We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Chevrolet: Camaro headed to the UK in 2011.

Shy Guy

2010-chevrolet-camaro-ss-rear-side-588x332.jpg

Following Dodge’s lead to take on the British, Chevrolet has announced that it will begin UK sales of its Camaro muscle car in early 2011. Appropriately, Chevrolet made the announcement earlier today at the Goodwood Festival of Speed.

On sale in the United States since spring 2009, the Camaro will arrive in UK Chevy dealers sometime during the first half of 2011. The Camaro has proven to be a smash success for Chevrolet thus far, with over 200,000 units sold.

Although several variants of the Camaro are available in the U.S. – including a base model with a 304 (soon-to-be-312) horsepower V6 engine – UK buyers will only have access to the range-topping SS trim. No other details were given, but Chevy did say the Camaro would feature 426 horsepower, indicating only a six-speed manual will be offered. The SS model equipped with a six-speed automatic transmission only produces 400 horsepower.

No pricing information was given, but expect a hefty premium over the Camaro SS’ U.S. starting MSRP of about $32,000.

Source: LeftLaneNews(http://www.leftlanenews.com)

I think the idea of a muscle car in the UK is weird, but then again there are some people who live in the UK that have really wanted to a muscle car. I wonder how well it do over here.

@Shy Guy: Are you from the future?

Chevrolet: Camaro headed to the UK in 2011 :p

But yeah, I thought it was stupid that they didn't in the first place, I think this car is great and many people will buy it.

I said revealed as in the news of, not that it was actually here.

Honestly? It'll fail. UK money is populated by snobs or people clueless on cars. A boat sized left hand drive muscle car pushing £30k won't catch on.

I said revealed as in the news of, not that it was actually here.

Honestly? It'll fail. UK money is populated by snobs or people clueless on cars. A boat sized left hand drive muscle car pushing £30k won't catch on.

Its going to be Right Hand Drive.

Would be interesting, the group tests that will be done when that reaches Blightly...

Camaro vs BMW 335Ci vs Audi S5 vs Infiniti G37 anyone?

Are so many cars that will be agisn't it. S5, Caymen, TT, Brera, Europa, RX8 ect. all compleatly different cars but will all stop people buying it. Is it really going to beat VW build quality.

Can't wait to see a Daewoo Camaro on british roads...

Hang on, wait, does this mean that GM are more serious about britain than they were when the started selling horrible, cheap, unimaginative, slow daewoos under the name of their biggest brand?

I see this failing.

People in the UK are never going to accept a Chevrolet as a decent car, even if it's the best car ever made. And that's really not a bad thing. I would like to see more of the world accept GM vehicles, but, GM don't really seem to care about the rest of the world. They wonder why the Euro's dont buy their vehicles. But, when they actually decide to send one over there, it's LHD and stripped of ever option you can get for them here in the States. That's like Mercedes sending a C300 over here in RHD stripped of all options with a higher price tag. It just doesn't work.

But with the RHD Corvettes and Camaros, it does look like they are finally making some sort of effort. Better than nothing I suppose.

I think there are enough people out there (even if they aren't car enthusiasts) who will be bowled over enough by the looks go get a Camaro. Especially if they liked the Transformers movies. GM probably missed a trick here though, should've brought in the V6 as well for the posers

The people who will want it over here won't have the money, the people who have the money won't be interested. I'm not denying it will sell but I doubt it's going to hit the required figures. Time will tell but whatever happens it's an admirable effort. The Corvette may fare better especially if they stick to the principals and keep it priced fairly. Inflate the price to near 911 Turbo money and it's left to the enthusiasts again.