We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU2 Changing Gears

Elder_of_Lyons

I don't know if EDEN will actually do anything about it but I guess everyone will agree with me on this one. Its not a difficult thing to change (I think), and it just looks, feels and sounds so awfull that makes me wanna puke.

You can notice the way the gears change, the RPM goes down, stops and starts from there, sort of in robotic way instead of smoothly, it feels horrible, it sounds really bad. I don't know what you think:

TDU2:

I don't except the engines to sound like real life because no game actually has really good engine sounds but its just about the gear changing, it isn't smooth. Its like a brutal and robotic rpm change and a sound that seems like a pile of bamboo just fell on the floor (specially on the Veyron). I don't know, I am getting more and more excited about the game, the graphics look much better than I thought, the sense of speed is kind of nice, but that annoyiing gear change is just TERRIBLE!!!:mad:

You can also notice that the ingame steering wheel doesn't respond well. It seems it has a limit of 75º rotation. That is one of the things people complained much about since TDU1, and it looks it wasn't changed. I don't want it to turn 720º but it sure seems too stiff.

Also I HOPE that they kept the SHAKE CAMERA and BLUR EFFECT.:thumbsup:

I don't really wanna complain any more but cars shake a lot and I wonder if if it that hard to create that sort of effect like you are being pushed into a tube when you accelerate. I think NFS Shift nailed it very well. I wonder if we could see that in TDU2 sometime:cry:. Just think what it would be to have a sort of NFS Shift sense of speed in an open world racer!:thumbsup:

If you can't stand the fact that the game you are waiting so much for is so massively flawed, I am not the one that should shut up. I am not posting further in this thread because there is one above that explains things in a better way. It talks about LAZYNESS and that is what this is all about:twisted:. Because EDEN had acess to the real cars and had the chance to record sounds on studio, and they did a VERY BAD job. And don't you come mentioning funds and stuff, because MODDERS don't have any FUNDS and they do a better job than the actual game developers!:mad:

Just look at this! Anyone think these are DECENT engine sounds for a 2011 videogame?

TDU2's Ferraris:

TDU1 Mod:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59gVrbdpHuE&feature=related

Reality:

The thing that annoys me the most are those STUPIDD gear changes, it cuts the sound... I don't really know how to explain! Its just so awfull, its worst than TDU1, by FAR!!! It seems that the car changes gear, you hear a pile of bamboo falling on the floor, the engine sound stops for a fraction of a second and then starts from a predetermined point. ITS RIDICULOUS, and don't come with funds and I'm so excited things, cause I was excited either, before I saw that cars in TDU2 sound worst than a FART!!!:mad::mad:

Just look at this! Anyone think these are DECENT engine sounds for a 2011 videogame?

TDU2's Ferraris:

TDU1 Mod:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59gVrbdpHuE&feature=related

Reality:

The thing that annoys me the most are those STUPIDD gear changes, it cuts the sound... I don't really know how to explain! Its just so awfull, its worst than TDU1, by FAR!!! It seems that the car changes gear, you hear a pile of bamboo falling on the floor, the engine sound stops for a fraction of a second and then starts from a predetermined point. ITS RIDICULOUS, and don't come with funds and I'm so excited things, cause I was excited either, before I saw that cars in TDU2 sound worst than a FART!!!:mad::mad:

Try not to get so worked up about it, it can be annoying i know but we'll have to wait for the final released game to make any real judgments, i'm sure eden/atari listen to opinions and are on top of it...have faith.

Dan

Like you see.. A car with a dual clutch system makes a constant feel of power, while a single clutch system makes that pause between each gear.

Seems to me like Eden don't know how the dual clutch systems in real cars works, and the sounds they make when shifting gears.

...and maybe they have made all the cars with single clutch :fp:

If all this stuff is such a big deal to you please don't buy it. TDU1 was possibly the most flawed video game I've ever played, but I still play it all the time. For a game to be severely flawed and to still have a very large amount of people playing it 5 years after release, to me means they are certainly doing something right.

I don't know if EDEN will actually do anything about it but I guess everyone will agree with me on this one. Its not a difficult thing to change (I think), and it just looks, feels and sounds so awfull that makes me wanna puke.

