We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Forza Horizon: An Open World Forza!!

hassan1995

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is this TDU2 you talk of? :confused:

Also funny seeing all the comments on NFS & Horizon, can't help but laugh! Part of me think's I should comment and say the whole deal about things.....but then i think "Why bother, if they can't be bothered to look up and read about a game then why waist my time on them?"

Yes and no, I just see you showing proof to the moneymen who constantly cut, remove and "delay" sections of a game in order to sell it later to the gullible and stupid. Whining about how Horizon is FM5 and watering down the brand is laughable but so is justifying the ever-growing 'let's just take this out and sell it later' mantra that Microsoft especially, are really good at doing.

DLC used to be all about expanding a game after it was out a couple of months or so, now we get Day 1 DLC and hear about DLC months in advance, fair enough there's a certain level to expect of this but when things are shown near complete already and they are months away it just makes me wish for the days when a game was actually fully on the disc and extra content was believe it or not, actually extra to the game you had bought. However what annoys me most about this is that those people making the games today obviously grew up with these sort of games and practices and yet it's still going in a completely messed up 'pay for everything' direction which is eventually going to end up crashing just like Atari did in the 80's (and continues to do today! :)).

Maybe crowd-funding and open development will help with this but I don't like where things are going and it's probably why I have hardly bought anything DLC wise in a long time now.

I dunno, I just thought there was a possibility that they've not actually finished the DLC and didn't want to affect the release of the game in any way. Although I do agree with people that if they release it a few weeks/months later even though they could have included it in the game, it is a bit poor..

Diablos talk on DLC.

I remember when DLC was something I used to wait to hear about, Burnout Paradise was a good example for me, the game had been out for over a year before DLC was added, starting with a free patch that added Bikes as well as day/night and a whole host of other things, and the DLC actually added stuff in!(The island, Police gamemode, etc)

Now it's something you expect and I often anticipate with the same amount of joy as a getting told I got someone pregnant! That said sometimes the DLC can turn out to be good! Fallout 3's DLc was fun and added new stuff!

It's all down the publisher, remember? No doubt they've enforced an October release date in keeping with tradition and so anything not completed then will come out later. Still that's no excuse for Day 1 DLC. I don't see it as rewarding loyal fans, just ripping off players who want 'the lot'.

Can't wait to see how pCARS turns out and if the success story entices other devs to go crowd funded as well.

Have you played 3 and 4?

Have you played GT5? Have you played Call of Duty lately?

Recycling is nothing new.

Yes. In 3 we got new cars and new tracks and new options.

In 4 we got way better graphics and that's it. Best thing about FM4 are the car packs. If they wouldn't exist i would've have bothered about it...