We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Team VVV Video Previews

Eudemon

@ B@tLLs

i really dont think that gear delay is going to be an issue. Because even in the early beta version i didnt have any delays with my gear changes using h-pattern with clutch. Only problem that occured was that the clutch didnt want to function properly. I dont think that they messed it up in the final version of the game...even beta worked fine with gear changes :D

I think some of it might be that he is expecting a stick shift car to shift as fast as a paddle shift.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think that everything is going to be just fine

only thing im worried about is the graphics ...yea i know, im weird...:D

im gonna be very disappointed if graphics on pc is going to be worse than on ps3. Because these videos are looking astonishing...exactly at my expectations...but if im going to see same graphics as i did in beta...veryvery disappointing

Quote: there's quite a delay in gear changes and I've seen no benefit in using manual on this game so far.

As a g25 owner I didn't want to hear that :( Is it possible they didn't fixed that

As a G25 owner and as i mentioned before, gears worked just fine even in early beta...why should they not work in final release? it doesnt make any sense

Well I can tell you personal that there was gear delay in beta with g25 so my concern is reasonable

I had a delay, but only when using the sequential shifter with a mechanical gearbox car. After I switched to H pattern with a clutch, everything was fine.

I am loving these videos, they answered a whole bunch of questions. I finally feel that the physics debate can be put away now that he played a bit with a standard controller.

However I really wonder if this wheel business will get straightened out. I had planned on parting ways with a good bit of coin for a good wheel but the fanatec seems to be having trouble, despite its monster price tag. Running on a 360 also has its available hardware limitations.

Also, anyone know any really good wheel mounts.

I have seen the vids and my conclusions ar mixed. First, the graphics are way better than I expected, also, the game seems to have a nice little storyline for the single player. But then there are a few things that I think that are really bad:

-The cars do not steer as much as they should, when you see the cockpit view, you can notice that the steering wheel only turns like 75º. And also while driving you feel the cars are carrying two tons of scrap metal in the trunk! It seems the cars are nailed to the road by their rear tyres.

-The engine sounds are just terrible, specially the Touareg, Range Rover and Lancia Delta. It seems that the rpm go down too fast when you change gear, its kind of robotic, it doesn't feel, look or sound natural. And the worst is that even when the car is reaching 7,8 or 9000 rpm, it sounds like its not even in 4 or 5000 rpm, I don't why, but there is no roar, it all sounds robotic and synthesised.

-The sense of speed is not as bad as I expected but just doesn't feel like right. The car doesn't shake, there are no noticeable visual effects for speed. This kind of sense of speed doesn't help the slower cars, it seems like you can't actually feel the car accelerating, changing gears and braking. It all seems very unrealistic!:cry:

I think the game has lots of improvements, and making a realistic driving game is far from easy, specially since companies with much larger budgets have tried it and failed miserably. But I guess you can always turn on the blur and shake camera for the sense of speed and turn off traction and stability helps to let you have more fun driving. The worst thing are the engine sounds, I know I keep complaining and complaining, but its just AWFULL, how can it be so bad, the cars sound HORRIBLE, it seems like an old *.midi. I don't know how they could do it so bad after so much people complaining and full 4 years of development.

At the moment sounds are the least of our problems. Yesterday i talked to VVV and he said that there is a terrible deadzone with wheels, no matter how much you tweak those settings. Framerates are not smooth enough. Car driving feels bad while turning, braking and stuff. It randomly locks up etc. Also these are the problems on PS3 version. Dont know about PC though, we'll see