You can notice the way the gears change, the RPM goes down, stops and starts from there, sort of in robotic way instead of smoothly, it feels horrible, it sounds really bad. I don't know what you think:

TDU2:

I don't except the engines to sound like real life because no game actually has really good engine sounds but its just about the gear changing, it isn't smooth. Its like a brutal and robotic rpm change and a sound that seems like a pile of bamboo just fell on the floor (specially on the Veyron). I don't know, I am getting more and more excited about the game, the graphics look much better than I thought, the sense of speed is kind of nice, but that annoyiing gear change is just TERRIBLE!!!:mad:

You can also notice that the ingame steering wheel doesn't respond well. It seems it has a limit of 75º rotation. That is one of the things people complained much about since TDU1, and it looks it wasn't changed. I don't want it to turn 720º but it sure seems too stiff.

Also I HOPE that they kept the SHAKE CAMERA and BLUR EFFECT.:thumbsup:

I don't really wanna complain any more but cars shake a lot and I wonder if if it that hard to create that sort of effect like you are being pushed into a tube when you accelerate. I think NFS Shift nailed it very well. I wonder if we could see that in TDU2 sometime:cry:. Just think what it would be to have a sort of NFS Shift sense of speed in an open world racer!:thumbsup:

If the game wants to make you puke, then don't buy the darn thing.

Seems to be that you only joined this forum to complain. Just shut up already.

Just buy the game and play it, or don't. It really is that simple.

I've been a member of this forum for a few months but mostly a lurker, I posted my introduction and never posted anything else until these last few weeks. However, what I have noticed is that you sir, complain about everything. That's your right I suppose, but it every last aspect of the game is falwed beyond repair to you, simply don't buy it. Don't impose your views on us.

With that being said, in my opinion, this shifting in the videos is the worst part. They never promised Forza/GT physics, never, so I was expecting a mix of arcade handling models. The sound is mediocre despite some members acting like children over car sounds. Its not the best, but it will do. However, the VVV videos the shifting is just awful. He is using an automatic I understand and I do hope its negated by using a proper manual. Its like the rpms teleport from readline back to 3000, no gradual falling of rpms. Just instant.

With that being said I have noticed that during the license tests it seemed the worst. I did notice that even in the higher end cars it wont let you rev it up and smoke on when the start timer says go. Probably to make an even start for everyone doing the license tests. So revving it up there, is not beneficial. It just resets the cars rpm to idle.

If you can't stand the fact that the game you are waiting so much for is so massively flawed, I am not the one that should shut up. I am not posting further in this thread because there is one above that explains things in a better way. It talks about LAZYNESS and that is what this is all about:twisted:. Because EDEN had acess to the real cars and had the chance to record sounds on studio, and they did a VERY BAD job. And don't you come mentioning funds and stuff, because MODDERS don't have any FUNDS and they do a better job than the actual game developers!:mad:

i did NOT tell you to shut up. i did NOT mention anything about limited funds or anything of that sort. what i did was point out something that had already happened and questioned the need for it to happen again.

quite honestly, i think the staff here should break out a feature that VBull has called the "Miserable User Mod"

Look... I appreciate you are concerned with what you see but surely you must have something positive to say? I have plenty of time for people's concerns but not when they can focus on nothing but the problems. I've had my fair share of criticisms towards TDU2, the PR, advertising and I'll be honest I'm not keen on Destra's unrelenting tweets of rubbish. Point is though I still see a lot of good in this game and look forward to the fun aspect in spite of the issues, fun is after all why we game right?

Oh, and the game is officially gold so it's a bit late now.

His way of going on about in voicing his worries and concerns is in serious need of attention, however he obviously does have valid concerns and I would bet he's not the only one and in fact it's clear to see he's not the only one.

If you're not buying the game next month or are waiting for reviews, don't give up on it completely. Just wait for us who dive in on day to get our taste and we will share the good, the bad and the down right abysmal. Then you'll know where to stand and what to wait for to get fixed. :)

There isn't even a changing gear animation, you can see when he is driving the Mustang, that the gears change automatically, and there is no such thing as automatic gears in '68 Mustang. The wheel doesn't stir enough, the character just doesn't stop holding the wheel, I mean, the animations are poor. I could be here all day long...

I know that the VVV Automotive version isn't the final, but these thing I pointed out are not gonna change. What happens is that whenever a fan is complaining, two fans come and tell him to shut up, and you know what? That is great! EDEN knows that most fans are either happy or are blinding themselves to the massive flaws so they can also be happy with the game. This is the reason why they don't change anything, people seem to be very happy with the game, and if people are happy why make a change?

Fans asked for better engine sounds, more sense of speed, more cars, better animation, 360º steering wheel, body parts tuning etc... You see any of that in the game? No, because every single time anyone complains, someone comes over and says everything is fine, so no one actually cares about complains.

