We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Official Car List Revealed on Facebook

Who

What do you think of the Carlist?  

263 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the Carlist?

• It's grrrrrrreat!
    • It's ok, could have been better though
    • It's *meh*
    • It's really disappointing :(
    • I'm cancelling my order/not buying/waiting till after release

I really, really, really, really, really hope this list is incomplete. I've played TDU1 since the day it was released nearly 4 years ago, and still regularly play it, and have been waiting for TDU2 for years too but this is so disappointing that I've cancelled my pre-order. I might reconsider buying it if Lamborghini's are added as a DLC, particularly an LP640, but until that time i'm not buying it.

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really, really, really, really, really hope this list is incomplete...

...I might reconsider buying it if Lamborghini's are added as a DLC, particularly an LP640, but until that time i'm not buying it.

It is final. There are files for more cars, as seen on the picture POSTER uploaded of the files, but most likely the ones that are ''new'' will end up as DLC content.

Lamborghini was very expensive, Atari needs to sell a huge amount of TDU2's if they want to be able to pay the license. Pay, not obtain, because somebody said there was a lot of things going on between Lambo and Ferrari, so actually obtaining it is a different matter.

wow I didn't know Dusty is such a huge Lambo fan. Personally, I'm much more disappointed with the fact that Mazers are also out. I can't believe they became too expensive also. What the hell is goin' on with this people from the car industry?! Have they really become so greedy (read desperate)?!?

Unfortunately, I can't consider canceling my pre-order (not saying I'd do that), I've already payed it. But it would be so sad to see it laying on the shelve collecting dust together with some other mediocre games...:cry:

Are they menta

lol they're not mental, they're just pretty broke....

As said it's not only money, from what I read, including from Galop1n or galopin or something, Ferrari and Lambo was a ''sensitive'' case. Considering Ferrari has been a massive pain in the sitting area in previous games, maybe there has been something else going on...

...which seems odd since TDU1 also had both in. Ah well, all we can do is wait for GMDestra's answers.

it sounds like a funeral here. it could be way worse than it is now. i still have hope cause i havent played the game yet or at least read a full review. i read an article in X360 Magazine and they said the handling is better than TDU1 and that the game ran very well and didnt report any bugs. so guys dont go gloom and doom this game can still be great

i read an article in X360 Magazine and they said the handling is better than TDU1

Yeah the handling is great, when using xbox controller or a gamepad. But what's with us, poor wheel users? Neglecting the steering wheels support is a very bad decision for a driving game developer. Hope they'll change their minds in the close future.

The main problem with this game is that TDU1 set the standards too high. In its time, it was well in front of its rivals, it was a small revolution, a genre of its own. Now, the situation is a bit different, people want something more, much better, an evolution of the revolution, but considering where Eden and Atari stand today, it's quite hard goal to be achieved. I'm convinced they're trying as hard as they can, but we should lower our expectations a bit, don't u think? It's just temporarily...:cheeky:

I find it amazing Eden managed to work with just over 14 people on TDU2 in the first place, when they had 63 working on TDU1. And what happened to those crazy guys? Many of them went off to start a company called Ivory Towers, which never got in publicity anyway! And what may be the key behind the reason people say the physics might turn out bad: one of the many who left was the guy responsible for TDU1's physics engine.

So can someone just quickly remind me... Why no bikes..? Will there be bikes..? Will I have to pay even MORE after buying the game, just to get bikes..?

No, bikes DLC should be free, 'cause the only reason they are not in from the start is the lack of time....they want them to be perfect :cheeky: personally I'm not bothered with bikes, they can't be driven with the wheel anyway...

I find it amazing Eden managed to work with just over 14 people on TDU2 in the first place, when they had 63 working on TDU1. And what happened to those crazy guys? Many of them went off to start a company called Ivory Towers, which never got in publicity anyway! And what may be the key behind the reason people say the physics might turn out bad: one of the many who left was the guy responsible for TDU1's physics engine.

But you get more and more games made by les and less people these days, you can see 'chasis' made by a single person, and then modified by the public. Look at how many people have used the quake 3 engine!

@WALRUS: bikes come in a DLC after release because Eden wanted to focus on the scratch build carphysics to get that sorted first, then come the bikes with also a new physics system. Dunno if they'll charge you for it, seeing it's Atari with money problems I can imagine they'll charge you for it.

Huh? A lot of work for games these days is done via outsourcing and where did you hear only 14 people worked on TDU2?

I know outsourcing, that's why we have to thank Rabcat for a big portion of the cars TDU1 contained, and why PS3 players have to thank Lightsprint for LA Noire's awesome illumination stuff.

The german TDU-Central site had an article in September 2010 with an overview of which people had which job/tasks during TDU1, compared to now, and what supposedly has happened short after TDU1's release. I read it's just partial fact, but still.

TDU Central - Test Drive Unlimited Community | News-Archiv: Was nach TDU 1 geschah

Wait.... how many rewardcars does that give? I only know ten wrecks make 1 bonus car and there are 20 wrecks to find, but we already saw both wrecked 2CV's and Beetle's...

EDIT: ow noes, the floating parkinglines are back...

no i think that there are more wrecks other than the 2cv and the beetle and i think that there may be more than 1or 2 bonuses in the game the floating parking lines may be to his poor graphics settings

Wait.... how many rewardcars does that give? I only know ten wrecks make 1 bonus car and there are 20 wrecks to find, but we already saw both wrecked 2CV's and Beetle's...

EDIT: ow noes, the floating parkinglines are back...

Owh gawd the floating parkinglines again =_=' I do hope thats a beta issue.