We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

About autopilot

zorko

• 3 weeks later...

Get yourself a USB controller adapter for a PS-2 controller, or get a wired XBox 360 controller.

Look into the Trio Linker Plus II at Welcome to EMS Production Ltd (www.hkems.com)

It allows PS-1, PS-2, GameCube, and Dreamcast controllers to be used on the PC, or the PS-3. I've used one for years on the PC and have never had a game made past 1999 that doesn't accept it. Older games don't like it because it's USB, but newer games are fine.

I think it would be awesoe if anyone could possibly make a mod that woudl allow to set our designated top speed (up to 3 different speeds) in game options and then enable us to choose one of them through the in-drive menu.

This, or it could be done just by using piggyback trainers that detect the speed and cap it at our specified speed limit.

So, modders. you have been told :)

We all lay great faith in you, you CAN do it, and WE know it.

Told? About what? Why would anyone want to spend their time making that when the solution is:

a) very simple and

b) already written few posts above.

And while I'm at it... Do people still play a driving game with a keyboard? Oh boy... :eek:

Told? About what? Why would anyone want to spend their time making that when the solution is:

a) very simple and

And while I'm at it... Do people still play a driving game with a keyboard? Oh boy... :eek:

Exactly. You can't force a modder to do something you want. If they want to do it, let them do it.

Also, if you really want to drive like that, buy a controller or even a wheel if you have the money.

Here's a link to some cheap gaming pads.

I think it would be awesoe if anyone could possibly make a mod that woudl allow to set our designated top speed (up to 3 different speeds) in game options and then enable us to choose one of them through the in-drive menu.

This, or it could be done just by using piggyback trainers that detect the speed and cap it at our specified speed limit.

We all lay great faith in you, you CAN do it, and WE know it.

Don't wanna start a flame war, but imo you have to find people first :

- who are not just copy-pasting models from other games

- who are not just releasing lonely 3D model, without TDU capabilities (sound, dealer, names, rims, clever physics, cams ...) whereas it has been made possible for months

- who don't think making countless is better than making quality

- who are not script kidding / cracking exe files (you know, thise making crappy trainers rather fixing bugs and adding exciting features - whereas they are able to)

and then, you'll get more people making the things go further.

Don't take everything for yourself (and don't get me wrong), things are like that and everyone, including me, had a role to play to avoid that.

Hope the same mistakes won't be made again for TDU2 :)

• 1 year later...

a) very simple and

I dont have lalalalaing money so i still play with keyboard problem ? :jealous:

• 6 months later...

Dredgy's TDU Performance Editor > (Choose your car) > Load car > Straight Line Performance > Miscellaneous Stuff > Acceleration

The default slider position is full throttle. Move the slider like you need. Full throttle, half throttle, whatever, up to you. Then, SAVE. Start TDU.

To restore, just exit TDU. Re-open TDUPE, restore default, save.

It is easy. Dredgy has made awesome tool. We can tune cars in TDU.

I still using keyboard. My computer is full of soundcards, digital amplifier, speakers, audio controller, microphones, guitar stomp-boxes and midi controller, looks messy if i put a gamepad inside my small room. When writing or recording going stuck, it is better to Windows + D then click TDU icon.

IMHO, not all people are die-hard gamer. But i'm really appreciate all modders, they spent hours or years to make TDU interesting for me. Great job modders. :ty::ty: