We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Server is open- cant see people online

bmw325turbo

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, same here. It's been like this for almost a week. Looks like atari either doesn't care or has no clue as to what they did to break it.

People are opening trouble tickets with them (like that ever did any good . . .) and all they're getting back are canned responses. There's even some trying to suggest that the problem may be with the person's PC. Kinda' strange that people everywhere would get the same problem at virtually the same time.

This does not bode well for TDU2. If atari hasn't figured out in the past 4 years how to keep a server up, how can we trust them to do any better with TDU2.

maybe, just maybe, they are working on the servers before TDU2 comes out. trying to ensure that they will be able to handle both games simultaneously, and prevent massive uproar.

maybe.

I'd like to believe that, I really do. Trouble is, my experience with atari is not good.

The cynic in me says atari wants to shut down the TDU1 servers to help push people to buy TDU2 (of course, I wouldn't dare say this on the official forum - I'd probably be banned for some perceived slight against atari!).

Some PC people are saying it's just not for them, that it's even more of a console game than TDU1 - all arcade-y and stuff. BTW, I have no idea who was or wasn't in the TDU2 beta, my PC didn't "qualify", so I wasn't able to participate in the open one.

I can't be the only LAN/WAN guy on these forums. Any network manager worth his salt knows you have to have another server set up and ready to go (and well tested!!) before you move over to the new server. And even then, you run both or have the old one ready to go as a backup if problems surface on the new one. But I guess atari just figures that's for paying customers. Either that or they need a whole new IT department.

Apparentlty, I jumped for joy too soon, now they're gone again! Oh well ,it's saturday night and I've got other plans, hopefully Ill see you online tomorrow.

Not only that, they're completely down now. Connection failure. Looks like when Atari tries to fix something *when they get around to it) they either go nowhere, or make it worse, LOL!

the servers still not show the others players

Hi, as title say. the server is now open, but i cant see people playing on map or ingame!

anyone knows why?

-Bmw325Turbo

again, again, again ..., me and a lot of people can't see the others players on the map. ie. when press "m" to view map.

but, sometimes you I see people if drive on the island and, with luck, other players are closed.

This happens since a one month, dez/2010 and Atari not fixed YET. If not will fix, how I will trust if TDU2 works with.

TDU was released at 2007 and there are simple bugs yet, like some players that can't play "in intra-club races", simple just doesn't work. We are on 2010

when Atari will fixed them?