We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Suggestions for First TDU2 Patch/Update

Elder_of_Lyons

Things the first patches/updates should add/fix:

-Music Import Option (Creating Playlists on Xbox 360/PS3)

-Fix Sound Transitions in Gear Changes, Road Bumps, etc. (Gear Change* sound is very abrupt, revs in GC* and road bumps behave unrealistically.)

-Fix Sound Differrence between Windows up/down (Differece is too slight, should hear a lot of wind sound when opening the windows. Smoother/Muted Windows Up sound.)

-Fully Working Indicators (Inside Car blinking lights and sound.)

-Bring back Seat Position(Cockpit View Calibration), Shake Camera and Blur Effect. Plus the Chronopack.

-Louder wind sounds (Wind Blowing against car/Sound when oncoming traffic passes.)

-More Action and Effects (Acceleration, Braking and Turning should be more aggresive, +camera moving, +trembling, etc...)

-Cockpit View steering wheel turning at least 90º (plus the driver animation should be smoother, seems a little stiff.)

-Helmet for Mercedes Stirling Moss/Ariel Atom/Catheram.

-Working Windshield Wipers.

-Engine Sound Fixes:

-Aston Martin One-77 (Higher Revs sound is very bad

)

-Ferrari 458 Italia (Sound pretty much like a RC car with clutch problems

)

(most cars don't sound like they go past 4000rpm even when in redline.)

If I were to decide what the patch would include, I'd say:

- Clutch fix (So I can actually have a biting point, rather than an on/off effect)

- Engine start/Stop button

- Fix the headlight flash at night (Headlights go out for a few frames when flashing)

- Indicator auto-cancel fix (Regardless of how much you turn the wheel, the indicators only go off if you quickly straighten out)

- Indicator warning light in the cockpit (Just like Live For Speed has)

- More of a sensation of speed (TDU1 had this, but I failed to have the same sensation in TDU2 Beta)

That's it for now, I don't want to wait 5 years for the patch!

might be a patch waiting for launch day - maybe waiting till at least tuesday might be an idea?

personally i think a custom button config option is more important than any of those listed by elder (which i also fully expect to be completely ignored in every patch we ever get).

Man, I didn't wrote that one down cause I didn't know about it! Its really bad, I thought you could edit the controls!:mad: Most games let you do that, I am used to change gears up and down with square and circle, not square and triangle. Might not seem a big difference but its enough to ruin several races in the first month or two!:p

Guest mr cars
;391363']Helmets aren't even in the game yet. Wait for the motorcycle DLC, then see what happens. :) As I recall from TDU1, though, the motorcycle clothing was separate from the car clothing, and you couldn't switch between (until the community patch).

-Leadfoot

Hopefully when Bike DLC comes out we can wear casual clothing riding the bikes and bike clothing driving cars. I at least want to have a helmet on when I'm driving the Ariel Atom!

Some more features request for 1st patch, after having read the reviews :

- OFF button for head-to-apex movement in cockpit view (must-be :) )

- TrackIR support (may be later on though)

- Any on- and offline vehicle trading solution as apparently the only way to sell a car is nnot useful neither evident or practical. AND you can't sell cars you've won...

- An in garage car-sorting solution, or a way to move them from house-to-house without driving them all... That was a HUGE demand from people in TDU, how could you forgot this one Eden ?

Could be nice to edit 1st post to keep track of propositions :)

These are better explanations of the issues I think a patch/update will have to fix:

TDU2 -

TDU1 -

REAL -

So, the Engine Sounds in TDU2 are far better than I expected, although, for lack of time of some other reason, I believe certain important and quite interesting effects and improvements were overlooked.

-First off, its the obvious difference in Gear Changing between TDU2 and TDU1. Whereas in TDU1 you hear an instant and smooth gear change, in TDU2 you hear a "ploc", a massive rev fall and an abrupt starting again of the sound in the new gear. I believe this is an issue, since in TDU1 gears seemed to change much smoother and realistically, also you only heard that "ploc" of the gear changing in older cars like the Maserati 3500GT or the Mustang.

-Second, in TDU1 you can see the car shaking/trembling at high speeds, which is also something you can notice in any car you drive or any video you see. However in TDU2 the cars seem not to tremble at all. This is an important part of the sense of speed, and since the first TDU already had nailed it pretty well, I think its disappointing that TDU2 doesn't do it as nicely.

-The third thing is the fact that in TDU1 you could feel the acceleration and gear changing a lot better. In TDU2 the acceleration and gear changing doesn't have any big impact on the camera or car. You can notice on this or any real video that cars shake and push a lot. The strange thing is that TDU1 seemed to have this matter better represented than TDU2.

As most of you know, I have already talked about these issues. But now I wanted to discuss them without all the anger and disappointment. TDU2 is a small step from becoming perfect. They have done the cars, the island, the weather effects, the online modes, etc.. Now all we need is the fixing of little issues that can really give a lot more for TDU2.

I do not ask for realistic physics or better graphics, in fact there are little things that EDEN could have done better (in my opinion). So all I ask for the updates and patches are little things that can really give a lot of the emotion and sensation of driving a car.

These mentioned above are small issues that can easily be improved with Sound Editing and adding Visual Effects. This is why I even bother writing these posts and analysing videos to notice issues, because TDU2 is a small step from perfection. A little more NFS Shift like visual effects, a little more Midnight Club LA like action and we can have ourselves the indisputable most amazing racing game ever.

So please, I ask the fans/community to take this post seriously and I ask EDEN to take a look at these issues. Furthermore I am really sorry about my most aggressive posts and I want to assure the community that the improvement and evolution of the TDU experience is my only objective.:D

I posted this on the official forums, but do you guys think that maybe since the game doesn't officially release until this Tuesday(North America) that they might be working on a patch or a finished patch might go live the date before the official release?

I think it may be likely! There are many issues being spotted since the first final build vids were seen, so I think they may want to fix them before long after release. And I sure hope they take into account the issues that have been discussed in the forums. Personaly I think patches/updates are only worthy if they are available soon after the game's release.

the lost game save issue needs addressing - if the game doesn't work properly the game isn't going to be very prolific once word gets around.

Yeah, I agree completely. There have been quite a few bug/glitch reports and the game wasn't even released yet. So if the few people who have it already experienced such bugs, I hope this doesn't get catastrophic:-x after the game release!