We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Yet another spectacular British Ring fail

t.

Armco, Recovery, Medical, yikes that's going to be quite a bill not to mention the totalled car also. Hope the driver was alright though, also does the Ring have their own Medical Helo as it said ADAC on the side of it?

Quite impressed the first car on the scene pulled over and had a jacket/flag and went to alert the others coming round.

I believe so yes. There were also people in yellow jackets who got out a car that stopped on the right. I assume they must be ring staff that drive round all day? Mb will answer most of this I'm sure. :D

The guys themselves appear to flee the car after the crash so I assume they were okay.

So um.. any guesses on the cost of an N Ring helicopter call out?

I believe so yes. There were also people in yellow jackets who got out a car that stopped on the right. I assume they must be ring staff that drive round all day? Mb will answer most of this I'm sure. :D

The guys themselves appear to flee the car after the crash so I assume they were okay.

So um.. any guesses on the cost of an N Ring helicopter call out?

My mum had to be air lifted from the alps, cost around 450 euros I think.

And jeez, nasty crach.

Nope, the Ring doesn't have it's own Helicopter. Only an Ambulance crew that are always stand-by on both entries.

Which yellow jackets, i only see a car stopping with a dude with 2 yellow flags. That's a visitor though, lot of people that go to the Ring regularly have flags with them and stop when they see an accident. I actually think of making one myself, seen enough crashes there unfortunately, and it's better to have a yellow flag then.

Insurance companies should pay out as the Ring is a toll-road without a speed limit, not a Circuit.

If your insurance company doesn't note anything about the Nürburgring you should be save.

German insurers regard the ring as a public road. British insurers however take various views on it. It's worth checking before you go as from this country at least, you may need a days track cover.

Yea, it's always worth checking before you go. My dads insurance policy should cover the ring so that's good as I'm wanting to go next year and take both cars.

Nasty crash, and it looked like he was accelerating into or was that just me? Lol

Not bad for his second lap, 10/10 for the rollover ;) Perhaps he should use the brakes a bit more next time :cheeky:

One hell of a dent in his wallet let alone his car :thumbsup:

30706_390910472419_507127419_3977316_159338_n.jpg

Bit of t-cut and all will be fine and dandy :D

FWD + Nurburgring + Astra VXR (notorious for tonnes of torque steer) = fail

I think he should have maybe used a better car, or had more practice on a different track, you don't just full throttle round the 'ring.

Yea, it's always worth checking before you go. My dads insurance policy should cover the ring so that's good as I'm wanting to go next year and take both cars.

I smell a TDU:C Meeting. Hook me up with a date, i'll come over :p

I saw this on the OCUK forums last week. They completely mocked the guy right from the moment they saw he had a Vauxhall.

I've always told myself I'll go to the 'Ring when I've finally passed my driving test which will hopefully be before the end of this year.

I don't think the 306 will be up to it, though. I'll probably end up going when I've bought the Skoda off my dad and have put some anti-roll bars on it. I was hoping Mistermojo and/or TehReaper would drive down with me in their cars, too.

I saw this on the OCUK forums last week. They completely mocked the guy right from the moment they saw he had a Vauxhall.

I've always told myself I'll go to the 'Ring when I've finally passed my driving test which will hopefully be before the end of this year.

I don't think the 306 will be up to it, though. I'll probably end up going when I've bought the Skoda off my dad and have put some anti-roll bars on it. I was hoping Mistermojo and/or TehReaper would drive down with me in their cars, too.

Indeed... Might wanna wait till i get out of the corsa but it still could be funny i suppose in the corsa ;)