We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

No Ferrari 458 in Xbox 360 TDU2??

t.

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if Atari charged us to download the replacement DLC for the 458.

Edit: I've just left a rather angry rant on the official forums.

Just saw that post. I agree with everything in it.

And ofcourse they'll charge us for that 458 íf it would ever make it, you think Atari will give such a popular and widely wanted car away for free? I don't think so. It'll be beyond dreaming.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand why M$ would be afraid of Atari/Eden. Imo, they target 2 different groups of racing gamers.

Forza 3 targets the hardcore racers who want to have the most realistic driving experience the Xbox 360 can offer. (at the moment)

TDU2 on the other hand targets those who are willing to give up some realism to have fun with friends doing things such as cruising around a huge island rather than doing 20 laps in the same track.

That's just my opinion. I see no reason why M$ would be scared.

Sooo perfectly stated!!!

Your opinion is mine as well...

Just saw that post. I agree with everything in it.

And ofcourse they'll charge us for that 458 íf it would ever make it, you think Atari will give such a popular and widely wanted car away for free? I don't think so. It'll be beyond dreaming.

I meant the replacement spyker or whatever they're going to release in return for the 458 being missing, unless they've already put the replacement spyker in game.

Yep, that's the general consensus amongst most people. If there's genuine cause for the exclusion of an vehicle then tell us, don't make us find out about it ourselves.

This. I've escalated the point higher for exactly this reason - Atari had made a turn in the right direction when they got together with Cryptic, so this doesn't seem like the way they would want to handle things.

edit: UPDATE - apparently it took Atari by surprise as well. Eden seem to have made the change without the message getting through to the community people, and Atari are very apologetic for it. It was already quoted here, but worth repeating as it bears out assurances I had in private as well:

We're very sorry that this information wasn't published earlier, and agree that it should have been published at the same time the official car list went live. Unfortunately there was an internal miscommunication and this information didn't make it to the public as quickly as we would have preferred.

As we appreciate our fans on all platforms equally, we've made sure to even things out between the platforms. I'll be posting the specifics as soon as I have them. Target ETA is Monday (note: some players have posted potential information on this already, but I have to wait until I get approval before I can post the official confirmation on this). Thanks for your patience and understanding!

I really hate it how every Ferrari sounds. Even the Enzo in TDU1 did sound more realistic then this synthesized crap!! How did Ferrari could agree with those engine sounds?

I really love any other engine sound in TDU2, they really improved but i'm not going to buy a Ferrari in TDU2. It's just completely rubbish!!

Are you sure the 360 Spyker is the C8 Aileron Coupé?

They said AN C8 would be ingame. Spyker made a C8 Aileron and Aileron Spyder, which is that current model, and the C8 Laviolette and Spyder which were in TDU1. That C8 Laviolette was also the basecar for the LM85 Limited Edition and the GT2 car.

• 4 months later...
I can't agree, this lays on Edens hands. There is absolutely NO reason what so ever not to say 3 months ago, "Due to licensing issues the 458 will not be present in the XBOX version of TDU2 and will be replaced with X". Leaving it on the car list was a huge fault. Let's be honest, Eden is going to sell the most game for 360 and this is not the way to treat customers.

Yes but if they said that the 458 will not be present. ie: being replaced by another veyron *big sigh* or not being replaced at all, and being a vacant place i think the sales would go down.

I won't be buying the 458 yet until sound mods come out and i can get rid of that sound.