We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Had a Bad Day? Post Your Story Here

"Hedge"

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

More car related things.

Got a problem with my speedometer now. Once on every journey it'll decide at a random point to stop working for a while. I know when it's about to happen and it'll feel like the car has had a hiccup in power and then it'll feel like I've only got half the power there, a second after the hiccup the speedometer needle will drop to 0 and stay there for 30 seconds to a few minutes depending on how it feels. During this time it still feels like I've only got half the power that I should have and the gears don't change smoothly either. Then another hiccup will come and then the speedometer needle will shoot back up to whatever speed I'm doing and all of the power is there again.

To be honest if things such as police patrols and speed cameras didn't exist then I wouldn't be too bothered but the police seem to be out in force these days and there's several speed cameras on my way home as well so I'd prefer to have a speedometer that works as it should all the time.

Turns out I need a speed sensor which goes into the gear box which is apparently a pain in the rear to fit, and it costs £20. Great timing as I need to pay Tax for the thing at the end of the month, and I need new tyres.

• 3 weeks later...

More money spending.

Car needs a new exhaust downpipe, a weld just after the Catalytic Converter has decided to turn into a hole in less than a day and got a lot worse over the last week. Took the Catalytic Converter and adjoining pipes off to discover that you can now see daylight through what used to be the weld, probably a 1/4 of the pipe at most was still holding it all together, it was about to fall apart I think. Just gotta hope GSF have one tomorrow so I can still drive my car next week.

• 3 weeks later...

Driving home in the dark, just about to pass some cars parked on the opposite side of the road when some idiot coming the other way decides that it's his right of way and comes flying through, I slam on my brakes to prevent hitting him, only to slam my brakes on just before a pot-hole in the road, then a substantial *thud* and bad vibrations through the car. Still had my foot on the brake as I went through the hole, pretty sure I could feel something loose through the pedal itself so I'm not sure if I've done any damage yet. Got home and the tyre and wheel looks fine, but I guess I'll find out if it's done anything when I try and go to work tomorrow. Half expecting a flat tyre.

The standard of driving in this country seems to get worse and worse by the day. I actually hate driving with a passion now, because so many people seem to be so incompetent of doing the simplest of tasks on the roads.

Mine isn't as bad as everyone else's... but I need a place to rant, I guess. :hmmm:

So, I've just discovered the very dark side of a girl I really like (who likes me back). For the past few years I've known her and I've became a really close friend of hers. I felt like popping the question (no, not THAT question) to her. Turns out, she's been a complete arse to all 11 (yes, ELEVEN) of her ex-es-esss. She's dated 11 other guys in the past 3 years. Yeah. I can't even begin to realize how high that number is...

Some girls date guys often, it happens - if you don't want to ruin your relationship with her - don't ask her out. If you think it'll last, go for it. If you weren't looking for advice at all - I'm sorry you had to read this :) Keep your head up, everyone has flaws - and you have to accept them if you want to live your life with them.