We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

What do you think of the 'Taster Drives'?

Eudemon

Future Car 'Taster Drives'?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Future Car 'Taster Drives'?

• I like being able to have a taster of future cars.
    • I don't like not being able to buy them.
    • I'm not bothered.

We know about getting to drive cars that aren't in the game as sold due to the Audi R8 V8 but with the new Exploration Pack essentially showing us what's coming and in a way allowing us to sample before we buy, I was wondering what you think about this approach? I like the cnstruction sites don't get me wrong, the whole new car being in the game though is something I'm not sure about and would like to hear what you guys got to say.

Do you not like the fact that you can use those cars but can't get them so to speak?

or

Do you like being able to use them and maybe even give feedback on them before they are actually released for us to be able to buy?

I'm not sure where I stand to be honest as imo this just opens up more things for the modders and hackers to "take" so unless they have damn good cheat/hack protection and enforce it I'm not sure if it's great or not. :confused:

Out come the hex editors... If you want people to buy something let them buy it, don't put it there and give them ample time to work on obtaining it without paying.

I like the idea.. kinda, no wait.. it's just annoying.

The building site thing, that's a cool detail.

It's unlikely that this path would be appealing to Atari/Eden (ie, it would stop the flow of DLC), because part of the thrill of DLC is that you are being told through the advertising (trailers, YouTube videos, screenshots, etc.) that this car (or map, for other games) is vital to your happiness with the game - that it wouldn't be complete without it. If players had a test drive of the car, they'd realize that it's just a car, and that it's a lot like the 80 others in the game.

If it's a new game mode, this strategy would work. But for car-based DLC, it would be a very poor move for Atari (and hurt us, in turn, by slowing/halting the flow of new content). Admittedly, some players would probably download the pack from the jealousy of seeing other players with the cars, but the majority would realize it's not worth their five bucks and walk away. :(

-Leadfoot

I wonder if those 2 cars are acquirable, but with them changing up the savegame and scrutinizing it, maybe they will figure out a way to remove "hackers". Be a damn shame if they do though, I love my 458. Also, I'll let you guys know how the exploration pack effects stuff, if it actually does anything, and it isn't just atari bluffing. (From what a few PC guys been saying though, it looks like they managed to hit the nail in the head with the hex editing stuff, only time will tell if they manage to carry across that security to xbox, hopefully not..)

I'd like it if the game was made by Turn10(Forget that they only make Xbox games, it's an example). I don't see any of the hackers or modders getting banned because it's been 3 months already. Whereas if this was made by Turn10 then none of the hacking or cheating, or not as much would go on online.

But with the way it is it's a bad idea because people will get the cars without paying for them yet the people who are unwilling or won't know how to mod the game have to pay for them.

First party developers are always going to have a massive edge in that area though, now if you'd picked another third party developer akin to Eden then fair enough. Take for example Bizarre Creations, actually you can't as until certain tools became available you couldn't really do much with thier games back then anyway.

I think the truth of the matter is there needs to be something server side and a strike or card system in regards to it. Not so serious offences a simple warning, repeat offence a strike 1/yellow card, another a temporary suspension from online play. And so on until your details are passed on or simply blocked access completely.

I think the idea is dumb. I have a feeling that people who don't realize these are "taster" cars, which will be available later, will think they got Atari'd again. Could lose more gamers.

Personally I am relieved they are not the final product. Gives them a chance to go correct the engine sounds. If they seriously release everyone's beloved Corvette ZR-1 with that noise...wow. Copy and paste the CCX sound, i dont care, but make it sound like an angry supercharged V8.

Copy and paste the CCX sound,

Funny, everyone says it sounds like car X but no consensus has been reached which one it is.

I was a bit disgusted with this, but I figure it's a clever marketing strategy. It made me want the new ZR1... and it made me regret that I can't redo the challenge just to give it another spin.

Funny, everyone says it sounds like car X but no consensus has been reached which one it is.

I was a bit disgusted with this, but I figure it's a clever marketing strategy. It made me want the new ZR1... and it made me regret that I can't redo the challenge just to give it another spin.

i have not heard it except in youtube videos. I think you may have misunderstood what I was saying there. I was saying they should replace the sound with that of the CCX if they have to.

if this is what I can expect from future DLC I will actually have to think about buying them. After popping in TDU1 with Hardcore mode and my F40 the other day it made me realize even more how much TDU2 is lacking. The down shifting and the way the nose lifts under acceleration would be two things to bring back in an effort to make it more enjoyable.

i have not heard it except in youtube videos. I think you may have misunderstood what I was saying there. I was saying they should replace the sound with that of the CCX if they have to.

I understood you were complaining about it sounding like Koenigsegg. My bad, sorry. Need to read stuff more carefully.

It's a clever idea - the only fault being that if the cars are ready - why aren't they on the DLC website already? If they were available to purchase for Atari tokens right now then I would say it's a very good idea. It just seems a tad odd that they've released the cars, but haven't released them yet. What are they waiting for? :lol:

I don't like downloading 400mb for tasters, when it seems likely that I'll have to download that 400mb again later to get the finished product, but the rest of you with your unlimited Internet probably don't care so much about that.

I don't like downloading 400mb for tasters, when it seems likely that I'll have to download that 400mb again later to get the finished product, but the rest of you with your unlimited Internet probably don't care so much about that.

well this is the thing actually , not so much the internet I'm worreid about but why has it become acceptable that we have to wait for a patch in order for a game to be 'completed' in recent years? Why aren't we getting our money's worth of features that we have to pay more for dlcs? It's really annoying.

It's stupid. Not only do we have to see how hackers get to massively own all those cars, I also hoped for a different approach, such as the empty spots in the showrooms being filled with future DLC cars under covers, a similar thing as they did with the under-construction buildings.

such as the empty spots in the showrooms being filled with future DLC cars under covers
Yeah that would be a great idea, just little details like this really add to the whole excitement of what's to come. It's the little details that do get noticed.