We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Had a Bad Day? Post Your Story Here

"Hedge"

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent condition that Golf is in - what is she upgrading to?

In my opinion - downgrading. Probably to something like a brand new Hyundai i20. God knows why, but I can't talk any sense into the woman and my dad's too scared to speak up.

She's being silly and getting caught up in that "OH MY GOD I'M GOING TO OWN A BRAND NEW CAR" scenario which will run it's course after a couple of weeks and then she'll be stuck with some dull Hyundai that has no redeeming features what-so-ever.

Yeah - I was going to say downgrading originally but didn't want to offend.

Why don't you steer her towards a new Polo GTI or Golf if she can afford them. The new Mk6's are great.

She wont be able to afford a Golf, that's for certain already. Anything sporty she won't be able to afford. I've suggested Ford Fiesta 1.25 Edge/Zetecs, Skoda Fabia 1.2 TSI SEs, Fiat Panda 100HPs (I refuse to suggest the 500 because I hate them) and loads of other cars which are alot better (in my eyes) than an i20.

I shouldn't be suggesting anything at all because I'm against the idea as a whole really but if she's really got her heart set on it then I didn't want her to end up in something she's going to regret buying into after a few weeks.

She's going for Finance deals because she can't afford the cars out-right. Infact I don't know how she can afford the monthly payments because she's forever borrowing money off me and saying half way through each month "Oh, I've only got £50 to last me the rest of the month, how am I going to fuel my car etc. with that?".

I was speaking to my mum about it yesterday and she reminded me you can get finance on cars up to 12 months old, they don't have to be brand new, and that they should be cheaper per month than brand new cars. So I might suggest that and hope that VW, Ford or Skoda will come up with something decent to keep her away from the God awful Hyundai.

*shrugs*

Honestly - I see no point to switching cars then. Sure, getting a new car (or a new anything, really) is great, but if you can't really afford to get something that's quite a bit or a lot better than what you currently have is a bit pointless imo.

Like-wise.

Sorry to the female users of this forum but..

Women. Their reasoning makes no sense what-so-ever. Especially in scenarios such as this.

OH MY GOD. WHY DOES IT HAVE TO SNOW TODAY?

I have left most of my Christmas shopping until now and this happens. Car's blocking the roads all over the place, roads not gritted.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.

I'm going down Tesco's to panic buy. BRB.

Got it done in the end. Went to Cheltenham at about 4:30PM and they hadn't gritted any of the roads around there at all so it was basically an ice rink but my mum's Golf GTI made light work of all the snow and ice somehow.

I cleared the snow off the drive way just now, only for it to start snowing again.

I was even in the mood for clearing the road with the guy next door so that the rest of the people who live on the street can get their cars back home but it'll have to wait now. I'm not carving a path in the road just for it to be covered up again.

Just found out despite having a back-up function on, 3ds killed a car I've been working on for half a year now (the one in my signature). It somehow by itself threw the entire car out of the file leaving an unopenable 12kb file left. There's only one backup of the car, of at least 3 months ago, and it hasn't got the headlights, interior, steeringwheel, boot and bootlid upholstery, side mirrors, Alphard rims, brakediscs and calipers, brake airduct channels and the supercharger + intakesystem I made since then...

Really feel screwed once again, this stuff always happens to me and only at things that have a special meaning to me or which are very important...

Turned my computer on just now and Nod32 decided to find 2 trojans, I don't know where they've come from but still.

Then I went to do the washing up and a glass which has had a tiny crack in it for months now decided to shatter in my hand as I was washing it, resulting in loads of cuts in my right hand that wont stop bleeding. I don't think there's any glass stuck in them though so I'm just going to ignore them all.

Hangover, worst one ever. Lol

Managed to get myself thrown out of a pub for no apparent reason without my mates noticing. At that point I'd forgotten that taxis existed and spent 2 hours trying to walk home at about 1am. It usually takes about 30 minutes. :lol: All I remember is setting off and then arriving at the front door being confused by my key.

Self induced bad days are the worst ones because you only have yourself to blame for it. XD

Hangover, worst one ever. Lol

Managed to get myself thrown out of a pub for no apparent reason without my mates noticing. At that point I'd forgotten that taxis existed and spent 2 hours trying to walk home at about 1am. It usually takes about 30 minutes. :lol: All I remember is setting off and then arriving at the front door being confused by my key.

Self induced bad days are the worst ones because you only have yourself to blame for it. XD

You know, I found it completely normal after seeing that you posted it. :confused: :D :lol: :o

:(

:ill: