We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Post One Random Automotive Video Per Day

Soundwave

I prefer the Golf R for the external looks, and the badge (not sure if I'm ready to be labelled an Audi driver yet), although I'm not sure if I like the concept pics of the new Golf R and haven't seen the proper reveal yet (next month). Plus the new Mk7 interior while technically better hasn't completely won me over. Then of course the Audi is quicker, has more techie features, Internet access, etc. Although I'm not a massive fan of the plain dash, the circular air vents, and the pop-up screen. But that's going off video footage since I haven't sat in one yet.

The Golf R looks more aggresive than the S3 because it is an R model. Basically, the S3 is the GTI of the A3 you know... Just look at the RS 3, it looks way more aggresive than the S3.

I'd wait for the MkVII R and then you could test drive those cars.

The Golf R looks more aggresive than the S3 because it is an R model. Basically, the S3 is the GTI of the A3 you know... Just look at the RS 3, it looks way more aggresive than the S3.

I'd wait for the MkVII R and then you could test drive those cars.

Not sure how you got to that conclusion. The S3 is a slightly faster/more powerful version of the R, and both are AWD. The GTI is more like the A3, but I don't think the A3 comes in a 2.0L anymore (1.8L). The S3 will also have more interior equipment/gadgets as well. Plus the optional B&O sound system.