We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Post One Random Automotive Video Per Day

Soundwave

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm glad this video has happened, simply because It's been a debate i've had with myself and with others on here a few times, is it worth spending all that money and not getting the most extreme version and have the most bragging rights just because I hate that rear spoiler on the V10 Plus? :hmmm: I still can't decide. A fair few commenters on the video have said the same thing.

I'm glad this video has happened, simply because It's been a debate i've had with myself and with others on here a few times, is it worth spending all that money and not getting the most extreme version and have the most bragging rights just because I hate that rear spoiler on the V10 Plus? :hmmm: I still can't decide. A fair few commenters on the video have said the same thing.

Totally not worth the extra money. There's a circa €20 grand difference in base price between them, 10 grand if you load the base version up with ceramics and other stuff.

The AMG S versions are probably worth it since they get extra things like active diffs and engine mounts, "drift mode", bigger brakes, etc., but iirc the R8 plus just has a bit more power, ceramics and that wing as standard.

True, but at the same time you can wonder how much somebody will notice of active engine mounts if that person isn't shaving laptimes 40 hours a week. Some could say it's just another thing that can break down. But ye, really listing what you get extra, a GT S vs GT offers more bulletpoints difference than an R8 Plus vs R8 V8. Unless somebody really only wants a V10 and be able to say it has that.

Remember though Merc does the same thing. The x65 AMG used to be a rare top-notch offer, now it's as wide available as they can including on that ladderchassis container, it's being surpassed in terms of performance yet it costs around 100K more than a 63. But people will still buy them. It's a V12 with 1000Nm, still more than a V8 900Nm, and it's more expensive when new so they can show off even more and be able to say ''I bought the best one they had''.