We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU2 Preview (OXM UK May 2010) Scans

t.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't understand that, a game like this and people are wanting to see a race track :confused: Surely the idea of this game is to get away from racing around tracks and to go and explore! :)

my understanding is that the game aims to give as many players as possible the chance to play however they want to.

most people who enjoy a race on tdu really enjoy the oahu raceway.

you know i speak from experience on that one :)

my understanding is that the game aims to give as many players as possible the chance to play however they want to.

most people who enjoy a race on tdu really enjoy the oahu raceway.

you know i speak from experience on that one :)

Yeah of course, but it just seems strange that playing a game known for it's openness leads to race tracks! Don't have anything against it, but I'll be steering clear :)

also the raceway is where alot of people would go to try out new cars - knowing that there wouldn't be any ai traffic to hinder :)

to me it makes sense that a race track would be put in...

just look at millionares who have loads of high end cars - they all have a race track in their garden.

Comparing the game map with the real thing, here's what I found so far:

- Dark blue roads are motorways

- Light blue roads are main roads

- White roads are other 2 lane roads and streets

- Yellow roads are unpaved off-roads

- Airport runway is much shorter than irl

- Road routes are pretty much accurate

- There're very few real paved open roads which are not in the game, if any (most likely they reduced the density of town's streets...)

- Race track is completely made up, there's few mantions there instead

Thx for the scans, but i'm reaaaaally really sad with that sentence

"There are a lot of cars in TDU2, and thanks to all kinds of handwringing over licensing deals and such, that's all we're allowed to say. And bikes? Those we can talk about. "We're definitely planning to have bikes," says Polloni, "but what's for sure is they won't be in that initial boxed version. We've completely restructured the car dynamics, and bikes on their own are a huge investment. So we want to make sure each experience isn't spoiled."

So no bikes for official release of the game?

On day one that appears to be true but they are not ruling out bikes, they just want to make sure they get the cars and such right and then get the bikes sorted afterwards. IE both handle very differently and they are obviously wanting to make the handling as fitting per category as they possibly can. Which is a good thing!

Also remember the big 3 bike manufacturers may still be not keen to be in a non-track based game though in all honesty that would imo be completely to their detriment as it's Kawasaki, Ducati and MV Agusta that's getting all the love and exposure to kids and beyond.

we have rain, and dirt.....will the off road portions be affected, if a clay section of hill will it be extremely slippery? will we get to blast thru some deep mud holes?

i hope we run into some hills that we actually have to take several runs at to find the right line to get over.