We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Gran Turismo 5 Discussion

calster17

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been reading some reviews, and I must say I think GT5 is like a german high-end car: roughly 85% of the reason people praise it sky high goes in the name. I've read some bad stuff I didn't expect, like the whole Standard thing, lagg and framerate slowdowns, the menu looked horrible and impossible to navigate through quickly, and then I see this:

gt5.jpg

Seriously...

Wait so you're playing it or just looking at images as those who are playing and with the Premium, let's just call them proper cars seem to be having fun with it with their G25 and G27's. Grrr! :lol:

The standard cars thing is a filler, I'm sure they may update these to Premium via updates as well as give DLC but if - like I've said for a while - you look at GT5 as GT3 as in 220 odd cars plus everything else, it's a worthy GT title. The odds are always the worst also in content and that doesn't seem to have changed.

I'm looking forward to seeing you guys posting your Photomode pics up!

Wait so you're playing it or just looking at images as those who are playing and with the Premium, let's just call them proper cars seem to be having fun with it with their G25 and G27's. Grrr! :lol:

The standard cars thing is a filler, I'm sure they may update these to Premium via updates as well as give DLC but if - like I've said for a while - you look at GT5 as GT3 as in 220 odd cars plus everything else, it's a worthy GT title. The odds are always the worst also in content and that doesn't seem to have changed.

I'm looking forward to seeing you guys posting your Photomode pics up!

I'm not playing it, I have no PS3.

It's the point that I didn't expect the minuses of the reviews. You're only replying to the cars bit, but that doesn't explain the drop in framerates, the sometimes frustratingly busy UI and that horrible screenshot of environmental effects.

I just find it ridiculous a game is being pushed to every front page with saying it has over 1000 cars when over half of it, in a today's ''next-gen console'' game, is close to as bad as NFS3's or A2 Racer III's carquality. I'm glad to pay for additional content, but not for something like this which is actually an unfinished game because of that lack of detail on most cars, I want all cars at the same quality, bad or good, but not a mix, except when we're talking about modding, but we aren't.

And I seriously doubt they'll upgrade all 800+ Standard cars to Premium ones, don't you realise how much time that takes? They're already working on GT6 for a few weeks also.

Watch some videos, and know that stills hardly represent a game in motion as you don't know what post processing is being done when in motion. Believe me I have heard the good and the bad but for the most part the actual driving and racing seems to be really good.

The unlocking structure the game seems to have is weird but then PD are Japanese and they love levelling up. lol I believe the Standard thing will go down as one of the worst choices ever in gaming but if like me you didn't care about them anyway then GT5 is very good at what it's always done.

There's one guy who is an actual track racer and he has vids of him playing and showing off GT5, watching him drive in that game is really a joy to behold.

Speaking of Photomode Diablo, would it be possible to have a dedicated GT5 section with a Photomode subsection or something? Keep everything tidy and organised.
Yeah I'll get that up tomorrow probably. Just post a thread with yourname and Photomode in it and I'll know which to move when I create the forum.