We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Gran Turismo 5 Discussion

calster17

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He did the birthday gift exploit thing...

If you want to play the game without cheating, you can win the Toyota 7 race car in the Like The Wind(I think) event in B-spec mode.

The 7 can win the races easily in A-spec mode and even in B-spec if your driver is around level 20.

Urgh, I've just noticed something horrible.

Has anyone else saw the rear 'Lamborghini' badge on the LP640? Its so badly modelled that Tom thought it was an out of focus shot I'd taken.

Never noticed that. All I know is it drives like a bag of... turd. The LP670 is much better. :p :whistle:

On another note, finally completed the NASCAR event in Seasonal Events! So tense. :eek:

Never noticed that. All I know is it drives like a bag of... turd. The LP670 is much better. :p :whistle:

On another note, finally completed the NASCAR event in Seasonal Events! So tense. :eek:

Pshhh, the hard part of that event was getting my car down to 850BHP. But I did turn on skid recovery force though because I didn't want to have to redo the race several times to win. Same for the Focus event, almost impossible without the extra grip SRF gives you.

I had a go at Like the Wind yesterday using my 1220BHP understeery Veyron. Easily won the first race due to the the extra torque but haven't been able to win at Indianapolis - I resorted to scraping the walls at every corner to keep my speed up and managed to hold onto 7th/12.

Pshhh, the hard part of that event was getting my car down to 850BHP. But I did turn on skid recovery force though because I didn't want to have to redo the race several times to win. Same for the Focus event, almost impossible without the extra grip SRF gives you.

Yeah, I put SRF on in the end with ABS on 3 just to be sure, TCS was on 4 or 5 I think. I also maxed the downforce on the car in the settings and raised the suspension a little. Did the trick nicely. :p

I've got a great tip for you guys so read this!

Go to main menu and go to the season thingy, then Bonusrace Nr.2. There is a race where you will need a Ford GT.

If you dont have one, buy one and buy all tuning things.

Now this race is hella easy, too bad you can only drive it once. Make sure to get 1st the first time you drive it

If you win you get 1.000.000Cr. and i think 60.000 Exp.

Great deal

I've got a great tip for you guys so read this!

Go to main menu and go to the season thingy, then Bonusrace Nr.2. There is a race where you will need a Ford GT.

If you dont have one, buy one and buy all tuning things.

Now this race is hella easy, too bad you can only drive it once. Make sure to get 1st the first time you drive it

If you win you get 1.000.000Cr. and i think 60.000 Exp.

Great deal

I recommend driving all the bonus races as they all give good amount of money and XP. Also you don't need to get 1st on the first try.

I recommend driving all the bonus races as they all give good amount of money and XP. Also you don't need to get 1st on the first try.

Agreed and agreed. A few minutes ago, I earned 300,000 cr. in a stock TT-S. Awesome. :) Remember, there's a limit to power with most of the bonus races, so you can't always tune everything to the max. However, suspension, chassis stiffening, transmissions, drivetrain, and stuff like that (that doesn't change the weight, power, or tires) is fair game. ;)

EDIT: It's actually far, far more profitable if you don't get first on the first try. Almost every position has a large reward, so if you have time, work your way up. :)

-Leadfoot

;382615']Agreed and agreed. A few minutes ago, I earned 300,000 cr. in a stock TT-S. Awesome. :) Remember, there's a limit to power with most of the bonus races, so you can't always tune everything to the max. However, suspension, chassis stiffening, transmissions, drivetrain, and stuff like that (that doesn't change the weight, power, or tires) is fair game. ;)

EDIT: It's actually far, far more profitable if you don't get first on the first try. Almost every position has a large reward, so if you have time, work your way up. :)

-Leadfoot

It's cumulative. If you come first place you get prize money for coming first, second, third, forth and so on. Same goes for the XP.

So if you come second first try and the first on the second go you will earn the exact same amoun of money and XP compared to if you won first time.

It's cumulative. If you come first place you get prize money for coming first, second, third, forth and so on. Same goes for the XP.

So if you come second first try and the first on the second go you will earn the exact same amoun of money and XP compared to if you won first time.

Yes, that's why i've got a C4 WRC for make that 1.500.000 race... Lol

If anyone doesn't know, get all gold in Sebastien Loeb Special Event you will get a C4 WRC for free.

;)