I am not asking for boats and planes, bigger islands or anything like that. I am asking for what they should have done right after 4 years of developing a game. They have recreated an immense island, they have updated graphics, new modes, but the driving seems so flawed and painfull that I would rather tour Ibiza in a DAMN BUS!!! :mad::mad:

Complaining is the only way I have to transmit my ideas and concerns, but if no one agrees or most people just tell you to shut up and don't buy the game, no one is actually gonna care. If everyone agreed in a post that something is wrong and no doubt THE GEAR CHANGING IS MUCH MORE THAN WRONG, probably they would change it with a patch or something. But if no one cares, they are not gonna care either.

This is the TDU we will have for the next 4 years or so, maybe even forever. So I just want to make sure that I do all that I can to show what I think is wrong so it can be done right. I love this game and I want this game to be as perfect as possible.

There isn't even a changing gear animation, you can see when he is driving the Mustang, that the gears change automatically, and there is no such thing as automatic gears in '68 Mustang. The wheel doesn't stir enough, the character just doesn't stop holding the wheel, I mean, the animations are poor. I could be here all day long...

I know that the VVV Automotive version isn't the final, but these thing I pointed out are not gonna change. What happens is that whenever a fan is complaining, two fans come and tell him to shut up, and you know what? That is great! EDEN knows that most fans are either happy or are blinding themselves to the massive flaws so they can also be happy with the game. This is the reason why they don't change anything, people seem to be very happy with the game, and if people are happy why make a change?

Fans asked for better engine sounds, more sense of speed, more cars, better animation, 360º steering wheel, body parts tuning etc... You see any of that in the game? No, because every single time anyone complains, someone comes over and says everything is fine, so no one actually cares about complains.

I am not asking for boats and planes, bigger islands or anything like that. I am asking for what they should have done right after 4 years of developing a game. They have recreated an immense island, they have updated graphics, new modes, but the driving seems so flawed and painfull that I would rather tour Ibiza in a DAMN BUS!!! :mad::mad:

Complaining is the only way I have to transmit my ideas and concerns, but if no one agrees or most people just tell you to shut up and don't buy the game, no one is actually gonna care. If everyone agreed in a post that something is wrong and no doubt THE GEAR CHANGING IS MUCH MORE THAN WRONG, probably they would change it with a patch or something. But if no one cares, they are not gonna care either.

This is the TDU we will have for the next 4 years or so, maybe even forever. So I just want to make sure that I do all that I can to show what I think is wrong so it can be done right. I love this game and I want this game to be as perfect as possible.

If you think you can do it better, go do it yourself.

Otherwise, shut up.

I don't mean they don't have it, I just mean I have not seen the gear changing animation in the game, at VVV they are driving with AUTO but you should see the character changing gears? Also in the part where he drives the Mustang, you see that the wheel doesn't turn more than 45º or 50º, I think that is something important.

I love this game and I want this game to be as perfect as possible.

Did you ever follow GT5?

I know what you mean by this, and that it is probably very simple stuff, but chill out man! We have now heard your point, so why don't you just send them an e-mail after you have tried the release version of the game?

For now on, just cool down little, please!:)

I complain because TDU is actually the only game worth complaining about. This is the only racing game that has the "background" to become perfect.

Midnight Club LA has some nice features, but the overall game isn't any good. NFS Shift has tho whole sense of speed but I am just too tired of racing on closed tracks. GT5 is nice but bores the hell out of anyone, and Forza... well I just don't like the game.

On the other hand, TDU has a different concept, a concept that is worth it. There is a whole island, there is freedom, there is a storyline, there is a very original multiplayer mode, there is character and house customization. Basically the first TDU was the dream game of anyone who loves cars and driving.

I know I am too agressive, but its frustrating to know that TDU2 is just a little bit from being the perfect game. C'mon, there are two islands, there are weather effects, day and night cycle, housing and customization, lots of the newest super sports cars.

I ask for better engine sounds, more cars, better sense of speed, editable traffic (off, low, normal, high) and license plates. I think they have gone such a long way with this game, that my wishes are a very small thing that could easily be done with some effort. Maybe with patches, DLCs, whatever.

If I have been too aggresive, I am deeply sorry for that. I won't be bothering you again with my stupid complains.

The complaints aren't stupid, they are genuine. The problem was the nature you put them across in and that you could only see the bad points. We all want to make suggestions to improve the experience just try to control the anger a bit and don't post things over and over.