We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU2 could be Games For Windows LIVE

S71NG3R

Yes that can be done but there is a big PC debate about if it would be better on Steam as Microsoft support is in question with the PC.

There are a lot of LIVE games with connection, cheating and achievement bugs.

There's still no fix for Juiced 2 achievements even after all this time.

There are no problems with Steam like this or if there are it's fixed ASAP. Steam can also do friends, DLC and Steam Cloud to keep all your save games and settings.

LIVE has major save game problems too where your saves get corrupted so you have to back-up every time you play.

I think it could be quite good if it's done right and i think some GFWL titles have been cross-platformed with xbox. Most likely they won't cross-platform though but if they did, it would make online that bit more interesting :).

I know Microsoft are well aware of the problems and they say they are doing lots behind the scenes. So we can only hope the major update to the service is before September. They have also had a management restructure that I hope will make GFWL better or just work 100% is all we need.

I'm one of the ones that like GFWL but when things are not working and there's lack of support I do hate that a lot.

Oh god, something else for the PC people to rage about...

Although if the system is trash, fair enough.

Well that's the point. Either all those people are noobs and don't know how to use GFWL, or I'm so noobish that I never really used it as it should be, the mainpoint is I never had any big problems with it, and I used it for GTA IV and Fuel.

Ok, updating GTA IV when in the game and accepting GFWL's request to update does take very long, and yes when GFWL is down the games are hardly usable, but I never had any other problems.

So final conclusion for me: let them put it in. I haven't had big issues yet with it so they can put it in.

I found that trying to install GTA IV on PC and getting a GFW gamertag was quite long and tricky. I have one now but it was a tricky process.

You know you can just use your Xbox Gamertag with GFW, yea?

I like Games for Windows, but I do not like Games for Windows LIVE. All of my GFWL games did not work well for me online (DiRT2 is probably the best one to date I guess). I would much prefer Steam, it's a much better PC client (to think I hated Steam a year or so ago). LIVE is better suited to the 360.