We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Show us your driving videos

Camel

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't because it'll be embarrassing :p

Only place it's good is 30-70 and that's a bit hit and miss at the moment as it seems to decide when it wants to be spritely by itself rather than by what my right foot does.

Can't see why a dyno video wouldn't be accepted, if it features your car then I can't see a problem. The car's sort of driving, just in the same place and on rollers, lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Looked like around 90kph for the first bit (not very smart cutting corners into the next lane with no visibility), then reaching about 130kph at the end. (also not a great idea with your squeaky brakes). Signs on the side of the road weren't exactly whizzing past.

Looked like around 90kph for the first bit (not very smart cutting corners into the next lane with no visibility), then reaching about 130kph at the end. (also not a great idea with your squeaky brakes). Signs on the side of the road weren't exactly whizzing past.

Nope for both speeds :cheeky: This wide angle lens is ridiculous lol. You can't see it in video but in reality you can see car lights from quite a distance away, so it's plenty safe, most people here do it at night time when there's nothing coming. And the squeaky brakes work 100%, they were tested for the MOT when it was like this and the guys from the MOT centre test drove it to make sure ;)

1) If you were speeding, take it down before its too late!

2) You're allowed to zip through the roads between the right and wrong ways? :hmmm:

Yep, it's legal. Wouldn't recommend it on blind corners during the day, or roads you don't know well.

[off topic] I was speaking to a new receptionist we have (casual while the main one if on holiday) and she's from Northern Ireland. But she's also lived in Scotland for a while, so her accent is all over the place :p [/off topic]

I dread to think what that sounds like. Seems like quite a lot of us have moved over there :hmmm:

Speed looks fine until you get on to the dual carriageway. Cutting corners looks fine as well, more visibility there than the video shows. There's only one corner(s) I've ever cut in my car and it's a tight-ish S-bend going up a hill which you can see straight through so you know if something is coming, but I only cut it if I've got nobody behind me either which is very rare as I only use it at rush-hour.

I probably wouldn't go as fast on the road shown in the first half due to the time of day, weather conditions and the leaves on some of the corners, but I don't know the road.

I was bored and I had to do an errand today so I thought I'd see what the 500D was like at recording in-car videos. I have a large Gorillapod, but I've lost one of the attachments so I couldn't use that. I improvised by wedging the camera under the passenger seat headrest and then secured it a bit more by wrapping bungee cord around it. Unfortunately I think the camera will need to be mounted on a much more solid surface as it seems to pick up even the slightest bumps/ripples in the road. It's a boring video, but it involves driving:

• 4 weeks later...

Just driving down some small roads, listening to some Muse (you can mute it if you want to, didn't realize my mistake before it was too late :lol:) earlier today (about noon and the sun was already setting, gotta love the Finnish winter) :) Also, judging by the video it could be June - usually we should have a massive load of snow already but sadly all of it melted a few weeks back when there were a few warm days :(

It's nothing special, I just wanted to test how well my iPhone works as an incar camera :p Good enough I guess :) I'll record something that's actually interesting once I can just figure out what it could be :lol: