We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited 2 PC Beta (Closed) Officially Underway!

Eudemon

I have the demo..

Yesterday played it only a bit. Spent most time setting up my cheap controller. Still many buttons to set up lol.

Would be glad to share my impressions with tdu fans.. Is this the right thread?

Discussion of the Beta in ANY way (even saying that you are in the Beta) outside of the official Atari Beta forums is against the NDA and will not be tolerated in TDUC. Best keep the sharing feeling to yourself if its not bug reporting to Atari.

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the demo..

Yesterday played it only a bit. Spent most time setting up my cheap controller. Still many buttons to set up lol.

I think you must be getting mixed up with TDU 1 and TDU 2 :confused:

I have the demo..

*cough* *cough* NDA *cough*

---

I lol'd when I saw this.

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --

From what i've heard, there is a illegal beta version flying around on the internet. Friend of me told me about it. He is playing the beta, but he's not in the program.

At least someone's on the ground.

I have never read any Atari rules, and basically I don't understand the whole point of the situation in this forum, coz, you know, here we are first of all because of the modded stuff, which isn't kinda the most legal thing to do with games.. And now I see that people are remaining silent just because of some rules, in the same time, modding game files, patching etc.. So what the hell? That put, I MUST remain silent even when I'm sitting with my friends at the bar table. OK...

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to and i wont do/write stuff just because it's illegal (as I know it now) I'm just little confused with what's legal in others opinion.

P.S. Stop lol'ing all the time, I have like half an hour every day now to spend a free time on PC, and that said, I have no motivation at all reading some godd damn terms&conditions. (Yes, as i mentioned above I didn't know about all this "must remain silent" thingie.)

At least someone's on the ground.

I have never read any Atari rules, and basically I don't understand the whole point of the situation in this forum, coz, you know, here we are first of all because of the modded stuff, which isn't kinda the most legal thing to do with games.. ........snipped.

what he said.

except with the rest, it makes sense, what is the gameplay ACTUALLY like, cause i've been told about the beta? if you can't say, what ARE the T&C's so i can see them?

It's actually really simple.

With the modding there hasn't been any word that we should remove it from either Eden, Atari or even EA, Simbin, Turn 10 etc. If that were to happen then sure believe it or not it would be gone.

Onto the Beta and again that's an easy one as the Beta and the testers are under a Non-Disclosure Agreement. As per this agreement no media or discussion should be taking place outside of the designated forums and contacts for it. We respect the workings and methods that Eden, Atari and Namco Bandai Partners are using and being that we also have a great relationship with them we like to keep topics that aren't meant to be seen and discussed exactly that; unseen.

Now don't get me wrong I understand the negatives to this and I also know that there will be a few of you who will hate us for this but at the same time I bet there are a ton of places where you could go do and that anyway but TDUC is not one of them.

Believe it or not all the leaks and what not just add extra time and unneeded hassle to the developers' workloads and the whole point of the Beta is to test the game as it currently is and find out what those testing think about it. Keeping this in one place where it can be collated, corroborated and responded to makes it easy for the devs to find problems and deal with them. They have a good system in place regarding this and it's easy to see that the info and data due to this is working in making finding issues and correcting a lot easier for both testers and developers.

Do I agree with the blackout of media info, of course not, would I be even more eager and more prone to allow what is not permitted at the moment to be discussed had I not had the amazing opportunity to goto Eden studios itself and see the game and what is being worked on, maybe but then again when I started this place info wasn't coming from anywhere and "s**n" was always being thrown at us.

I guess what I'm saying is through the years of being a member of, moderating and now running an actual community I feel that going down that road of discussing topics like that and allowing people to post their impressions on the Beta (which some fail to realise is probably nothing akin to what the actual will be due to the feedback being given) is a slippery slope and I want TDUC to be a community and the atmosphere to remain enjoyable, places I've seen that go the other route don't tend to be like that and frankly we'll be 4 in February so despite what maybe a few feel it's going to continue to be this way.

If the info and media is out there then nothing is stopping you having a look if you want, but you can't come back here and talk about it. That's all and I really want you all to respect that.

Cheers! :)

Actually, I have seen some stuff I wont talk about in places I wont mention and it's actually looking better (handling physics). Is that even possible - can they make adjustments during beta?

It's certainly not impossible, but unlikely. The input methods people use vary, keyboards for example give sharp jerky responses. A gamepad or wheel should give a more fluid movement.

Actually, I have seen some stuff I wont talk about in places I wont mention and it's actually looking better (handling physics). Is that even possible - can they make adjustments during beta?

Through updates, yes, this is the reason they have a beta, so that they can make the game a better experience based on feedback from testers. Given that there's anything up to 6 months until the game hits stores it'd be silly to expect they would be doing nothing. Given that comments on the 'stuff' generally relate to the handling, I'd expect that it is currently a rather big priority for the team right now.

That said, in the time-frame we've had, I doubt there's been a patch yet, so as t. said, it's probably just different input methods.