We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Show us your driving videos

Camel

Nice progressive surge and a sweet note to go with it there. Mine just shoves me in the back straight away as soon as I change down a few gears so I often don't reach red line.

I don't know of any nearby tunnels that are long enough and without speed cameras :(

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, people who aren't into the whole "car" business, yes :cheeky: Most of my "Pro-VW" friends like it :)

Here, I uploaded some more exhaust-y videos for you :D

-snap-

That 5 series got too impatient waiting for me to slow down for the tunnel, then i caught him up again :cheeky:

That sounds quite good to be honest! :D

I have the same problem with my exhaust. Most people say it's to loud and chavvy, but all car people like it.

That sounds quite good to be honest! :D

I have the same problem with my exhaust. Most people say it's to loud and chavvy, but all car people like it.

Surprisingly mine is the same. Gives a nice roar, especially at idle with the choke out in the morning waking my street up. :lol:

I'm not sure what mine is like when driving, all I can hear is the engine inside. But when I gave it a few revs with a stick stood outside the car it sounded pretty nice. Didn't rev it up much either.

Will get a video of it tomorrow if I remember.

When idling with no choke it's really quiet in and out.

Got the car out of the estate successfully. I was planning to do a video as well so I took my Panasonic FZ38 for a change as I thought it's proper image stabalisation would help out on the bumpy roads, but nope. I really need to invest in a proper mount, but I'd rather have a smaller camera to start with.

Crap viewing angle (can't see the road), crap idea for mounting a camera (under the headrest), crappy slow driving (no excuse).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

An older video:

Holden SS being RWD and with bigger tyres is obviously quicker around the corners than me (and I wasn't really in the mood for it since I'd been working 'til 4am the night before - only did this cruise since I slept in a motel nearby after work, but I've driven with other ones before and I have similar acceleration speed). Then there was a very slow, incompetent, and inconsiderate Hyundai Getz driver who wouldn't use the slow driver turn-offs to let me past, then a few times I didn't overtake on straights since I didn't trust him weaving around, then finally had enough.

Bought a cheap windscreen mount for my phone a couple of weeks ago and decided to see how well my phone could record video while in the mount. Rather foolishly I gave it the worst conditions possible. Recording in the dark with a windscreen covered in crap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZcvzLmt28g

No my headlights aren't as poor as the video makes them appear to be, they are perfectly fine, but the phone didn't want to capture even half of the light that the headlights actually emit.

I thought this would be a good idea to do some dashcam videos for YouTube because driving standards around here seem to have become absolutely dire after Christmas and they only seem to be getting worse. Unfortunately my phone doesn't have enough storage and I'd have no battery left on the thing by the time I got to work. However, I should have something a bit more discrete to record driving videos with from now on and as long as I keep them as daylight videos then I don't think they'll be too bad.