as I'm not a huge aviation enthusiast. The only planes that really appeal to me are fighter jets. From those there are a few I think are quite cool such as the F-15E and the Sukhoi PAK FA.

If I had to pick one though it obviously has to be the Eurofighter Typhoon, if nothing else because it showed Europe can still get together and build something epic. Admittedly I'm biased towards it but hey, it's cool

zxzdi.jpg

*Expects the F-22 to show up soon*

Thank you for creating a "Your Favourite" thread that has nothing to do with cars! ;)

Anyway, my favourites through the ages:

WW1 - Fokker D.VII

3921474801_d15b8c9d6d.jpg

Not the prettiest or most iconic craft of the war, but I absolutely loved it when I played Red Baron 3D

WW2 - Lockheed P-38 Lightning

p38.jpg

Cold War - SR-71 Blackbird

2100509994_355e8f0d73.jpg

Modern - Northrop Grumman B-2 Spirit

4033282061_277278918b.jpg

Honourable mention: Messerschmitt ME 262

3839134064_080aa255aa.jpg

For me...I like the 60's stuff the most, so its the B52, Phantom, A10 Tank Buster and the Jump Jet Harrier!

I like the B52 because its HUGE, and it was in the film 'Dr.Strangeglove'(the film where the guy sits on the bomb and its falling). I like the Phantom because of the game Battlefield Vietnam' and the Harier because of th PS1 game Eagle one', which was set in Hawaii! The A10 I like as I had a Micro Machines edtion of one!

I also go to play around with the Phanton, Harrier and the A10 in H.A.W.X....even though there were 'old' and often not the best...i still use them!:D

I used to be with the US Air Force and I must say that the Raptor is my favorite modern fighter, as the AC-130h Spooky is my favorite cargo/support plane. (Oh that 108mm is a beast) And historically, the Me-262b Schwalbe seems, to me, to have been the most innovative introduction to aerospace history and by far the most intimidating weapon that the Nazis put into production. I have many other "favorites", and most airplanes I can say I like. (unless it's Russian hehe)