We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Had a Good Day? Post Your Story Here!

Ryzza5

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two days off work.

Took the last shock/spring/top mount to a garage so they can put it together on a proper machine instead of me risking any more accidents with manual spring compressors, so hopefully I can get the strut back on the car today and test it all out before I go back to work on Wednesday.

My dad bought another car yesterday, I wish he'd sell one that he already has before buying another one. This time it's a 2009 Citroen C4 Grand Picasso VTR+ which he got for half the price of the rest listed on the internet because it's done, wait for it... 175,000 miles.

Stop chuckling back there! I know I had a job to :p

1157686_10151781210706132_1868150755_n.jpg

Some will understand, others wont a clue. :lol:

I was at the BTCC, if you know the picture & 'scribble' should be enough. ;)

Was't just that, I'll post a full thing tomorrow...got to do ton's of stuff I should't have been able to do with a normal ticket, and some stuff I should't have been allowed to do unless I worked on track. :lol:

Well not exactly i was working there for 3 years as i attended school, 3 days of school 2 days at the workshop it was profession preparation. Well i like wrenching on cars, that's why i chose to be a mechanic, of course some cars are ***** to work on, especially in this weather conditions, but still i just don't see myself doing something else

Guest MrLolololXD

Ah righteo, I get you. That's pretty much the same as what I did, except I only did it for one year. School 2 days per week and work 3 days, after the first year of that I finished school and went to full-time working. Best decision I made as far as I'm concerned, another year at school would've just been another year wasted, not making any money, delaying the inevitable time before I started work anyway. The last few years of school I did were almost useless, I've never found an application for applying anything they taught us.

I started out with the school/trial/thing when I was 15, first car I ever worked on was a Ferrari 250GT Pininfarina Cab. :D

Couldn't see myself doing anything else either, I love my job. I'd get bored with a desk job and I wouldn't want to work in retail or anything because I hate dealing with random people lol

Yeah same here although i get to work on everyday crap cars there were some nice cars from time to time such as Porsche Cayman or 911 Maserati Granturismo but most of them come only for alignment but two times i got a ride in Dodge Magnum 5.7L Hemi thats a beast :D

• 4 weeks later...

Got the car serviced and reset the service indicator. 11,950 miles to go instead of -250 now :p

I tell a lie. I still need to get a new air filter for it as Euro Car Parts sent me a stupid cone filter which wouldn't fit in a million years, so I'll return that and get a proper one.

Good news is the new oil stayed in the sump rather than leaking out like last time so this years bodge of washers and other things should see it through another year. It may, however, be the last time it gets serviced by me as the threads where the sump plug goes are almost gone which means a new sump among other things, so the car might not even be with me this time next year as I'll seriously be looking to get rid despite the car serving me impeccably for the last 40,000 miles.

My dad is insuring me as a named driver on his Fabia vRS so I can drive that to work/where-ever once or twice a week from now on. That means I can save up to 100 miles a week on the 306 and get to drive something with over twice the power occasionally which sounds very pleasing :p

I don't think I'll buy his Fabia in the future like I've always planned though as he's let it slide a bit recently, needs new suspension bushes all round, lacquer is peeling off the spoiler, the clutch has always been a bit slippy occasionally because of the remap, but it's alright other than that. He doesn't seem to understand why I don't want to buy a car with these problems, but he has been smitten with the thing ever since my uncle sold it to him all the way back in 2004, so I think I'll let my dad keep it and I'll continue my pursuit of a BMW.

Oh yeah, chipped TDI PD. I bet people driving behind you enjoy the black smoke when you step on the gas. :p

I don't aim to smoke them out, unfortunately it's just a by-product. The only time I want to see smoke out the back is when I want to give the car a good clearing out, but I try and do that when no-one else is about :P

• 2 weeks later...